Author Topic: What about this hostage situation  (Read 761 times)

Offline Delmar

What about this hostage situation
« on: September 05, 2021, 07:48:34 PM »
Sun Sep 5, 2021, 07:24 PM
Star Member doc03 (28,318 posts)

What about this hostage situation

GOP Rep McCaul is claiming on Fox? I see no threads on it.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215825243

Americans being held in Afghanistan against their will--just like President Trump warned would happen.

Response to doc03 (Original post)Sun Sep 5, 2021, 07:26 PM
Star Member Treefrog (2,932 posts)
2. I don't watch Fox. Ever.

So, no idea.
Response to doc03 (Original post)Sun Sep 5, 2021, 07:27 PM
VarryOn (1,654 posts)
3. I've been looking for other sources...

And haven't found any. So, not sure what to believe.
Wait for Rachael or Joy or Sleepy Joe himself to tell you what to believe.

Response to doc03 (Original post)Sun Sep 5, 2021, 07:30 PM
WarGamer (2,479 posts)
7. I wouldn't use the word "hostage"

Apparently the Taliban isn't allowing 6 planes of evacuees, including Americans to leave Kabul Airport without some American compensation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/09/05/top-house-republican-says-taliban-holding-6-planes-with-americans-afghans-hostage/?sh=2b9b64732de9
What the hell else would you call it?

Response to WarGamer (Reply #7)Sun Sep 5, 2021, 07:31 PM
Star Member doc03 (28,318 posts)
8. I was afraid something like this would happen. Hope

it's just b.s.. Hostage is what he claims.
Looks like it's happening.

Response to doc03 (Reply #8)Sun Sep 5, 2021, 07:33 PM
WarGamer (2,479 posts)
9. This was predictable and probably not politically damaging.

But if AQ or IS-K gets their hands on Americans and hurts them... it'll be bad.

The current situation can be resolved by Biden threatening the Afghan/Taliban Gov't finances...
It was predictable and nobody could've seen it coming--both at the same time.  We've heard those excuses before.

A political problem--that's all this is to the primitives...or any democrat, for that matter.  Just throw money at them and they'll go away.  I doubt it.

Response to Treefrog (Reply #10)Sun Sep 5, 2021, 07:35 PM
WarGamer (2,479 posts)
11. I have confidence that the President and his team are already on it.
I'll end this thread with that quote.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: What about this hostage situation
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 08:08:50 PM »
WarGamer (2,479 posts)

Well, according to soon to be recalled governor newscum, bidunce is coming to California to campaign for his sorry ass, so what exactly is his team on? https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2021/09/02/newsom-biden-still-coming-to-california-to-fight-recall-1390690
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 10:07:23 PM »
WarGamer (2,479 posts)
7. I wouldn't use the word "hostage"

Apparently the Taliban isn't allowing 6 planes of evacuees, including Americans to leave Kabul Airport without some American compensation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/09/05/top-house-republican-says-taliban-holding-6-planes-with-americans-afghans-hostage/?sh=2b9b64732de9

In simpler plainer words, they are being held hostage for ransom.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 06:34:10 AM »
Even worse is 'double-layer' of critical-mass for the hostages, if the Taliban are leveraging them for a UN-handout. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 07:53:18 AM »
In Carter's Iran Hostage Crisis, Iran held "only" 52 hostages. The Talibanders may have more than 1,000 in those 6 planes, and there may be others they haven't yet discovered and exploited. LIEden may think his Kabul Kluster-F is over, but he may be about to learn otherwise. Iran held their hostages until Reagan was elected, who they knew would handle the situation differently (do at least some DUmmies believe GHWB flew in an SR-71 to Paris to get Iran to hold the hostages until Carter was out of office? :rotf: ). If the Talibanders decide to go full Tehran on LIEden ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 08:51:32 AM »
"What's this 'hostage situation'? Our left-wing news sources aren't talking about it."

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 09:23:25 AM »
"What's this 'hostage situation'? Our left-wing news sources aren't talking about it."

I wonder how long the MSM thinks they can ignore it. 

Without ever watching them, I've noticed their outtake-clips are featuring more obscure pundits from more obscure 'colleges and policy-foundations.  Biden still has over 3 1/3rd years to go.  By then the MSM will be interviewing potted-plants.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 09:43:46 AM »
We have a government that implored citizens to go to a hostile foreign country in an effort to nation build it had been told was doomed from the beginning, then abandon those citizens to be held for ransom, imprisoned, and perhaps raped, tortured, and beheaded; and now seeks to conceal that fact with a complicit media just to protect its standing in political polls.

Make no mistake, we are being ruled over by an adversary that will murder your family in your home.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 10:05:57 AM »

Make no mistake, we are being ruled over by an adversary that will murder your family in your home.

And they will happily use a minor biological attack from China to do justify it.

:tinfoil2:  I am beginning to believe the CTs that consider Democrat/China collusion regarding the WuFlu as a means to oust Trump and to allow leftist governments take control in many countries. :tinfoil2:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2021, 10:21:32 AM »
And they will happily use a minor biological attack from China to do justify it.

:tinfoil2:  I am beginning to believe the CTs that consider Democrat/China collusion regarding the WuFlu as a means to oust Trump and to allow leftist governments take control in many countries. :tinfoil2:

Deliberately released? No.

Ruthlessly exploited? Abso-****ing-lutely
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2021, 10:35:19 AM »
Deliberately released? No.

Ruthlessly exploited? Abso-****ing-lutely

China has had too many "accidental" releases for me to believe any thing they say. Still, the Democrats have aided and abetted them during this time.  Biden's actions in Afghanistan benefited China more than the Afghan people.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2021, 12:18:04 PM »
WarGamer (2,479 posts)

Ummm, DUmbass? Gropey Joe and his team of minions is what put those people on those aircraft and the rest of Afghanistan in the situation they're in in the first place. You mouth breathing, oxygen thieving wastes of skin at the DUmp are just too blind, stupid and lacking in common decency to see this fact.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2021, 03:56:22 PM »
They are called collateral damage. But don't worry we have 10's of thousands of afgan refugees coming along with all the other refugees streaming across the southern border so we won't miss them.

I hope all involved in this debacle die a slow and painful death. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »
I hope all involved in responsible for this debacle die a slow and painful death.

Made a small correction. It's the people who caused this and their supporters, not the ones caught up in the chaos of this, that deserve the slow and painful death.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe