Author Topic: DUmmy takes courageous stance against Republicans on DU  (Read 1232 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
DUmmy takes courageous stance against Republicans on DU
« on: September 03, 2008, 04:30:45 PM »
IdaBriggs  (1000+ posts)       Wed Sep-03-08 07:43 AM
Original message
I'm Never Going To Forgive Them (Republicans/Politicians)
 I have said this before, and I will say it again. I am an "Independent." Prior to the election of 2000, I voted for the 'best' candidate, and only marginally paid attention to the letter that came after their name. That meant for 'local' and 'state' elections, I voted for both Democrats, Republicans, and a few third party candidates. (I admit that if I didn't really know anything about candidates, I would just pick women, on the theory that more women in government was a good thing.)

At this point, you can not PAY me (and heaven knows the Republicans have tried) to vote for a Republican EVER AGAIN. PERIOD. I don't care if they are running for Dog Catcher, they aren't getting my vote. In my opinion, they supported their 'presidential' candidate -- the man who has committed a legion of crimes, including spitting on the constitution, and have refused to pressure their 'upper echelon' to impeach.

They are team players, and they are disgusting.

Honestly, I feel the same way about the folks on both sides of the aisle who haven't removed this criminal administration from office. I will never give a rat's ass about the 'not having the votes' to impeach/jail.

Justice was not served by either party, and frankly, they just made me cynical. They BOTH failed in their oaths of office, and they failed me, my country, and themselves.

But I'll be damned if I EVER vote for a Republican for ANYTHING for the rest of my life. I will use it as a litmus test for corruption, selfishness, stupidity, and willful ignorance.

I will honestly hold the Democrats in contempt for their cowardice, because frankly, I think there had to be some kind of blackmail/threat going on such that Junior wasn't removed from office when HE SAT IN A CHILDREN'S CLASSROOM FOR MORE THAN TWO SECONDS AFTER BEING TOLD THE COUNTRY WAS UNDER ATTACK (hello? was he just waiting for nuclear bombs to land before authorizing interception?), but hey, what can a person say -- I honestly believe John Kerry and the rest of the Democratic leadership when they say they assumed the President was telling the truth about needing the support of the Congress as a negotiation tool, instead of just being a lying tool who treated this country and its service people like his family's private piggy bank.

Don't even get me started on why Cheney isn't in jail/hasn't been impeached, because the topic is enough to send me frothing at the mouth. Anyway...

But its the Republicans who will have my ire for the rest of eternity, because if they had been DECENT PEOPLE, they would have cleaned up their own party, and taken the trash out when they had power -- because they had the power, and instead, they let Washington be run by people who have actually been INDICTED FOR CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR -- and then, their yelping echo chamber had the nerve to hold these people up as icons of respectability???

As I said, I won't vote for someone with an R after their name for ANYTHING for the rest of my life, and I will teach my children to hold the corrupt liars in contempt for their sanctimonious speeches/lack of respect for the constitution. I want to send the cowards packing, and think we should ship them out of the country to someplace where they belong -- a nice theocratic dictatorship (which is what they've tried to create here!) sounds nice.

That's Junior's legacy. I spit on him and his ilk, and I'll dance on his grave, celebrate his death, and throw a huge ass party when/if he and his enablers do the perp walk/head off to Gitmo for the rest of his life.

Politics like this may have been a way of life for decades, but I've never hated like I hate now. Reagan sucked, Bush Senior was awful, but Junior -- well, he's Evil. And the people who supported him -- they aren't much better.

Regret, Repent, Repair -- I don't have to forgive them until they do it, and since they are PROUD of their legacy (instead of justifiably ashamed), SCREW THEM FOREVER.

Republicans are bad people, and I don't like Bad People.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3911329

Feh. The only thing anyone ever paid this moron to do probably involves removable dentures and a lack of a gag reflex.

I mean, how much guts does it take to go on DU and say you won't vote for Republicans? And who the F is IdaBriggs, anyway? Does its vote count for more than mine, or something?
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: DUmmy takes courageous stance against Republicans on DU
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 04:33:23 PM »
She's never voted R her whole life.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 04:39:44 PM »
Lets see...it was Vice President algore who proclaimed Bill Clinton a "great" President on the day of is impeachment for the real crime of lying before a Grand Jury.

HE SAT IN A CHILDREN'S CLASSROOM FOR MORE THAN TWO SECONDS AFTER BEING TOLD THE COUNTRY WAS UNDER ATTACK (hello? was he just waiting for nuclear bombs to land before authorizing interception?)

