Author Topic: Remember the concern about showing your health insurance. Mineralman  (Read 324 times)

Offline CC27

MineralMan (139,172 posts)

Remember the concern about showing your health insurance

card when getting the COVID-19 vaccination? Some people didn't understand why they had to do that. "I thought it was free," they said. I understood fully when I went for my annual physical a couple of weeks after getting the second vaccination. My Medicare Advantage plan had reported my vaccination directly to my clinic and doctor. As soon as he came into the exam room he said, "I see you got your Covid shots! Excellent."

It was all in my health care records. The vaccination center reported it to my insurance company, which knows who my primary care physician and clinic are.

It wasn't about who pays. It was about medical records. Sometimes it's good when healthcare information is shared.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215842015

OK................................

Offline SVPete

Re: Remember the concern about showing your health insurance. Mineralman
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 04:59:13 PM »
1. I didn't have to show my insurance card, but was asked to show my CDL (you know, picture ID).

2. While the state does have a vaccinations DB accessible by healthcare providers, the vaccination info is communicated by the Pharmacy (or etc.) that administered the vaccination, not one's insurance company.

3. How does MineralOilMan not know this?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 05:00:13 PM »
I remember when Obama, his whacky Surgeon General, and the CEO of General Electric wanted a list of our guns to be a part of our medical-records... amidst a push to declare 'gun violence' as a 'health risk'.

So no, MM.  Sharing our healthcare-information is NEVER a good thing.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 05:07:57 PM »
Once again, these individuals have no problem being totalitarians or handing their private info over to other totalitarians. Further evidence that liberalism is a mental disease.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.