Author Topic: Man Can't Get Heart Transplant Because He's Not Vaccinated Against COVID  (Read 469 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216285006

Siwsan
Man Can't Get Heart Transplant Because He's Not Vaccinated Against COVID

BOSTON (CBS) – David Ferguson is speaking out passionately on behalf of his son DJ. He says the 31-year-old is fighting for his life at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and in desperate need of a heart transplant. “My son has gone to the edge of death to stick to his guns and he’s been pushed to the limit,” Ferguson said.

The family says he was at the front of the line to receive a transplant but because he has not received the COVID-19 vaccination he is no longer eligible according to hospital policy. And Ferguson says his son refuses to get the shot.

“It’s kind of against his basic principles, he doesn’t believe in it. It’s a policy they are enforcing and so because he won’t get the shot, they took him off the list of a heart transplant,” Ferguson said.

Brigham and Women’s released a statement saying, “And like many other transplant programs in the United States – the COVID-19 vaccine is one of several vaccines and lifestyle behaviors required for transplant candidates in the Mass General Brigham system in order to create both the best chance for a successful operation and also the patient’s survival after transplantation.”

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2022/01/24/covid-19-vaccine-heart-transplant-boston-brigham-womens/?fbclid=IwAR1DfupC_9UaEETy0RCALy4eXvD6ldHnazcVEko3f8Z9Y6Tv74O7-99xTl0

MuseRider
1. I'm certain they knew about this before this critical time.
Surely it was mentioned before. Yes it is sad but the health of an entire world means we depend on each other so.......sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do for the good of everyone so.......

Now do illegal aliens. I could ask that question of 90% of the respondents on that thread.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Man Can't Get Heart Transplant Because He's Not Vaccinated Against COVID
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 03:49:04 PM »
.sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do for the good of everyone so.......

...so, no to lockdowns, mandates, etc., right?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 04:14:20 PM »
I smell a big lawsuit.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 09:11:06 PM »
MuseRider
1. I'm certain they knew about this before this critical time.
Surely it was mentioned before. Yes it is sad but the health of an entire world means we depend on each other so.......sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do for the good of everyone so.......

So free helicopter rides for commies then? For the good of everyone?
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 09:17:14 PM »
So free helicopter rides for commies then? For the good of everyone?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 07:42:47 AM »
That entire thread over there is full of heartlessness and cruelty. 

LaMouffette (1,126 posts)

30. I've got "organ donor" on my driver's license, and I would definitely not want any of said organs to

be transplanted into someone unvaccinated.

You'd be dead, DUmbass.  You don't get a say. 

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 08:19:45 AM »
If that is the only reason for denial, then they should be criminally prosecuted!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2022, 10:37:13 AM »
I believe prior to any organ transplant they administer powerful immunosuppressant drugs to kill all the individuals antibodies in order to help prevent organ rejection. 

Would that not include the antibodies the "vaccine" is suppose to create?  :???:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 10:46:52 AM by 67 Rover »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2022, 10:40:10 AM »
LaMouffette (1,126 posts)

30. I've got "organ donor" on my driver's license, and I would definitely not want any of said organs to

be transplanted into someone unvaccinated.

My wife and I are both vaccinated. Both of us got Covid, Im recovered, my wife is getting there. So, tell me DUmmie, do the vaccines work?

FYI the Omni acted JUST LIKE any other cold/flu I've ever had. Odd, huh?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2022, 11:14:33 AM »
Test the patient prior to surgery, and test the surgical team prior to surgery. As was done in the months prior to December 2020. As for after the surgery when the patient's immune system is suppressed (or before?), there is a mab treatment authorized specifically for such people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 10:39:41 AM »
usaf-vet (4,469 posts)

51. They owe it to the donor and the donor's surviving family members to use the heart where it stands..

...... the best chance to prolong the life of the recipient.

colorado_ufo (4,872 posts)

54. Yes!

His son wants his freedom of choice, he made his choice. No one else is responsible for the consequences. A heart is a most precious gift and is not to be put second to someone's political beliefs.
JohnSJ (81,786 posts)

28. Organ donations are a scarce resource. Because of that they want to utilize them in patients who

have the best chance. Choosing not to vaccinate puts one at higher risk then those who get vaccinated. Add to that the immunosuppressives they give to prevent organ rejections make this even more necessary
bronxiteforever (7,782 posts)

33. Someone else who is in dire need of a transplant

will get that heart. If a loved one donated heart for transplant, I sure as hell wouldn’t want it wasted on someone who would treat that gift of life with disrespect.

“What medicines will you need?
You will need to take a lot of medicines after a transplant. These medicines will help to give your transplant the best chance of success, but they may have side effects.

Because different heart transplant centres use different medicines to prevent rejection and infection in their patients, it’s not possible to list or explain all possible side effects here.”
https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/organ-transplantation/heart/living-with-a-heart-transplant/heart-transplant-medicines/
Anyone remember Anthony Stokes? He was a kid with a bad heart, and a criminal record. He was rejected for a transplant because they didn't think he'd follow up with his meds and appointments. HUGE stink was made, and the decision was reversed.
Flash forward two years: Stokes on Tuesday afternoon crashed a stolen car while being pursued by police in Roswell, Georgia, department spokeswoman Lisa Holland told NBC News. Firefighters got him out of the car, and he later died at a hospital.

Holland said Stokes is linked to a home break-in that happened before the crash. She said an 81-year-old woman reported that a person had entered her house wearing a mask and fired gunshots at her.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/anthony-stokes-teen-who-got-heart-transplant-dies-car-chase-n334001
BTW, he took that "scarce resource" with him.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 03:19:46 PM »
I wonder if the government came out and said you could only get the vaccine if you agreed to start a healthy diet, get regular exercise, stop smoking, and drinking, if the DUmmies would have a problem with it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2022, 03:59:50 PM »
I wonder if the government came out and said you could only get the vaccine if you agreed to start a healthy diet, get regular exercise, stop smoking, and drinking, if the DUmmies would have a problem with it.

KC

No "recreational" drugs.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer