Author Topic: New Reporting Shows General Milley Committed Treason  (Read 841 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
New Reporting Shows General Milley Committed Treason
« on: September 14, 2021, 03:03:00 PM »
I think we all knew that Milley is a milquetoast, career-first-I'm-important turd in the punchbowl, but this story -- if it's true -- outshines anything else associated with said Milquetoast Asskisser First Class.

n a pair of secret phone calls, Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, assured his Chinese counterpart, Gen. Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army, that the United States would not strike, according to a new book by Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward and national political reporter Robert Costa.

One call took place on Oct. 30, 2020, four days before the election that unseated President Trump, and the other on Jan. 8, 2021.

“General Li, I want to assure you that the American government is stable and everything is going to be okay,” Milley told him. “We are not going to attack or conduct any kinetic operations against you.”

In the book’s account, Milley went so far as to pledge he would alert his counterpart in the event of a U.S. attack, stressing the rapport they’d established through a backchannel. “General Li, you and I have known each other for now five years. If we’re going to attack, I’m going to call you ahead of time. It’s not going to be a surprise.”

Believing that China could lash out if it felt at risk from an unpredictable and vengeful American president, Milley took action. The same day, he called the admiral overseeing the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, the military unit responsible for Asia and the Pacific region, and recommended postponing the military exercises, according to the book. The admiral complied.

Milley also summoned senior officers to review the procedures for launching nuclear weapons, saying the president alone could give the order — but, crucially, that he, Milley, also had to be involved. Looking each in the eye, Milley asked the officers to affirm that they had understood, the authors write, in what he considered an “oath.”

Townhall
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: New Reporting Shows General Milley Committed Treason
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 04:09:11 PM »
In the book’s account, Milley went so far as to pledge he would alert his counterpart in the event of a U.S. attack, stressing the rapport they’d established through a backchannel. “General Li, you and I have known each other for now five years. If we’re going to attack, I’m going to call you ahead of time. It’s not going to be a surprise.”

sounds vaguely similar to the dialogue between President Merkin Muffley and Russian Premier Dimitri Kissoff in the movie Dr Stangelove...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T2uBeiNXAo
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 05:01:59 PM »
This can not be allowed to go unchecked in America. There is no middle ground.  Either Woodward must be totally discredited or Milley totally discredited.  If true, firing or resignation is not enough.  There must be a Court Martial or trial for Treason. 

Anyone cutting slack for Milley, Democrat or Republican, can NEVER be trusted with public office again.

Congress needs to step up to the plate and have more than a yet another dog and pony show.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 05:50:44 PM »

Congress needs to step up to the plate and have more than a yet another dog and pony show.
I do not think we have that congress.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 07:18:26 PM »
I do not think we have that congress.

Completely agree. Lots of wind, zero action.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 07:30:48 PM »
Like I've said, a lot of people need to be put up against a wall.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 03:19:34 AM »

This needs to be a court martial. Congress would play no role except to politically pressure Biden to refer charges.

Failure to prosecute would obliterate good order and discipline throughout the ranks. The regime will lose its ability to control the most powerful military in human history.

However, I think Biden and his handlers lack the foresight to act in their own best interests because they refused to fire Milley over the Afghanistan debacle. They seem to think that they can just stall each scandal until something new comes along, because they have been allowed to get away with so much for so long; but each new thing is 1 more crack in the dam.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 03:44:16 AM »
Congress would play no role except to politically pressure Biden to refer charges.

Zackly. As Asterisk, as you pointed out, will not (yet) fire Milley, there is no federal entity left to pressure Asterisk to do anything but what he does currently with wild abandon -- threaten U.S. citizens, rule by fiat, and eat ice cream.

And as the above commentary laments, Congress is too busy with sound bites and playing with their collective peckers to do anything other than preen before the cameras.

In short, Milley walks -- for now. Maybe, after the 2022 elections (assuming that yet another election isn't rigged like 2020), the Repubs can get their shit together and stop playing grabass with idiots like Blinken.

But I doubt it.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 06:51:38 AM »
Now this is funny as hell.

Schlichter calls Vindman "LTC Bratwurst."  :rotf:

Title: Even Vindman Is Saying Gen. Milley Has to Go

Retired Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who was at the center of the second Trump impeachment effort, is calling on Milley to go.

“If this is true Gen. Milley must resign. He usurped civilian authority, broke the Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military. It’s an extremely dangerous precedent. You can’t simply walk away from that,” he tweeted.

Here we have LTC Bratwurst, who was determining what the Trump administration's foreign policy was or should be, calling on Milley to resign.

I think Vindman needs a little more Dijon mustard.  :lmao:

TownHall

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 06:17:42 PM »
Trump acting Defense Secretary Miller says he 'did not' authorize Milley China calls, says he should resign
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-acting-defense-sec-miller-says-he-did-not-authorize-milley-china-calls-says-he-should-resign

EXCLUSIVE: Former acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller, who led the Pentagon from the period after the 2020 election through Inauguration Day, said that he "did not and would not ever authorize" Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley to have "secret" calls with his Chinese counterpart, describing the allegations as a "disgraceful and unprecedented act of insubordination," and calling on him to resign "immediately."

In a statement to Fox News, Miller said that the United States Armed Forces, from its inception, has "operated under the inviolable principle of civilian control of the military."

"The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the highest-ranking military officer whose sole role is providing military-specific advice to the president, and by law is prohibited from exercising executive authority to command forces," Miller said. "The chain of command runs from the President to the Secretary of Defense, not through the Chairman."

Former acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller did not authorize Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley to call China.

And former chief of staff for the Department of Defense Kash Patel told Fox News that "the law governing the Joint Chiefs of Staff specifically forbids the chairman from exercising any operational command authority."

"Congress put this in the statute because the U.S. military is to be led by a civilian, the commander-in-chief," Patel continued. "Furthermore, by law, the national command authority goes from the president to the secretary of Defense to include anything relating troop deployments, operations in theaters of war, and nuclear command."

Patel added that if the calls with China are true, Milley "has violated the law regarding operational authority."

"Calling a foreign counterpart and discussing operational capabilities against that enemy is literally treasonous," Patel said. "The White House, nor the Office of the Secretary of Defense authorized the chairman to conduct any calls with Chinese officials regarding operations."

And deputy chief of staff to the Department of Defense Joe Francescon also told Fox News that it was "the policy at the time that there was no senior government engagement with China, owing to their bad acts and efforts."
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 06:23:00 PM »
Sen. Paul: Gen. Milley's calls to China could have sparked 'accidental nuclear war,' wants polygraph
https://justthenews.com/government/diplomacy/sen-paul-gen-milleys-calls-china-could-have-sparked-accidental-nuclear-war

Republican Sen. Rand Paul said Wednesday that Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Mark Milley "could have started an accidental nuclear war" if he indeed made unauthorized phone calls to China in the final weeks of the Trump presidency to assure Beijing that the U.S. would not attack the country.

The assertion that Milley made two such calls is reportedly included in an upcoming book titled "Peril" by Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

Milley, as President Trump's top military adviser, made several authorized calls between the time Trump was losing reelection in 2020 and after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, amid his reported concerns that the world was on edge over both matters and that Trump was in an unstable emotional state.

"If I were president, I would sit him down immediately and have him take a polygraph test and ask him, 'What did you say to the Chinese?'" Paul, a Kentucky lawmaker, said on the John Solomon Reports podcast.

Talk about insubordination. Military answers to the President, who is the Commander-In-Chief.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du