Yep,as soon as he heard the word he should have jumped up screaming LAUNCH!!!!!

No one ever sounds stupider then when they live under the false premise that they are profund or wise.
DUmmies wrote the book on that fact.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »
Feh. The only thing anyone ever paid this moron to do probably involves removable dentures and a lack of a gag reflex.

I mean, how much guts does it take to go on DU and say you won't vote for Republicans? And who the F is IdaBriggs, anyway? Does its vote count for more than mine, or something?

Ho-hum.  The Idiot Briggs primitive.

The Idiot Briggs primitive works for either a travel agency (not likely, though) or some governmental department that makes "travel arrangements" for bureaucrats (more likely), and as such has been given free trips by grateful vendors.

It was the Idiot Briggs primitive who, in spring 2005, came back from an all-expenses ten-day tourist trip to Egypt, and announced on Skins's island that women have more rights in Egypt than they do in America.

Illumination she apparently got from staying in a whites-and-rich-browns-only hotel, and going out onto the streets of Cairo only under close supervision by "guides."

LibraryLady over at our old home used to feel sorry for the Idiot Briggs primitive, because the Idiot Briggs primitive is somewhat borderline too-old to have infants, and bore twins successfully.  There were some problems, but it came out okay.  LibraryLady can be too saccharine for her own good at times. 

When the Idiot Briggs primitive made her comments about women's rights in Egypt, there happened the FIRST KNOWN occurrence of dissent on Skins's island, some now long-gone primitive (not mausoleumed, just gone away) taking her to task for being so stupid.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 05:02:54 PM »
Can we quit paying you if you vote for a democrat?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »
I am an "Independent."

you can not PAY me (and heaven knows the Republicans have tried) to vote for a Republican

they are disgusting
I'll be damned if I EVER vote for a Republican for ANYTHING

Republicans who will have my ire for the rest of eternity
I won't vote for someone with an R after their name for ANYTHING for the rest of my life, and I will teach my children to hold the corrupt liars in contempt

I spit on him and his ilk, and I'll dance on his grave
I've never hated like I hate now. Reagan sucked, Bush Senior was awful, but Junior -- well, he's Evil.
Well. I guess we should be thankful that DUmmy IdaBriggs is an independent. We could be in trouble if she ever turned partisan.

Actually, DUmmy IdaBriggs adds credence to my own belief that there are only three types of "Independent": 1. Democrats who are ashamed to be associated with people like DUmmy IdaBriggs, who are a large portion of the party; 2. Folks too dimwitted to have ever formed a political philosophy; and 3. Liars. DUmmy IdaBriggs, of course, falls into the third category.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 05:38:26 PM »
I am an "Independent."

you can not PAY me (and heaven knows the Republicans have tried) to vote for a Republican

they are disgusting

I won't vote for someone with an R after their name for ANYTHING for the rest of my life, and I will teach my children to hold the corrupt liars in contempt

I've never hated like I hate now. Reagan sucked, Bush Senior was awful, but Junior -- well, he's Evil.
Well. I guess we should be thankful that DUmmy IdaBriggs is an independent. We could be in trouble if she ever turned partisan.

Actually, DUmmy IdaBriggs adds credence to my own belief that there are only three types of "Independent": 1. Democrats who are ashamed to be associated with people like DUmmy IdaBriggs, who are a large portion of the party; 2. Folks too dimwitted to have ever formed a political philosophy; and 3. Liars. DUmmy IdaBriggs, of course, falls into the third category.

Or 4. Those who are displeased with the RINO-ridden GOP.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 06:24:24 PM »
IdaBriggs  (1000+ posts)       Wed Sep-03-08 07:43 AM
Original message
I'm Never Going To Forgive Them (Republicans/Politicians)
 I have said this before, and I will say it again. I am an "Independent." Prior to the election of 2000, I voted for the 'best' candidate, and only marginally paid attention to the letter that came after their name. That meant for 'local' and 'state' elections, I voted for both Democrats, Republicans, and a few third party candidates. (I admit that if I didn't really know anything about candidates, I would just pick women, on the theory that more women in government was a good thing.)
Oh, so you admit you are a sexist.

At this point, you can not PAY me (and heaven knows the Republicans have tried) to vote for a Republican EVER AGAIN. PERIOD.
Uh, no, the Democratic party's surrogates were the ones supplying CRACK and booze and Cigs to Bums. But, I shouldn't confuse you with facts, you are confused enough.
I don't care if they are running for Dog Catcher, they aren't getting my vote. In my opinion, they supported their 'presidential' candidate -- the man who has committed a legion of crimes, including spitting on the constitution, and have refused to pressure their 'upper echelon' to impeach.
The Second Amendment isn't part of the constitution.
They are team players, and they are disgusting.
How dare they be patriotic?! The Bastards!
Honestly, I feel the same way about the folks on both sides of the aisle who haven't removed this criminal administration from office. I will never give a rat's ass about the 'not having the votes' to impeach/jail.
It isn't not having the votes, dumb ****, it is not having the crimes.

Justice was not served by either party, and frankly, they just made me cynical. They BOTH failed in their oaths of office, and they failed me, my country, and themselves.
Both? Clinton and Carter, or Kennedy and Johnson?

But I'll be damned if I EVER vote for a Republican for ANYTHING for the rest of my life. I will use it as a litmus test for corruption, selfishness, stupidity, and willful ignorance.
This moran has never heard of Chicago, where the dead rise from their graves to vote.
I will honestly hold the Democrats in contempt for their cowardice, because frankly, I think there had to be some kind of blackmail/threat going on such that Junior wasn't removed from office when HE SAT IN A CHILDREN'S CLASSROOM FOR MORE THAN TWO SECONDS AFTER BEING TOLD THE COUNTRY WAS UNDER ATTACK (hello? was he just waiting for nuclear bombs to land before authorizing interception?),
Yeah, because treating an attack like a crime, or running off half cocked would have stopped the second plane in mid air!
but hey, what can a person say -- I honestly believe John Kerry and the rest of the Democratic leadership when they say they assumed the President was telling the truth about needing the support of the Congress as a negotiation tool, instead of just being a lying tool who treated this country and its service people like his family's private piggy bank.
The BDS is STRONG with this one, as one suspects is also true of the BO (not obama)

Don't even get me started on why Cheney isn't in jail/hasn't been impeached, because the topic is enough to send me frothing at the mouth.
Because I am a ****ing loon and am half a pubic hair from frothing at the mouth at anytime.
Anyway...

But its the Republicans who will have my ire for the rest of eternity, because if they had been DECENT PEOPLE, they would have cleaned up their own party, and taken the trash out when they had power -- because they had the power, and instead, they let Washington be run by people who have actually been INDICTED FOR CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR -- and then, their yelping echo chamber had the nerve to hold these people up as icons of respectability???
Yeah, killing a girl in an Olds, $90k in the freezer, etc, much more respectable
As I said, I won't vote for someone with an R after their name for ANYTHING for the rest of my life, and I will teach my children to hold the corrupt liars in contempt for their sanctimonious speeches/lack of respect for the constitution. I want to send the cowards packing, and think we should ship them out of the country to someplace where they belong -- a nice theocratic dictatorship (which is what they've tried to create here!) sounds nice.

That's Junior's legacy. I spit on him and his ilk, and I'll dance on his grave, celebrate his death, and throw a huge ass party when/if he and his enablers do the perp walk/head off to Gitmo for the rest of his life.

Politics like this may have been a way of life for decades, but I've never hated like I hate now. Reagan sucked, Bush Senior was awful, but Junior -- well, he's Evil. And the people who supported him -- they aren't much better.
I guess the moran enjoyed double digit unemployment and interest rates under Carter, and all that Respectable behavior under (get it) Clinton

Regret, Repent, Repair -- I don't have to forgive them until they do it, and since they are PROUD of their legacy (instead of justifiably ashamed), SCREW THEM FOREVER.

Republicans are bad people, and I don't like Bad People.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3911329

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 06:28:14 PM »
Shut up ImaPigg - BTW, how is that New Hampshire recount working out for you ?

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 06:41:07 PM »
I am an "Independent."

they are disgusting

#4...Thinks both parties sux...
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 06:53:46 PM »
4. Those who are displeased with the RINO-ridden GOP.
Sorry, can't buy it. In my humble opinion, people who claim to be "independents" for those reasons are simply democrats, ashamed to admit it.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 07:07:13 PM »
seems like a typical uninformed voter.

Ida, if you don't know anything about the candidates, either don't vote or vote for the woman but only if she is hot.  ::)
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 07:33:21 AM »
4. Those who are displeased with the RINO-ridden GOP.
Sorry, can't buy it. In my humble opinion, people who claim to be "independents" for those reasons are simply democrats, ashamed to admit it.

Bullshit. Just 'cause I dislike the Arnold/Arlen Specter/Chris Shays losers doesn't make me a 'RAT. Bitchslap for that.