Author Topic: nominations for Top 10 DUmmies of 2008  (Read 10816 times)

Offline lizard

Re: nominations for Top 10 DUmmies of 2008
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 05:28:07 AM »
frenchiecat - she posted a thread about how she was chanting o-bah-muh under her breath at the 7-11.  Plus I am inclined to believe she actually is one of the paid blog minions of the Obama camp.  She is forever trying to sway the DUmmies in their thinking about Obama...
Here is her latest... http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7923826

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 07:46:24 AM »
Does anybody recall the "faygoldkid" (or somesuch stupid primitive name), the bitch from Baltimore?

I can't recall any particular bonfires, but it did seem to me the past year that the bitch from Baltimore's a classic textbook example of a bitch.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 08:26:58 AM »
Does anybody recall the "faygoldkid" (or somesuch stupid primitive name), the bitch from Baltimore?

I can't recall any particular bonfires, but it did seem to me the past year that the bitch from Baltimore's a classic textbook example of a bitch.

'faygokid', yes, but I can't recall much about this one or how its distinguished itself.

I want to add MrScorpio and HamdenRice to the possibilities list.  They were reliable in fanning the flames of white guilt during the primaries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: nominations for Top 10 DUmmies of 2008 (close 11:59 p.m. 11/29)
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »
Nominations close at 11:59 p.m. Saturday, November 29, after which voting begins.

One will be able to vote either by posting publicly on the voting thread, or via personal message.

One will be able to vote for primitives not mentioned in this, the "nominations" thread; this thread was created mostly to encourage others to think about the DUmmies of 2008, and which ones stood out the most.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2008, 04:25:12 AM »
I'm still brainstorming but definitely greenbriar...she ALMOST reaches sexpat level of stupidity...almost. She has a job & steady income, a job that most likely puts her in daily contact with needy children. Yet to save a buck she somehow feels entitled to raid food banks that quite possibly could deprive children in her own classroom a hot meal. Amazingly enough, in spite of her lack of grocery money she manages to go on a cruise with her husband every frickin' year. He buys her lovely, expensive gifts. But if we're to believe the greedy harpy, this is a man who is abusive and an alcoholic. Still, she must not be too much in fear for her life since she managed to have a pseudo-affair with the cruise line's cabana boy.

Oh, and lets not forget, she's not just a great teacher, but a loving, concerned mother...well at least about how her daughter is affected by her husband's drinking. She's not concerned about whether getting food from a food bank she doesn't need sets a good example about honesty, empathy, and compassion. She's not concerned about the emotional impact of her running off with some guy she spent a few fleeting hours with on a cruise ship. No, not the cruise ship skank, she's worried that her husband might take his (justified) anger out on his daughter. She's a living, breathing example of liberal hypocrisy and hatred. And she's deliciously blind to it all. If I were married to her I'd slap her around once a week out of sheer principle. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to find out she was Mrs. Sparkly. On a serious note, this is NOT the kind of person who should be in daily contact with children and if I lived in Kansas I'd pull my kid out and homeschool (ok, I'd homeschool no matter what) just so he wouldn't have to be exposed to her crap.

Cindie
(Who is up late thawing her turkey because she was busy procrastinating the past few days.
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2008, 03:45:11 PM »
My selection, fairly much in order of preference.

undergroundpanther
seemslikeadream
petgoat
GreenBriar
IanDB1
TominTib
HeyHEY
Chimpsrsmarter
aspiegrrl
Hypnotoad

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 04:47:45 AM »
LeftyMom  (1000+ posts)        Tue Nov-25-08 10:25 PM
Response to Original message
15. Hospital spokesman Dr. Julius Hibbert said "A routine soul smear tested positive for pure evil."
 Further tests are underway to confirm presence of a previously undetected soul.

LeftyMom has been on my 2008 nomination radar for quite a while and this post on another thread reminded me again. She's completely my polar opposite...the only thing we have in common is homeschooling...I've met very liberal homeschoolers before...my guess she's a radical unschooler. She's a pretty militant vegan (living on a farm with a variety of meat products walking around, I couldn't imagine letting all these delicious protein resources go to waste). Don't despair I was careful to make sure I thanked God and Norman the (previously frozen) Narragansett turkey who gave his life a couple of months ago so that I could enjoy a tasty dinner.

Still, LeftyMom does work, go to school and homeschool so she doesn't have the usual DUmmie issues that keep her from being a productive member of society. She seems overly concerned about gay issues for someone who thinks Joaquin Phoenix is a hunk, but she does live in CA where GLBT issues reign supreme.

The one thing that galls me is her obsessing over animal rights while not thinking twice about making comments like the one above. This compartmentalized compassion of the left is worthy of a sociological study. I mean, when it comes to animals, I'm a complete bleeding heart. I feed the squirrels and birds. I have dogs, cats, rabbits, goats, geese, ducks, and even chickens who are pets and will live out their entire natural lives here. They all live alongside and roam with those who are "livestock". Sophie Clucker may be the coolest chicken on the planet, but no matter how many times she enthusiastically runs to me and demands to be picked up, she's still going to spend her life outside with Gumbo, the Tublettes and other assorted food.

The whole vegan thing I don't get, especially when you have kids. Milk, cheese, and (especially eggs...the world's most perfect protein) are some of the best sources of protein for growing bodies to be found. It also shows a complete lack of brains on her part...it's one thing to not eat something because you don't like it and another to do it for a principle that doesn't even matter to the damned species you're trying to "save".

You'd think, being pro-choice, she'd side with the chickens. I mean, they have abortions every day...they lay their egg, get out of the nesting box, squawk a little to let the others know what she's done, and goes on about her merry way. Even my broody hens will only set at certain times of the year. So I wonder what people like LeftyMom would suggest we do with the eggs the hens won't set on (even if said hen could be convinced to set year round not all eggs will be fertile so they can't even qualify as chicken abortions). She won't eat eggs "on principle" yet she's perfectly willing to suck a human egg out of it's womb and let it die "on principle". And LefyMom is completely oblivious to the hypocrisy. Why am I not surprised?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2008, 06:58:49 AM »
I have to add  pcintern  to this list.  It claims to be a dentist and has written its share of bouncies regarding how it puts its Republican patients in their place while cleaning their teeth.

It mustn't have much of a dental practice as it seems to have a lot of time to post bouncies and can't hire a hygienist.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 12:51:46 PM »
NNN0LHI.

This is a prime example of Stupidity and Bouncy combining together to make the perfect DUmmy.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2008, 12:53:45 PM »
NNN0LHI.

This is a prime example of Stupidity and Bouncy combining together to make the perfect DUmmy.

I completely AGREE!  The last day or so, he's started quite a few interesting/retarded threads.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 11:42:39 AM »
Well, to jog memories, here's the stupid that's been nominated:

Proud2BLib
IanDB1
sfexpat2000
William Pitt
Atman
TominTib
Husb2Sparkly
Redstone
lonestarnot
bobbolink
NanceGreggs
Ava
wiley50
The Straight Story
Ad Bot
undergroundpanther
Name Removed
Bob Weaver
kpete
greenbriar
cali
Octafish
Judi Lynn
iverglas
seemslikeadream
bornagainhooligan

Surely there's a lot more, but this list is to help others think of those other lot more.
I'd like to nominate Naturyl{bobbolinks buddy in poverty} He stood out for me when he posted this...
Naturyl  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jan-05-08 08:32 AM
Response to Reply #31
60. I am not ashmaed of being poor either
 "I am not ashamed of being poor because I worked my butt off and contributed to the pot for many many years."

I don't "work my butt off" and have no intention or obligation to do so. For one thing, I hate work (for many of the reasons you outlined) and for another, I'm disabled anyway. Should I be ashamed of myself because I "contribute nothing" and have no intention of doing so? Most of America says yes.
I say no. And to me (and perhaps a few others), what I do contribute on a volunteer basis has far more worth than mindlessly flipping burgers would, anyway.

This idea that only the economically "hard-working" are "deserving" is one of the biggest things that perpetuates poverty, homelessness, classism, and all sorts of evils. It's really got to go.
Money as Debt: Prepare to be shocked!
The bolded above just irritates me to no end!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 11:51:22 AM »
There's only one DUmmy that stands out to me this year.  My nomination is based upon the degree of entertainment I experienced in reading their threads.

It's not the peter puffer who was whining about getting evicted - and not being able to get a new residence - because his pitcher was discovered to be a convicted sex offender who may or may not be keeping up with his registration/informing requirements.

It's not Sparkly's husband and his increasingly hostile and disjointed anti-rethug posts.  Nor is it Subway Kitty and her (longwinded) increasing disconnection from reality and venture into the realm of sociopathy.

My nomination for most entertaining DUmmy of the year has to go to none other than AdBot.

(If AdBot's already been nominated, consider this a seconding.)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.