Author Topic: Dean Stockwell Dies: ‘Quantum Leap’ Star Was 85  (Read 289 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Dean Stockwell Dies: ‘Quantum Leap’ Star Was 85
« on: November 09, 2021, 08:34:57 AM »
https://deadline.com/2021/11/dean-stockwell-dead-quantum-leap-star-1234870413/

Only watched Quantum Leap, didn't realize what an expansive career he had.  Another reminder of the transient nature of this life and how the years are creeping up on all of us. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: Dean Stockwell Dies: ‘Quantum Leap’ Star Was 85
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 10:21:05 AM »
R.I.P., Dean.

Debatably, America's most prolific 'child-actor'... who became one of its most prolific character-actors.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Dean Stockwell Dies: ‘Quantum Leap’ Star Was 85
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 06:49:15 AM »
Best cylon ever.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! And I want to - I want to smell dark matter! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to - I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language! But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body! And why? Because my five creators thought that God wanted it that way!
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus