Author Topic: cboy4 primitive asks other primitives if they've ever voted for Republicans  (Read 1430 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4303221

Oh my.

The cboy4 primitive, a second-tier primitive, still appears to be alive and kicking, despite all the Hate and abuse he had to take from the Obamaite primitives.

cboy4  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-24-08 05:59 PM
Original message

Poll question: Do you/will vote for a Republican (s) in your local election?

I'm always torn about this.

Frankly, I don't completely investigate the political affiliations of candidates running for my city council, school board, community college district, etc.

I vote (D) down the line for state and national candidates, but I feel like I need to vote for the person who can best take care of my community .. regardless of whether they're a Republic or a Democrat.

The one Democrat running for city council where I live doesn't have any experience.

In fact, the left-leaning Sacramento newspaper isn't endorsing him. So...

I'm just curious how everyone else handles this.

**And I'm talking about local, as in your community. (city council, county commission, board of mayor and alderman, school board, etc.)

EVERYONE BE HONEST

Poll result (71 votes) 

I vote for ALL Democrats .. And I mean EVERY Democrat locally.  (35 votes, 49%) 
I vote for the most qualified candidate, even if it's a dreaded (R)  (20 votes, 28%)
I'm ashamed to answer  (2 votes, 3%)
Other  (14 votes, 20%)

It's a big bonfire, so only the Primitives of Prominence:

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-24-08 06:01 PM
Response to Original message

1. There might have been one but when I looked closely, he'd swapped over to the Democratic side.

He was unopposed but I'd have been tempted to vote for him if he hadn't swapped parties and he was opposed. I'd had dealings with him and knew him to be honest and fair.

cboy4  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-24-08 06:04 PM

2. I will say if I determine a local candidate is particulary active in the Republican Party, and is a loud mouth about who they're supporting, I won't vote for them.

The prematurely ejaculating primitive (as much as is possible for a female primitive):

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-24-08 06:04 PM

4. I wouldn't vote for a ****ing repiglicon EVER! NOT EVER! I'd write in my Mom first!

cboy4  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-24-08 06:09 PM
Response to Reply #4

11. Yea, I hear ya....but do you research every single person running locally to figure out whether they're a Democrat or a Republic?

Every school board candidate, council candidate, etc., etc.?

That's what I'm really curious about.

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-24-08 07:29 PM
Response to Reply #11

39. Yes!

Yes I do!

cboy4  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-24-08 07:37 PM
Response to Reply #39

44. Wow, good for you.

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-24-08 07:46 PM
Response to Reply #44

50. I threw over a 35 year friendship over this 8 year ruination and you don't think I 
wouldn't check out every single ****ing candidate on the ballot on which I sign for, hugh ugh. I check 'em before I vote 'em!

The Kali primitive from southern Texas, a second-tier primitive, not to be confused with the Vermontese Obamaite cali primitive, a third-tier primitive:

Kali  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-24-08 06:10 PM

12. I am voting for one

I even went as far as endorsing him in the local paper but I did it in a way to rip on the upticket pukes.

"Editor

After the utter failure and chaos of the last decade or so, I can not comprehend how any citizen in this country could vote Republican on a national level. However at the local level it has not been quite as bad and I disagree with your endorsement for XXXXXXXXX. In my opinion, XXXXXXXX has been doing, and will continue to do a fine job.

So while incompetent Republicans in the executive branch and elsewhere should be fired, here locally a few deserve to keep their jobs."

cboy4  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-24-08 06:25 PM
Response to Reply #16

29. That's a shame what you say about your community.

I live in a very safe, fiscally sound and progressive suburb of just over 100,000 people.

I hate to say it, but the Republican led city council has done a good job.

I'll vote for the Democrat without question if I feel he or she is qualified. But I won't blindly vote (D) on principle and put someone on the council who won't sustain the quality of life I enjoy, if I know a Republic can do a better job.

What would that solve?

cboy4  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-24-08 06:28 PM
Response to Reply #21

30. Do you know that for an absolute fact?

That would mean you've investigated the political affiliation of every single candidate running for a local election.

I'm not doubting you. I'm just curious.

The OmahaSteve primitive, a non-primitive on Skins's island:

Omaha Steve  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-24-08 06:16 PM

22. I voted for my state senator Abbey Cornett (R)

She was unopposed. I would still have voted for her. Retired policewoman. Chairman of the Labor Committee. Vote right most of the time. There were 2 R's running for my city council district. I didn't vote on that item. Were new in Bellevue, and didn't know enough. Voted for the Dem in the citywide seat.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Mole trap  :bs:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
In my 36 years of voting, I have never pulled the lever for a democrat. Not even for Dog catcher. Never. Nada, Nyet. Nein. :whatever:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
In my 36 years of voting, I have never pulled the lever for a democrat. Not even for Dog catcher. Never. Nada, Nyet. Nein. :whatever:

There's been some cases where I didn't like the Republican candidate.

But no way in Hell was I going to vote for the Democrat candidate.

Usually in Nebraska, there's a third alternative, the Nebraska party.

In case I didn't like the Republican candidate, I then voted for the Nebraska candidate.

Or, has rarely happened, there's just a Republican candidate on the ballot that I don't care for, and no one else.

In which case I've written in the real name of a primitive from Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

There's been some cases where I didn't like the Republican candidate.

But no way in Hell was I going to vote for the Democrat candidate.

Usually in Nebraska, there's a third alternative, the Nebraska party.

In case I didn't like the Republican candidate, I then voted for the Nebraska candidate.

Or, has rarely happened, there's just a Republican candidate on the ballot that I don't care for, and no one else.

In which case I've written in the real name of a primitive from Skins's island.

If I don't say so, my voting record is quite amazing considering that both of my parents were born and raised in  Appalachia. My father from NE Tennessee and my mother from Harlan County Kentucky. They were democrats all their life.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
If I don't say so, my voting record is quite amazing considering that both of my parents were born and raised in  Appalachia. My father from NE Tennessee and my mother from Harlan County Kentucky. They were democrats all their life.

The maternal ancestress was from Harlan County, Kentucky?

Harlan County has a, uh, colorful history.

Harlan County for decades, generations, was run by the Democrat party.

Once (during the 1920s) a Harlan County Democrat asked a reporter from Chicago (he was trying to scare the guy away), "Well, who do you think's going to win?"

The reporter answered, "It depends upon who's counting the votes."

I dunno if Harlan County's still that way, but its Democrat machine politics went on for a very long time.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

My Grandfather was a sheriff in Harlan County. He worked for the coal company as well. Black lung did him in. Good Irishman.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Local elections here are non-partisan. On state level and above I have always voted GOP.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Meh! It's a piss poor one.....any mole worth his salt knows not to post in these and if you do you always take it to the extreme moonbat position! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
every unopposed Democrat I encounter in Massachusetts gets a write-in vote from me, either the missus or a friend.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Locally, I always vote against Progressive Dane and/or MTI (Madison Teachers Inc.) usually they are the same.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama

I was thinking they needed to fill the DU graveyard some more.

As for voting Dim, I did that once and that was for the state's attorney here who I thought was doing a good job until a case came up this year where this guy got a slap on the wrist for beating a 9 month old kid to death and the state's attorney didn'tpush for a higher charge to begin with.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:15:04 PM by Atomic Lib Smasher »

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Vagabond

I usually vote R.  Locally I'll vote for whoever I think will do the better job.  I always vote incumbent for sheriff absent a reason not too like incompetence or corruption.  The local sheriff  is a democrat, and he actually does a good job all things taken into account.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I voted for Zell Miller when he was in the Senate. I didn't vote for him when he was running for governor.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.