Author Topic: Oklahoma hospitals deluged by ivermectin overdoses, doctor says  (Read 956 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Oklahoma hospitals deluged by ivermectin overdoses, doctor says
« on: September 06, 2021, 10:01:34 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215821819

Fake but true. DUmmies eat up another fake news story because they want to believe it, then refuse to turn it loose when proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be false.

Saturday
Star Member Jilly_in_VA
Oklahoma hospitals deluged by ivermectin overdoses, doctor says

An Oklahoma doctor has said overdoses of the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin, which many believe without evidence can prevent or cure Covid-19, are helping cause delays and problems for rural hospitals and ambulance services struggling to cope with the resurgent pandemic.

Ivermectin is used to kill internal and external parasites in livestock animals and, in smaller doses, in humans.

“There’s a reason you have to have a doctor to get a prescription for this stuff, because it can be dangerous,” Dr Jason McElyea told KFOR, an Oklahoma TV station.

“The [emergency rooms] are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/04/oklahoma-doctor-ivermectin-covid-coronavirus

Fun thread

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Oklahoma hospitals deluged by ivermectin overdoses, doctor says
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 10:19:51 AM »
BFaggins is desperately trying to talk sense into them, but they refuse.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 10:31:20 AM »
That kcr primitive is a piece of work. It's a perfect example of how simpleminded the left is that they must believe what the overall narrative tells them to believe. As they phrase it towards others, the kcr primitive is just being a good little German.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 11:18:31 AM »
It may not have been widely known on Saturday when this DU thread was posted (and maybe the hospital had not yet responded to the falsehood, https://pjmedia.com/uncategorized/megan-fox/2021/09/05/rolling-stone-caught-peddling-fake-news-about-non-existent-ivermectin-overdoses-but-hasnt-even-corrected-the-headline-n1476231 ), but the hospital has issued a public statement that this doctor does not work for them, has not done contract work for them in months, and are not swamped with ivermectin OD cases. It was only late last night, in the 10th reply, that dixiegrrrrl posted that the story was false.

Predictably, DU-folk seem determined to take a long swim in the proverbial Egyptian River, :rotf:  :tongue: .
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 11:20:43 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 11:55:13 AM »
Star Member kcr (14,759 posts)
46. If you're carrying their water, it doesn't matter

All evidence clearly points to ivermectin use having a significant impact, particularly in Oklahoma. One shitty Rolling Stone article with a deceptive headline quoting a legit doctor out of context doesn't change any of that.

Fake but accurate.  Too good to check.

Star Member womanofthehills (5,893 posts)
43. Check out the photo in the Rolling Stone piece

The “ supposed gunshot victims” waiting in line are all in winter clothing with their hands in their pockets to keep warm. The photo was actually taken in January - a line for Covid shots.
LOL Doesn't matter to these fools.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 12:00:12 PM »

The “ supposed gunshot victims” waiting in line are all in winter clothing with their hands in their pockets to keep warm. The photo was actually taken in January - a line for Covid shots.

That tells you everything you need to know about what Rolling Stone thinks of their readership.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 03:58:20 PM »
And meanwhile former president Trump is forming a squadron of hundreds of flying pigs to fly over the white house and crap on the lawn. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 04:22:47 PM »

That tells you everything you need to know about what Rolling Stone thinks of their readership.

Judging by the representative sampling at the DUmp, are they mistaken?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 04:31:59 PM »
And meanwhile former president Trump is forming a squadron of hundreds of flying pigs to fly over the white house and crap on the lawn. :thatsright:

At least that will keep Valerie Jarrett from showing up on the People's Doorstep anytime afterward.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2021, 04:32:57 PM »

Judging by the representative sampling at the DUmp, are they mistaken?

I’m 99.9% sure womanofthehills is unvaccinated. Watch the threads about vaccinations and she’s the one who points out the negatives of vaccination.

Damn shame she can’t admit it on such a ‘liberal’ board, huh?  I’ll guarantee if she admitted it, they’d ban her.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 10:04:08 AM »
Okay DU, lemme understand it...

Invectin wins the Nobel Prize in 2015 for its broadscale, multi-faceted effect against tropical diseases.

or does the Nobel Research-Committee award Prizes for a horse-dewormer.  Which is it?

Hint...  Humans needing help against infectious, 'neglected' diseases was the prime scientific motivation for the discovery.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 10:16:01 AM »
womanofthehills (5,895 posts)

Come on, DUmmies.  This is ALL OVER the internet.  Your clinging to it is making you look extra retarded. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 11:15:07 AM »
A wrinkle to the story, but not one that will satisfy DU Anti-Ivers:

The media is struggling with ivermectin stories (Update)

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/09/06/the-media-is-struggling-with-ivermectin-stories-n414046

At first glance it definitely appears that what Dr. McElyea claimed to be the case wasn’t actually happening. However, there is a wrinkle here which is worth mentioning. I verified that Stephanie Six is a real person and is an administrator at NHS-Sequoyah as you can see here. Also, Dr. McElyea has worked at this hospital in the past. The wrinkle is that the original report about this never said where this was happening.

Although Dr. McElyea never specified a hospital by name he did say that it was something he’d seen himself. So presumably this is happening at a hospital where he has worked. The other hospital where he apparently works is Integris Grove Hospital. I made a call to Integris and left a message for someone there to see if they had any comment about the claim that people with ivermectin side-effects were clogging up their ER. I haven’t heard back yet. All of that to say, it’s still possible there is some truth to this story and that still needs to be ruled out. If I get a response I’ll add it below.
Update: Integris Grove Hospital just got back to me with a statement. The person I spoke with told me they’d received a lot of requests for comment about Dr. McElyea’s statements.

Jason McElyea, D.O., is an employee of an agency that staffs many emergency departments throughout the United States. He has privileges at INTEGRIS Grove Hospital. He also works in several other emergency departments in rural Oklahoma.

There is a lot of media attention surrounding remarks reportedly made by Dr. McElyea. While we do not speak on his behalf, he has publicly said his comments were misconstrued and taken out of context.

What we can confirm is that we have seen a handful of ivermectin patients in our emergency rooms, to include INTEGRIS Grove Hospital. And while our hospitals are not filled with people who have taken ivermectin, such patients are adding to the congestion already caused by COVID-19 and other emergencies.

A little farther down the update to the Hot Air article, it appears that either McElyea is starting to weasel his original claim, or Rolling Stone mag significantly misrepresented what McElyea said. Either way, OK ERs are not overflowing with ivermectin OD patients, contrary to DUmmie wishing and hoping ( :-) ).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 11:44:21 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »
I saw the initial posts floating around last week.  First thoughts were that rural hospitals don't take much to be over run, so while the claim seemed unlikely, it wasn't impossible.  Poked around a bit and found Sequoyah is a town of 8000 with two hospitals.  Nothing found quickly about stats of ER visits.  Also found nothing locally about gunshot victims in the area.  There are occasional shootings in OK, usually hunting accidents or "hold my beer" moments, with some hot tempers sprinkled on top.  Not a super common events.

This all struck me as a bit odd, but, having a real life, didn't get to do any further follow up.  Later in the weekend, the RS starts circulating, getting moonbats all fired up.  Then, I believe it was Sunday that the Sequoyah hospital posting that Dr. McElyea hadn't been there in months, and they were not backed up for any reason.

There is a lot of media attention surrounding remarks reportedly made by Dr. McElyea. While we do not speak on his behalf, he has publicly said his comments were misconstrued and taken out of context.

https://kfor.com/on-air/seen-on-tv/more-of-dr-mcelyeas-interview-with-kfor/  His whole spiel.  Downloaded before memory holed.  There's no out context or misconstruing.  He said exactly what he was quoted as saying, and the left on this local news station took it and ran, social media took it and ran, and RS, Rachel Maddow, and other supposed journalists ran with it, without getting off their butts to verify anything, and as the old saying goes, a lie goes round the world before the truth gets it shoes on.  This doctor needs to be punished, possibly by losing his license for lying publicly like this, RS needs to be punished for being idiots and not practicing anything remotely close to journalism, just feeding more panic and false information because it fits the narrative they are pushing, and all the moonbats who fell for this need the taste slapped out of their mouths for being gullible idiots. 

None of that will happen, sadly, but the false information will be parroted by useful idiots somewhere until doomsday. 

I want to know why this doctor went on the air with this fertilizer.  He is the source, what was his purpose?  Who paid him to go lie to people like this?  On the off chance he really did see any of this garbage, where was it so someone can go verify his claims. 

The story is a microcosm of so much of what is wrong with our society today.  A little BS doesn't just get spread around a town, and maybe make it to another town or state slowly as people move and turn into urban legends.  If it feeds someone's agenda, it is spread and magnified a billion times over without any questions within hours.  Even when proven inaccurate, or flat out false, large portions of the people who fell for it won't see that it's false, because their sources won't admit the messed up, or will bury the correction in some tiny footnote somewhere, while the falsehood is still on big banners.

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2021, 01:26:24 PM »
It's all such a shame that the media are stuck trying to create stories since they don't have Trump to lie about.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 06:48:30 PM »
It's all such a shame that the media are stuck trying to create stories since they don't have Trump to lie about.

They have had plenty of practice with fake hate crimes.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 07:45:09 PM »
Here's the picture womanofthehills pointed out, from RS' Tweet:

The first clue, even before noticing that the people were bundled up as if for cold weather, is that all these supposed GSW patients are STANDING, and not dripping blood.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2021, 08:52:17 AM »
LOL. Yet again, Rachel Maddow has egg on her face. Just picking up where she left off, just after she escaped a lawsuit using the "no one would ever believe I'm a real journalist" defense.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2021, 09:23:55 AM »
Apparently, the chain of propagation was: lying politically-motivated doctor >>>> local TV news reporter(s) who found his claim too good to factcheck >>>> Rolling Stone mag which never factchecks "perfect" gotcha-stories >>>> AP and multiple MSM skews outlets which never factcheck "perfect" gotcha-stories.

