Author Topic: Had a COVID scare the past few days. Bouncy  (Read 421 times)

Offline CC27

Had a COVID scare the past few days. Bouncy
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:44:06 AM »
lagomorph777 (25,606 posts)

Had a COVID scare the past few days.

My wife and I are being pretty careful (me more than her). I'm vaxxed; she is very ill with many chronic problems and medical interventions have almost always made her even worse, so she is afraid to get the vaccine. She didn't like my side effects either (a few days of being very weak and feeling unwell). I do almost all shopping, masked and wearing a visor and gloves. She does the same on the rare occasions she ventures out.

She sent me for takeout food (only for her). Within 24 hours, she had scratchy throat, cough, mild fever. Took two home COVID tests 24 hours apart; both negative. I tested myself too.

These are antigen tests; they detect a surface protein from the virus. Got 'em at CVS for $23.99 for a box of two tests ( "Quick-Vue At-Home" ). Got results in 20 minutes.

She's still sick; will have to see a doctor today. But at least it appears not to be COVID.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215850116

You shop masked and wearing a visor and gloves? Demented.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Had a COVID scare the past few days. Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 10:24:23 AM »
lagomorph777 (25,606 posts)

Had a COVID scare the past few days.

My wife and I are being pretty careful (me more than her). I'm vaxxed; she is very ill with many chronic problems and medical interventions have almost always made her even worse, so she is afraid to get the vaccine. She didn't like my side effects either (a few days of being very weak and feeling unwell).

so then admit it.  Your wife is an anti vaxxer and by definition of an anti-vaxxer at the DUmp she therefore must be a Trumper, supporter of the 1/6 insurrection, and a murderer. And she obviously doesn't believe your demented Jesus when he says the vaccine is harmless and everyone must get it.

See DUmmy, you don't get it both ways.  Accusing the unvaccinated of being the devil incarnate while you make excuses why your loved ones do not get a vaccination.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 10:39:41 AM »
Star Member luvs2sing (1,661 posts)

1. There is something going around..

here in Columbus that is really bad, but it isn’t Covid. I have several friends who have been sick for weeks with something like bronchitis. They are all vaccinated and extremely careful and have had multiple negative Covid tests.

I hope she feels better soon!
Hmmm . . . The first U.S. cases of Covid were thought to be colds, or ordinary pneumonia, or bronchitis, or some other already-known thing. Whose to say this isn't another "gift" from China?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 11:28:02 AM »
so then admit it.  Your wife is an anti vaxxer and by definition of an anti-vaxxer at the DUmp she therefore must be a Trumper, supporter of the 1/6 insurrection, and a murderer. And she obviously doesn't believe your demented Jesus when he says the vaccine is harmless and everyone must get it.

See DUmmy, you don't get it both ways.  Accusing the unvaccinated of being the devil incarnate while you make excuses why your loved ones do not get a vaccination.

:hi5: earned and issued.

DUpipo refuse to differentiate among true RFK-Jr.-style anti-vaxxers, anti-Covid-vaxxers who have bought one or more of the anti-Covid-vax absurdities (microchips, magnetized injection site, DNA reprogramming, etc.), blacks who completely distrust the public health community (courtesy of the Tuskegee Experiment), vax-reluctants who are perplexed by an important decision in the face of pig crap from both sides, and people who should not receive the Covid vaccine or any other vaccine. To DUpipo, these people are all anti-vaxxers ... until it's one of their family or Faithful-Prog friends.

It may be a bit of a surprise to some here who haven't noticed, but whether here in the Cave or on the three other sites where I've participated in Covid vaccine discussions, I have never advised someone to get vaccinated. OTOH, I have on several occasions pointed out that there are people who should not receive the Covid vaccine or any other vaccine. As the safety info for the several Covid vaccines and the pre-vaccination screening questions warn, people who in the past have had allergic reactions to vaccinations should not receive any of the Covid vaccines.

Ignoring the Vax-Nazi--Anti-Covid-vax lightless heat, lagomorph777's wife's decision seems reasonable to me. It sounds like her general health might not sustain a particularly strong reaction to one of the vaccines. That said, it is her choice to make, not mine, and, ultimately, not lagomorph777's.

BTW, early Covid symptoms are pretty non-specific, similar to a cold, a flu, an allergy, or even smoky crud in the air (BTDT, got that T-shirt). It's worth considering investing in a $25 2-pack 15-20 minute dipstick (antigen) test. I think there are several brands available at many drugstores, maybe even at some supermarkets with pharmacy sections.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:30:59 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 11:29:12 AM »
Hmmm . . . The first U.S. cases of Covid were thought to be colds, or ordinary pneumonia, or bronchitis, or some other already-known thing. Whose to say this isn't another "gift" from China?

My mother, brother, and I all had a mystery illness in early/mid-February 2020. In late January, a friend had told me "something nasty" was going around. I felt congestion, chills, and fatigue, but the worst symptoms were weirdly short-lived. Maybe not even a full 24 hours. I had some post-nasal drip for a couple weeks afterward. My brother said it was like a weird cold/flu hybrid, and he experienced some trouble breathing.