Author Topic: Common mistakes, uncommon reactions in 3 separate shootings  (Read 169 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Common mistakes, uncommon reactions in 3 separate shootings
« on: April 20, 2023, 07:39:03 AM »
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/nation-world/shootings-showing-up-wrong-place-kansas-texas-new-york/507-80d526fb-2374-4ee2-8996-58e3e6a69aa3

I don't know if the algorithms are getting to me, but this article collects a couple of sad events that have become the drama de jour in several feeds.  Moonbats on twitter and reddit are riling up about how these are more proof of how horrible our gun culture is, how the one MUST be race related since a white man shot a black teenager (the cheerleaders were shot by a Hispanic man, but there have been moonbats dragging race into that one, claiming ebil conservatives will use the story to keep poor brown people out, even though last I looked, there's no mention of the person's immigration status)  So much of the standard "how can this push our agenda" fertilizer.

My big question: why are these few scattered events getting pushed up?  Stats say there are all kinds of violent crimes each and every day.  Other stories are just as tragic, just as senseless, but don't get the kind of "viral" push these ones are.  I try not to pull out the tin foil hat, but it really seems like someone somewhere is picking what they think people need to be looking at, which is nothing new, but given the randomness of the internet, one would think such direction would be harder to accomplish.  Yet it keeps happening.

Maybe I just need to go get my coffee....

one more that is getting included in this recent spat.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/19/6-year-old-girl-parents-shot-after-basketball-rolls-into-mans-north-carolina-yard/

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
Re: Common mistakes, uncommon reactions in 3 separate shootings
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 10:15:51 AM »
It has been pretty obvious for several years now. No mention of back on black shootings, lootings, out of wed lock births.

6 People control the news, I listen to see what the crisis de jour will be.