Author Topic: My friend posted this.... Yeah it's a big ****en deal!  (Read 541 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
My friend posted this.... Yeah it's a big ****en deal!
« on: January 21, 2022, 09:02:38 AM »
Star Member samplegirl (8,851 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216270808

How many times has Biden played golf his 1st year in office?

He's played... Wait, let's look at his predecessors first.

Barack Obama who was relentlessly mocked for spending so much time on the links by a world renowned birther, spent 105 days in all four years chasing the little white ball, mostly at military courses.

In his first year in office, Trump played 87 times at an average expense of $1million per outing, including cart rental and Coast guard protection. The next year was nearly 100 times for a total of 308 at the end of his term. He played 19 times his first 100 days, beginning February 4th. He enjoyed his favorite pastime, behind crushing democracy, 308 times while collecting the salary he said he didn't want.

Joe Biden played his first game as president on his 89th day in office and racked up a total of nine times at the end of his first year. That's it. Nine times. I can just see the disgusted look on Tucker Carlson's face.

"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf". -DJT

Posted by JohnnyRingo

:yawn:

Star Member panader0 (23,629 posts)

3. Barack Obama "spent 105 days in all four years"

Did you mean eight years? Or if not, how many total?

Septua (658 posts)

6. Don't take this the wrong way...

..and read the entire post before thinking I'm defending Trump.

A President is on duty 24/7/365 during his 4 year term. Whether he's on the golf course or the toilet or in the shower or asleep or on vacation or in a meeting with a head of state in another country, he is on duty. The only time a President is not on duty would be if he is incapacitated for some reason, like undergoing a medical procedure requiring anesthesia. And then, there has to be an official 'temporary transfer of power' to the Vice-President per some section in the 25th amendment. So all the criticism of Presidents going on vacation or playing golf is so much bullshit.

But Donald Trump never fully comprehended what the Presidential duties are...and still doesn't know what Presidents are supposed to do. He was, at best, a quasi-President...from Axios:

"Trump typically wakes up before 6 a.m., sources tell Axios, and the first five hours of his mornings are devoted to “executive time.” According to Axios, that’s anything from watching or reading the news, making calls, checking in with members of Congress, friends, administration officials and informal advisers."

The 'checking in with friends and informal advisors' says a lot. An informal advisor could have been Sean Hannity telling him he "did this right' or 'did that wrong' or suggesting something he should do or say. Steve Bannon advised him quite a bit. He paid more attention to the informal advisors than the knowledgable people in his staff. Trump essentially spent four years running the country per the opinions of all the anti-Democratic party propagandists and trying to con the public into thinking he was doing a good job.

So, he was an ineffective, incompetent President regardless any particular location...worthless on the golf course, worthless in the Oval Office.

:yawn:

Snackshack (1,736 posts)

7. DT's golfing alone

Cost the US taxpayers over $150million. Because every time the President goes somewhere it takes a C5 to transport all the vehicles and support equipment for staff and Secret Service and since most of the golfing DT was properties most of that $150mil went into his properties keeping solvent.

How that was not a huge violation of the Emoluments Clause is unknown since SCOTUS finally decided in March or April last year (2021) I think that the Emoluments case against DT was moot and dismissed it since DT was now out of office…even though the case had come to SCOTUS in early or mid 2020 and they sat on it for months. SCOTUS has clearly become a branch of the GOP.

:whatever:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 09:23:23 AM by dutch508 »
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: My friend posted this.... Yeah it's a big ****en deal!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 09:43:36 AM »
I'm sorry, that abomination of a press conference was the first one Biden has given in how long?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 09:51:53 AM »
I’m still not sure Cap’n Dementia even knows he was sworn in. And I keep wondering just how much juice they had to shoot up in him for him to stay awake for the 90-120 minute presser he did. There’s no way they send him out without shooting him up with speed of some type.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 04:04:09 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 10:04:03 AM »
Joe Biden played his first game as president on his 89th day in office

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 11:36:28 AM »
Star Member samplegirl (8,851 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216270808

How many times has Biden played golf his 1st year in office?
Biden is the same guy who spends 25% of his time in Delaware but go ahead and flex.  ::)
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 01:47:27 PM »
It's not because Biden doesn't have the time or that he's too busy working for us to go golfing, it's because he's such a shitty golfer.    If he could crack the ball like President Trump, he'd be out there golfing all the time--if only as an attempt to improve his image.  Here's why the doddering old husk of a man doesn't go golfing much:

WATCH: Joe Biden Hits Golf Ball in the Wrong Direction

American presidents are well known for playing golf, but as the video shows, Joe Biden did not do the White House any favors with his sad excuse for a chip shot during a recent game.

Not only did Biden not get his ball up on the green, he actually hit the ball in the wrong direction and back out onto the fairway.
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/05/19/watch-joe-biden-hits-golf-ball-wrong-direction/
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 02:11:46 PM »
I heard Brandon gave up on golf because he couldn't get the timing right to get through the door on the windmill and had trouble getting in the hole at the top of the mound on the green.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 03:14:41 PM »
It's not because Biden doesn't have the time or that he's too busy working for us to go golfing, it's because he's such a shitty golfer.    If he could crack the ball like President Trump, he'd be out there golfing all the time--if only as an attempt to improve his image.  Here's why the doddering old husk of a man doesn't go golfing much:
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/05/19/watch-joe-biden-hits-golf-ball-wrong-direction/
he actually defied several laws of physics on that shot.  Let's Go Brandon!
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 03:22:04 PM »
Blind squirrel finds a nut:
Septua (658 posts)

6. Don't take this the wrong way...

..and read the entire post before thinking I'm defending Trump.

A President is on duty 24/7/365 during his 4 year term. Whether he's on the golf course or the toilet or in the shower or asleep or on vacation or in a meeting with a head of state in another country, he is on duty. The only time a President is not on duty would be if he is incapacitated for some reason, like undergoing a medical procedure requiring anesthesia. And then, there has to be an official 'temporary transfer of power' to the Vice-President per some section in the 25th amendment. So all the criticism of Presidents going on vacation or playing golf is so much bullshit.

Then of course it remembered where it was and meekly bleated a few nonsense and false anecdotes.

As Ronald Reagan said: "The President does not get a vacation. The President gets a change of scenery."
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 04:54:23 PM »
Biden is the same guy who spends 25% of his time in Delaware but go ahead and flex.  ::)

In the office at 1000 and out by 1500 then a "lid" is called from Thursday on so he can go back to Delaware where he really wants to be.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 06:30:08 PM »
Biden is too busy trying to apply trunalimunumaprzure to congress to get badakathcare passed, to play golf!

:rotf:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 08:02:48 PM »
In the office at 1000 and out by 1500 then a "lid" is called from Thursday on so he can go back to Delaware where he really wants to be.
I hear Jill Biden pretty much stays in Delaware.  The President will get confused and wander around the residential looking for her and then demand to be taken to her.  I think my estimates of him having dementia is pretty much going to be proven true.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 09:26:39 PM »
 What the Septua DUmmie quoted.

According to Axios

From Wiki:

It was founded in 2016 and launched the following year by former Politico journalists ...
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.