Any decent reporter (an endangered species, more likely to be assaulted by the EPA than protected!) could have dialed up the hospitals in the lying politically-motivated doctor's area and learned the truth, but the "reporters" at every "news" outlet in that chain of propagation wanted lying politically-motivated doctor's lie to be true, and none took the 5-30 minutes to call a few hospitals.

Rolling Stone has a well-established history of not factchecking "perfect" gotcha-stories:

Like a Rolling Stone

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-tuesday/like-a-rolling-stone/

I once taught a whole college seminar on how Rolling Stone got took.

And now Rolling Stone has done it again. Maybe I’ll expand that seminar to a full semester — because the lessons of the journalistic crimes of Rolling Stone are applicable to much more than Rolling Stone.

The venerable pop-music magazine, which not long ago had to retract a splashy story about a vicious gang rape that never happened, has now been obliged to issue a correction — this should be a prelude to retraction — for a story about how gunshot victims wheeled into hospitals in rural Oklahoma are being left to bleed and groan in agony because the emergency rooms are overrun by cases of ivermectin poisoning. As with the infamous rape case, this is a culturally electric event that . . . did not actually happen: “Rolling Stone,” the correction reads, “has been unable to independently verify any such cases as of the time of this update.” There is a reason Rolling Stone has been unable to independently identify any such cases: There are no such cases.
The story turns out to have been based on the claims of one doctor — claims that Rolling Stone never checked. Why? Because the story is about (1) ivermectin, and, more important, (2) Oklahoma.
In 2015, I taught a journalism seminar at Hillsdale College, the subject of which was Sabrina Erdely’s 2014 Rolling Stone article, “A Rape on Campus,” which related the story of a horrifying, brutal sexual assault at the University of Virginia, a crime that — and this part still matters! — did not happen. The story was a fantasy, a concoction, and a libel — and Rolling Stone’s report was, in the words of Erik Wemple at the Washington Post, a “complete crock.”
These things follow a pattern: When Lena Dunham made up a story about being raped while a student at Oberlin, her fictitious villain was not a member of the chess team or the president of the campus Sierra Club chapter but a swaggering College Republican; when North Carolina Central University student Crystal Mangum made up a story about being gang-raped, the malefactors were the Duke lacrosse team; the UVA hoax author, Jackie Coakley, falsely claimed that she was gang-raped by members of the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity as part of an initiation ritual. When feminist activist Judy Munro-Leighton made up a story about being raped, she chose as her assailant Brett Kavanaugh, who was at the time a Supreme Court nominee in confirmation hearings. Jussie Smollett alleged that he was assaulted in the wee hours by . . . weirdly bitey Trump-loving Empire fans who just happened to have a length of rope and a quantity of bleach on their persons as they roamed the freezing streets of Chicago on an early January morning.
The Rolling Stone story got picked apart in about five minutes as soon as it encountered the lightest skepticism. The Duke lacrosse story required a criminal investigation. Lena Dunham’s made-up story fell apart as soon as one curious reporter — in this case, me — spent five minutes on Google and made one telephone call. That wasn’t exactly hardcore investigative journalism, and I don’t write that to be modest: The students I taught at Hillsdale were undergraduates, not professional magazine editors, but they were able to see the problems with Rolling Stone’s reporting and its agenda-driven narrative pretty easily. Which is to say: These stories don’t get published because nobody knows how to prevent that from happening — these stories get published because nobody cares, because these stories serve the purposes of a particular narrow cultural agenda and flatter the prejudices of a particular narrow set of educated and generally affluent American professionals.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 12:19:50 PM by SVPete »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2021, 04:55:04 PM »
Apparently, the chain of propagation was: lying politically-motivated doctor >>>> local TV news reporter(s) who found his claim too good to factcheck >>>> Rolling Stone mag which never factchecks "perfect" gotcha-stories >>>> AP and multiple MSM skews outlets which never factcheck "perfect" gotcha-stories.

Any decent reporter (an endangered species, more likely to be assaulted by the EPA than protected!) could have dialed up the hospitals in the lying politically-motivated doctor's area and learned the truth, but the "reporters" at every "news" outlet in that chain of propagation wanted lying politically-motivated doctor's lie to be true, and none took the 5-30 minutes to call a few hospitals.

Rolling Stone has a well-established history of not factchecking "perfect" gotcha-stories:

Like a Rolling Stone

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-tuesday/like-a-rolling-stone/

Fantastic article that should be shared far and wide!

KC

*Stolen