Author Topic: POLL: Who do you trust?  (Read 662 times)

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
POLL: Who do you trust?
« on: September 09, 2021, 05:08:35 PM »
The question boils down to: Are they the real deal or just a red meat slinger?

Vote for as many as you want.  Change your vote if circumstances warrant it.  All comments welcome.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: POLL: Who do you trust?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 05:33:12 PM »
Hot damn.  I actually know who all of these people are.  Every single one.

My unnamed one is the other senator from Nebraska, Deborah Fisher (R), who coincidentally is kind of a near neighbor of dutch508 way out in the Sandhills, north central-west Nebraska.  Nobody hears much about her because she's a very modest person.....but with an impeccable voting record.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 06:37:27 PM »
I, as usual, am not hesitant to wear my heart on my sleeve ...

And chose the first 3 on the list!

And am somewhat  curious to know why you put them at the top of the list.   
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 06:40:53 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 06:45:39 PM »
In a way, I'm kinda holding my nose when I'm picking the five I selected in the list, and thought to add Sen. John Boozman (R-AR).

Both Cotton and Boozman have been reasonably responsive to my emails and while most of them are full of the usual fluff, trying hard to ride the middle, I give 'em props for responding.

French Hill, my so-called congresscritter, hasn't bothered to even answer the emails I've sent him. He's a banker by trade, so he doesn't know shit about anything and stays under the radar as much as possible. Whoever runs against him next year gets my vote.

But more to the point -- I have a natural loathing and disgust for professional politicians wherever they might be. If they've been around as long as McConnell, Schumer, Pelousy, Graham, and especially Grassley and Feinstein, that tells me they're addicted to power long after they should be enjoying their remaining years with their families.

But I could consider two of these people "trustworthy" enough to unreservedly check off the box -- DJT and DeSantis. Trump isn't a professional politician -- even now -- and that's what pisses off the elite class. DeSantis does his homework and makes rational, calm, level-headed decisions. Cotton's doing well, but he's headed for professional politician status and possibly will run for Prez one day. So I'm leery of him, just as I'm leery of Jordan and Cruz. Lots of talk, very little action.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 07:03:59 PM »

But I could consider two of these people "trustworthy" enough to unreservedly check off the box -- DJT and DeSantis. Trump isn't a professional politician -- even now -- and that's what pisses off the elite class. DeSantis does his homework and makes rational, calm, level-headed decisions.

So happy to see that Eupher ... :blowkiss:

Once more wearing my heart on my sleeve!   :-)   And  :cheersmate:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:08:03 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 07:39:08 PM »
In a way, I'm kinda holding my nose when I'm picking the five I selected in the list, and thought to add Sen. John Boozman (R-AR).

Both Cotton and Boozman have been reasonably responsive to my emails and while most of them are full of the usual fluff, trying hard to ride the middle, I give 'em props for responding.

French Hill, my so-called congresscritter, hasn't bothered to even answer the emails I've sent him. He's a banker by trade, so he doesn't know shit about anything and stays under the radar as much as possible. Whoever runs against him next year gets my vote.

But more to the point -- I have a natural loathing and disgust for professional politicians wherever they might be. If they've been around as long as McConnell, Schumer, Pelousy, Graham, and especially Grassley and Feinstein, that tells me they're addicted to power long after they should be enjoying their remaining years with their families.

But I could consider two of these people "trustworthy" enough to unreservedly check off the box -- DJT and DeSantis. Trump isn't a professional politician -- even now -- and that's what pisses off the elite class. DeSantis does his homework and makes rational, calm, level-headed decisions. Cotton's doing well, but he's headed for professional politician status and possibly will run for Prez one day. So I'm leery of him, just as I'm leery of Jordan and Cruz. Lots of talk, very little action.

I've been quite fond of Senator Joni Ernst, who was not included on the list.

As you mentioned, President Trump doesn't talk or act like a traditional politician which I completely enjoy.

Cotton/Jim Jordan/Cruz/Josh Hawley are certainly worth mentioning.  There are several dozen who not only talk the talk but...you know the thing.

If the Republican party gets control of Congress back next year, the actual action will certainly begin.  They are hamstrung by the left for the time being.  So I can give them a bit of a pass for the next year.  If they end up being all hat and no cattle, I'll certainly change my tune.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 07:45:18 PM »
The only politician I will ever trust again willl be a dead one.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 11:12:10 PM »
The only politician I will ever trust again willl be a dead one.

Agreed. I go by the saying "Never put your trust or faith in any politician. You'll only end up betrayed and disapointed".
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe