Author Topic: In a Test of Wills, McConnell Is Winning  (Read 400 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
In a Test of Wills, McConnell Is Winning
« on: September 20, 2021, 04:44:28 AM »
Well, lookie here. McConnell finally has grown a spine and more importantly, has actually managed to drag Susan Collins, the notorious Maine RINO, from her so-called "centrist" position on issues and has basically told Chuck Schumer the following:

"You made your bed - now lie in it. You're on your own, pal."

Now they'll assuredly go ahead and have dinner together at some swanky D.C. restaurant after the sound bites and speeches are temporarily done, but this business of the debt ceiling has been the 800 lb. gorilla in the room (and steadily gaining weight) for months now.

Historically, the Repubs have caved into pressure to raise the debt ceiling to keep D.C. flush with cash (at our expense, of course), but maybe Mitch reached down and discovered he actually does have a set of balls.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has been royally outclassed and outmaneuvered by McConnell at almost every turn. And in a 50-50 Senate, that matters.

McConnell is refusing to give the Democrats any help whatsoever in raising the debt ceiling to allow the massive $3.5 trillion Biden budget bill to pass. As it stands now, the Treasury Department will be unable to meet its obligations under the current debt ceiling sometime in October. The government is already on borrowed time as the department shifts funds to rob Peter and pay Paul to keep the lights on in Washington. Eventually, that strategy will fail and government receipts won’t be able to cover what the government has to pay out to social security recipients, Medicare providers, and others who need that government check.

Full disclosure - Mrs E and I both collect social security, but we learned a LONG time ago never to trust the government, especially the feds.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2021/09/18/in-a-test-of-wills-mcconnell-is-winning-on-debt-ceiling-bill-n1479729
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
Re: In a Test of Wills, McConnell Is Winning
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 10:40:36 AM »
While I admire McConnel's blocking Merrick Garland from the Supreme Court and that he stuck with all of Trump's nominees, I still don't trust him.

I hope he holds the line on this.  Just say "NO" and shut the democrats down.

Full disclosure: Mrs. Old Dog and I have some very limited savings but depend on Social Security.  We'll manage to survive if it helps save the Republic.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire