Author Topic: Well, Californians did their job!  (Read 1063 times)

Offline CC27

Well, Californians did their job!
« on: September 15, 2021, 07:54:06 AM »
imanamerican63 (10,757 posts)

They told Larry Elder and the Trump GOPers to go pound sand! A big hardy thank you goes out to those who rejected the GOPers’ attempt to steal bogus overthrow of a governorship! It won’t stop the GOPers from finding ways to destroy our democracy, but we stopped this from happening and must continue to be ready for anything else they might try!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215857252

Get off your high horse. It's California not Florida.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Well, Californians did their job!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 08:07:09 AM »
And how many Dominion vote tabulators did Gov. Nuisance need to make that little feat happen, DUmbshits?

#BallotBoxSubverted
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 08:36:46 AM »

They told Larry Elder and the Trump GOPers to go pound sand!

what the democrat party did was lose any credibility on their "white privilege" rantings by backing a failure of a man who has been given everything to him on a silver platter while portraying a black man who was raised modestly in South Central Los Angeles and worked his way to where he is today as a white supremacist.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 08:39:43 AM »
Meh. California doing California things. I just don't see this groundswell of support for Larry Elder or anything else republican there. Unfortunately, as long as democrats can keep their voters in stupefied fear of "Trumpism", they will be able to drive turnout in reliable blue areas.

Also, weird how this DU poster claims republicans tried to "steal" the governorship, as if it rightly belongs to democrats or something.  :lol: All republicans did was try to use a perfectly legal, legitimate means to oust a shitty governor.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 08:47:30 AM by ADsOutburst »

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 08:50:12 AM »
This isn't really all that surprising given that a huge chunk of California conservatives now count themselves Arkansas, tennessee, Texas or Kentucky conservatives.  California will eventually go so dark blue that it will be sucked into its own Marxist butt hole.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 10:23:44 AM »
In a way, I'm glad Elder didn't win. Let's face it: He couldn't have cleaned up the mess that is California--the homelessness, poop in the street, crime, etc. that are the result of decades of Dem incompetence. But, if he had won, he would have been held responsible for not fixing it. As it is, this is all on them.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 10:47:32 AM »
CA is a lost cause. I feel for the minority of good people who live there, but the majority evidently enjoys living in a Nanny State. They and/or their children will reap the evil they have sewn.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 11:14:23 AM »
This isn't really all that surprising given that a huge chunk of California conservatives now count themselves Arkansas, tennessee, Texas or Kentucky conservatives. ...

If I move out of CA, it will NOT be to Texas. I think too many morons there would see my CA license plates or hear my accent, ASSume I'm a CA-liberal, and give me @#$% for it. I don't need that kind of moronicity.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 11:34:57 AM »
California will eventually go so dark blue that it will be sucked into its own Marxist butt hole.

Ha! Ha! Good line!

A clever rendition of ...

The oozlum bird, a legendary creature that flies around in ever-decreasing circles until it manages to fly up its own ...

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 11:37:10 AM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 12:18:45 PM »
In a way, I'm glad Elder didn't win. Let's face it: He couldn't have cleaned up the mess that is California--the homelessness, poop in the street, crime, etc. that are the result of decades of Dem incompetence. But, if he had won, he would have been held responsible for not fixing it. As it is, this is all on them.

That is exactly my point - it would have been a good look to recall, but he couldn't have gotten squat done. The only real thing we could have gotten from that is the appointment of a replacement Senator, but I don't think that would have lasted long. California is critically, historically screwed by its own hand. That is why I recently moved away from there.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 12:20:12 PM »
If I move out of CA, it will NOT be to Texas. I think too many morons there would see my CA license plates or hear my accent, ASSume I'm a CA-liberal, and give me @#$% for it. I don't need that kind of moronicity.
Come to ky, we have cookies...and bourbon, and tobacco and pretty horses

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2021, 12:34:19 PM »
Come to ky, we have cookies...and bourbon, and tobacco and pretty horses

I'd munch on the cookies and admire the horses. Bourbon and tobacco are not to my tastes, so I wouldn't impact the supply of either.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 01:05:54 PM »

I highly doubt that would be the case. We have all sorts of people move to FL from NY, NJ, etc… and they have no desire to elect the type of whackos who ruined their own State. TX people are no different. That’s all you’d have to say: “I left CA because the libs there are crazy and I have no desire to impose that crime upon humanity on the people in this State.”

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2021, 01:30:05 PM »

I did not find that to be the case, and you can get new temp plates in a day anyway.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2021, 01:36:29 PM »
I highly doubt that would be the case. We have all sorts of people move to FL from NY, NJ, etc… and they have no desire to elect the type of whackos who ruined their own State. TX people are no different. That’s all you’d have to say: “I left CA because the libs there are crazy and I have no desire to impose that crime upon humanity on the people in this State.”

I based my comment on comments by Texans I've seen on multiple conservative discussion sites. Of all people, conservatives should realize than many of the business owners leaving California not only do so to avoid onerous regs, taxes, etc., but also do so with the recognition of and intent to avoid Progs' anti-business agenda. I've seen plenty of California-bashing from Texas conservatives who do not recognize that conservatives exist in California. Well, fine. They ASSume I am what I am not, so I won't consider moving to Texas. I don't need the crap, and I don't need to prove myself to anybody.

As for more thoughtful Texans, well, thank your less thoughtful neighbors. Their continuous conserva-purist virtue-signaling bore fruit.

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 03:15:05 PM »
I based my comment on comments by Texans I've seen on multiple conservative discussion sites. Of all people, conservatives should realize than many of the business owners leaving California not only do so to avoid onerous regs, taxes, etc., but also do so with the recognition of and intent to avoid Progs' anti-business agenda. I've seen plenty of California-bashing from Texas conservatives who do not recognize that conservatives exist in California. Well, fine. They ASSume I am what I am not, so I won't consider moving to Texas. I don't need the crap, and I don't need to prove myself to anybody.

As for more thoughtful Texans, well, thank your less thoughtful neighbors. Their continuous conserva-purist virtue-signaling bore fruit.
The argument isn't without merit. The California people will often move over and be great with most stuff... except for this one little detail... next thing you know they're at all the city council meetings demanding that open carry or something be abolished

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 05:04:49 PM »

They told Larry Elder businesses and the Trump GOPers working people to go pound sand!

FIFY

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2021, 06:16:50 PM »
Ha! Ha! Good line!

A clever rendition of ...

The oozlum bird, a legendary creature that flies around in ever-decreasing circles until it manages to fly up its own ...
Would you believe I hadn't heard of that before?many thanks for the cultural education

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2021, 08:47:43 PM »
Very Concerning Evidence of Vote Fraud in California Recall Election
https://townhall.com/columnists/johnrlottjr/2021/09/14/very-concerning-evidence-of-vote-fraud-in-california-recall-election-n2595826

“Absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud.” That quote isn’t from Republican gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder. It’s the conclusion of the bipartisan 2005 report of the Commission on Federal Election Reform, chaired by former President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James Baker III.

There is increasing evidence of vote fraud in the California recall election.

Torrance, California Police found 300 recall ballots and multiple California drivers licenses in a felon’s car.

In the San Fernando Valley, election officials are telling Republican voters that they have already voted. At one precinct in Woodland Hills, election officials were saying that the problem was occurring all morning.

Election officials say they are fixing these problems. In the Torrance case, voters whose ballots were found in the car will be sent new ones. In the San Fernando valley, provisional ballots will be issued to those who say they hadn’t already voted.

Some things to ponder.

Despite claims that voter IDs discriminate against the poor and least educated, the poor and least educated actually show the highest levels of support for IDs: 79% support among those who attended high school but didn’t graduate, and 78% among those earning less than $30,000 per year.

Even a plurality of Democrats (61%) and liberals (48%) support photo voter IDs. When pressed, forty-eight percent of those who answered that voter IDs were “not at all important” in fact reluctantly support them. The only groups that don’t support these identification rules are those who believe that preventing cheating in elections is “not very important” (23%) and those who are “unsure” of their level of education (28%).

People around the world share Americans’ concerns over voter fraud. No other country mails out ballots to all registered voters. Most don’t even allow absentee ballots.

Seventy-four percent of European countries entirely ban absentee voting for citizens who reside domestically. Another 21% require government issued photo IDs for absentee voting, and some of those countries limit it to those who are hospitalized or in the military (with third-party verification). These countries also don’t send absentee ballots in the mail, but instead require that they be collected.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2021, 09:15:07 PM »
CA is woke toast with no butter or spread.  Drier than a popcorn fart and foul as a left field left hanging foul...

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2021, 08:05:15 AM »

Very valid point.  Dems never admit fault to anything, and they likely would have ignored decades of their own damage to dump the blame on the republican guy.

Very Concerning Evidence of Vote Fraud in California Recall Election

Sandi Rios is on the radio on my way to work, and she has already been collecting stories from Californians who said they went to vote and were told they already had, multiple mail in ballots sent to addresses, some with the same names, some with different names and other curious events.  It's all anecdotal at this point of course, but the anecdotes are piling up fast.

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2021, 12:56:18 PM »

They voted for their best interests, crime, high taxes, brownouts, forest fires, poop and drug addicts, homeless camps etc. A regular liberal utopia! :thatsright: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They willingly bent over and stuffed it up their own asses.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2021, 01:42:20 PM »
No, I did not! I voted to recall and for Elder. Stop with the broad-broom "they"!!!

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2021, 01:30:52 PM »
No, I did not! I voted to recall and for Elder. Stop with the broad-broom "they"!!!

The majority voted for their best interests, crime, high taxes, brownouts, forest fires, poop and drug addicts, homeless camps etc. A regular liberal utopia! :thatsright: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The majority willingly bent over and stuffed it up their own asses.

Is that better?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2021, 04:24:47 PM »
I've gotten really tired of conservatives who should know better tarring all Californians as if we were robotic Progs, especially those from a certain state who have made it clear that Californians, regardless of real-life views, are unwelcome. I've seen it for years, here, on CU, on The Politics Forums, on The Briefing Room, and IIRC, on Republican Operative. It got old years ago.

Mocking DUpipo for viewing conservatives as monolithic automatons - "They're all alike" - works poorly when one does the same with different targets.