Author Topic: law enforcement needs to take upcoming right-wing rally in DC 'very seriously'  (Read 357 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member hookaleft (696 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215829702

Ex-FBI official says law enforcement needs to take upcoming right-wing rally in DC 'very seriously'

Washington (CNN)Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe said Monday evening that law enforcement needs to take the upcoming right-wing rally in support of jailed January 6 rioters "very seriously" as concerns mount about more potential violence on Capitol Hill.

"I think they should take it very seriously. In fact, they should take it more seriously than they took the same sort of intelligence that they likely saw on January 5," McCabe, a CNN contributor, told CNN's Poppy Harlow on "Erin Burnett OutFront."

Law enforcement members in Washington are steeling themselves against possible unrest at the "Justice for J6" rally -- planned for September 18 -- which aims to support the insurrectionists charged in the riot.

The event, organized by a former Trump campaign staffer, has prompted security concerns on Capitol Hill, and some precautionary measures will be in place. However, it's unclear how many protesters plan to attend. The rally is also taking place on a Saturday, when the House will be on recess, so far fewer lawmakers or staff will be around.

*snip*

:yawn:

Star Member Hekate (70,964 posts)

1. I would feel better if someone would just TELL us that they are planning heavy-duty security

This is dangerous as hell.

WestIndianArchie (292 posts)

2. Why are we talking about this?

Every person involved should be rounded up and arrested under the military commissions' act. The government knows who these people are. How can you make a statement like this as the Director of the FBI and not have the intelligence info?

:whatever:

Star Member uponit7771 (78,769 posts)

4. THIS !!! I heard someone take about Biden will be out around that date. Scared the crap out of me

Star Member notinkansas (779 posts)

8. The police need to be armed this time.

Hopefully this event will just be a bunch of people making a lot of nonsensical noise and there will be no need for arms, but they need to have them in the event things get ugly. The police can't be set up to be targets again.

Evolve Dammit (6,784 posts)

10. I don't wish for blood but have zero sympathy for the seditionists. And yes, LE better be ready. nt

:bs:

The Unmitigated Gall (328 posts)

11. No ******* excuses this time.

Give those ****ers a taste of rubber bullets fired directly into their numbers instead of off the pavement.

And be prepared to go to automatic weapons at a moment’s notice.

:thatsright:

haele (10,367 posts)

12. One of my concerns is that they may try to storm the jail to "free the prisoners".

Another is that they will be planting explosives to create general destruction around the Mall and DC - not just the Capitol, but the White House, Library of Congress, Smithsonian complex, Supreme Court, Agency buildings...
It's a Saturday, so many places will be minimally occupied, but there's still a lot of damage crazy dirt bags can do.
These spoiled brats think of themselves as "Patriots", but they're far more stupid than the average Vandal.

Haele

:mental:

Star Member randr (11,315 posts)

15. Get ready to ship some shit to Gitmo

Best place I can think of to hold the assholes for trial

:bird:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

The little fascists are all for suppressing their opposition's first amendment rights and presume them to be guilty without any crime committed
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

Antifa and the Dems are already hiring their false flag operators to cause violence.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Ahhh, the DUmbasses never disappoint when it comes to their hatred and intolerance of those that disagree with their warped way of thinking. And also their favoritism of violating the 1st Amendment rights of freedom of speech and to peaceably assemble of those same people.

Rights for thee but no for me, eh DUmbass?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 02:34:01 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
We’ve learned. We’re going to be carrying BLM and Antifa banners this time.

Problem solved.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen