Author Topic: Who Wants To See Carbon Taxes Imposed Worldwide?  (Read 1005 times)

Offline CC27

Who Wants To See Carbon Taxes Imposed Worldwide?
« on: September 03, 2021, 07:44:27 AM »
DanieRains (3,410 posts)

To reduce the coming destruction?

Thoughts?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215816534

Wasn't there a hurricane in 1900 that crippled Galveston that was worse then Ida....... ITS CALLED WEATHER!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Who Wants To See Carbon Taxes Imposed Worldwide?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 09:40:31 AM »
Wasn't there a hurricane in 1900 that crippled Galveston that was worse then Ida....... ITS CALLED WEATHER!

Meteorological records only date to the late 1800's.  A lot of strange weather has happened before that time, but since climate change conspiracy enthusiasts can't account for such anomalies, they just rely as usual on a lazy argument which agrees with their moonbat position.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 10:06:34 AM »
DanieRains (3,410 posts)

Thoughts?

my first thought is you are an idiot

followed by the sneaking suspicion that you want everyone to pay these sham taxes except for you while you don't have the common sense to realize that any carbon tax levied against a business or corporation will trickle down into the cost of the goods or services that these corporations provide which means you will ultimately be the one paying these bullshit taxes, not the "evil" corporations.

My next thought is how do you assess these taxes?  On any entity that emits CO2?  Thinking back to your 5th grade science class do you recall that every breath you exhale emits CO2 into the atmosphere therefore you should be as liable for a carbon tax as any large "evil" corporation

Another thought is where are these ill gotten tax dollars going to be spent?  Are they going to produce giant carbon scrubbers to rid the world of all the carbon running around with nothing to do but create hurricanes or do you feel they should be spend on bullshit equity programs?

My final thought is should this tax be levied on all carbon producers world wide, or just those in the United States?  Compared to the rest of the world, our carbon footprint is rather small and insignificant when you put us up next to a country like china...

...and while on the subject of china, I do feel that there should be a pandemic tax levied against any country that knowingly or carelessly releases a biological hazard that kills millions of people, interferes with a nations political election systems and/or cripples world economies ... To reduce the coming destruction" :fuelfire:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 01:36:36 PM »
Show me where current carbon taxes are doing ANYTHING other than redistributing our "wealth" to shit hole countries. 
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 02:18:20 PM »
Meteorological records only date to the late 1800's.  A lot of strange weather has happened before that time, but since climate change conspiracy enthusiasts can't account for such anomalies, they just rely as usual on a lazy argument which agrees with their moonbat position.

The song Oh! Susanna was written by Stephen Foster, an early proponent of whacky global warming and abrupt climate change theories.

The song contains contradictory lines such as "It rain'd all night the day I left, The weather it was dry, The sun so hot I froze to death...", which have been described as "nonsense".[3] It is one of the songs by Foster that use the word "******" (others are "Old Uncle Ned" and "Oh! Lemuel", both also among Foster's early works), which appears in the second verse ("De lectric fluid magnified, And killed five hundred ******.").
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh!_Susanna

A hundred years ago they called it nonsense--now it's mainstream.

Northeastern anti-abolitionist racist democrat whack-job.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 02:34:49 PM »

Or they ignore the past. There was a 2 year drought in Ca. in the late 1800's where it did not rain for two seasons. The Yuba River dried up, and most of the cattle in the state died because of it.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 03:17:25 PM »
Or they ignore the past. There was a 2 year drought in Ca. in the late 1800's where it did not rain for two seasons. The Yuba River dried up, and most of the cattle in the state died because of it.

Somewhat related because my favorite band recorded a song about it:

Charles Hatfield studied pluviculture and began to develop his own methods for producing rain. By 1902 he had created a secret mixture of 23 chemicals in large galvanized evaporating tanks that, he claimed, attracted rain. Hatfield called himself a "moisture accelerator".

In 1904, promoter Fred Binney began a public relations campaign for Hatfield. A number of Los Angeles ranchers saw his ads in newspapers and promised Hatfield $50 to produce rain.[citation needed] In February, Hatfield and his brother Paul built an evaporating tower at La Crescenta where Hatfield released his mixture into the air. Hatfield's attempt was apparently successful, so the ranchers paid him $100. Contemporary weather bureau reports described the rain as a small part of a storm that was already coming but Hatfield's supporters disregarded this.

Hatfield began to receive more job offers. He promised Los Angeles 18 inches (46 cm) of rain, apparently succeeded, and collected a fee of $1000.  For this effort, Hatfield had built his tower on the grounds of the Esperanza Sanitarium in Altadena, near Rubio Canyon.

In 1906 Hatfield was invited to the Yukon Territory, where he agreed to create rain for the water-dependent mines of the Klondike goldfields. The Klondike contract was for $10,000, but after unsuccessful efforts, Hatfield slipped away, collecting only $1,100 for expenses.  This failure did not deter his supporters.

In 1915 the San Diego city council, pressured by the San Diego Wide Awake Improvement Club, approached Hatfield to produce rain to fill the Morena Dam reservoir. Hatfield offered to produce rain for free, then charge $1,000 per inch ($393.7 per centimetre) for between forty and fifty inches (1.02 to 1.27 m) and free again over fifty inches (1.27 m). The council voted four to one for a $10,000 fee, payable when the reservoir was filled. A formal agreement was never drawn up, though Hatfield continued based on verbal understanding. Hatfield, with his brother, built a tower beside Lake Morena and was ready early in the New Year.

On January 5, 1916 heavy rain began—and grew gradually heavier day by day. Dry riverbeds filled to the point of flooding. Worsening floods destroyed bridges, marooned trains and cut phone cables - not to mention flooding homes and farms. Two dams, Sweetwater Dam and one at Lower Otay Lake, overflowed.  Rain stopped on 20 January but resumed two days later. On January 27 Lower Otay Dam broke, increasing the devastation and reportedly causing about 20 deaths (accounts vary on the exact number).

Charles Hatfield and the 1916 flooding at Lake Morena is the subject of the song "Hatfield" by the band Widespread Panic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Hatfield

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 07:15:14 PM »
Sure, but it’s the same for everyone. Let’s go with $100 (or whatever that amount is in the currency each individual on earth uses) from everyone on the planet. That’s $100 from me, $100 from every primitive, and $100 from Alain in Burundi. I mean, we’re all in this together, right? That would be $700 billion total. But either everyone contributes equally and all at the same time, or forget it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 08:04:17 PM »
I thought the libs hated 'barons'... lumber-barons, ship-barons, railroad-barons, silver-barons, etc.

Now we have the carbon-barons... if they can get-it-to-work.  It's a worldwide clunker at the moment.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 11:14:55 AM »
I thought the libs hated 'barons'... lumber-barons, ship-barons, railroad-barons, silver-barons, etc.

Now we have the carbon-barons... if they can get-it-to-work.  It's a worldwide clunker at the moment.

I bet they would have hated Andrew Carnegie, the Rockefellers, and J.P. Morgan amongst other "barons" who revolutionized innovation in their era.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 12:41:39 PM »

So can we consider Al Gore to be the first of the Carbon Barons? He made millions from the scam.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2021, 06:25:51 AM »
So can we consider Al Gore to be the first of the Carbon Barons? He made millions from the scam.

His dream of establishing a carbon-credit market was way too complicated to ever get off the ground.  Nothing for him to do but put-on TV-makeup and pimp himself.

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2021, 11:06:39 AM »
DanieRains (3,410 posts)

Thoughts?

DUmbass DanielRains, in the time it took for your stupid drugged addled brain to compose that brainless thought fart, China opened a new coal fired power plant.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2021, 07:51:32 PM »
My take is the dummies are all in on Carbon Tax, renewables, electric vehicles.... until it actually takes effect and their power bill goes up, blackouts in the winter, etc.

Then they will all be crying like the whiny bitches they are.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 12:02:57 PM »
Some of them are finally starting to figure out what we’ve known for decades; you can’t tax corporations. It’s impossible.

There’s a thread over there about that right now and I almost spit water on my screen. I’ve been banned from multiple liberal boards for trying to point out that simple truth.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2021, 12:15:47 PM »

He was all set up to make billions if it went through.  Contracts all signed with the Chicago Board of Trade.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2021, 12:18:33 PM »
DUmbass DanielRains, in the time it took for your stupid drugged addled brain to compose that brainless thought fart, China opened a new coal fired power plant.

Speaking of new fossil fueled power plants, governor newscum recently and somewhat quietly ordered 5 gas fired power plants to add additional electric capacity to the golden state.  Basically governor recall is acknowledging that "green" energy isn't cutting it and we need to fall back on evil carbon based power.

California Will Add Gas-Fired Units to Increase Power Supply
The California Energy Commission (CEC) has approved licenses for gas-fired power units to help the state cope with continued electricity shortages. The move comes after Gov. Gavin Newsom earlier declared a state of emergency for California’s power grid.

The state’s Dept. of Water Resources is procuring what it called five temporary gas-fueled generators, each with generation capacity of 30 MW, to install at existing power plants. The CEC on Aug. 17 approved licenses, good for up to five years, for the generators.

Newsom’s order, issued in July, is designed to free up additional energy capacity in the state.
It came during a major heat wave and was partly in response to the Bootleg Fire in Oregon, which threatened the regional power transmission system and California’s power supply. The governor’s order suspends certain permitting requirements, and allows the use of backup power generation, with a goal of alleviating heat-related supply demands on the power grid.

‘Act Immediately to Achieve Energy Stability’
“Governor Newsom’s emergency proclamation makes it very clear that all of our energy agencies have to act immediately to achieve energy stability during this emergency as well as accelerating plans for construction, procurement and rapid deployment of new clean-energy and storage projects,” CEC commissioner Karen Douglas said at Tuesday’s meeting where the licenses for the gas-fired units were approved.
https://www.powermag.com/california-will-add-gas-fired-units-to-increase-power-supply/
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM »
UK fires up coal power plant as gas prices soar
The UK fired up an old coal power plant on Monday to meet its electricity needs.

Warm, still, autumn weather has meant wind farms have not generated as much power as normal, while soaring prices have made it too costly to rely on gas.
  https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58469238

No worries. Joe Biden is helping Russia to complete their pipelines to help supply Europe with fuel.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2021, 04:51:43 PM »
Speaking of new fossil fueled power plants, governor newscum recently and somewhat quietly ordered 5 gas fired power plants to add additional electric capacity to the golden state.  Basically governor recall is acknowledging that "green" energy isn't cutting it and we need to fall back on evil carbon based power.
https://www.powermag.com/california-will-add-gas-fired-units-to-increase-power-supply/

Given that it is California and filled with environmental fruits, nut and flakes, the new plants should get final approval about the time the sun goes supernova.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2021, 06:08:28 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58469238

No worries. Joe Biden is helping Russia to complete their pipelines to help supply Europe with fuel.

This ^^^^

And the article cited by thundley4 says:

Both the government and National Grid ESO have committed to phasing out coal power completely by 2024 to cut carbon emissions.

So in 3 years they won't even have that!!!!!  I guaren-damn-tee you that the first time the power goes out, especially if it is normal cold weather in the winter, ** there will be hell to pay on these globull warming assholes.

** This assumes that if it is an extreme event the globull warming assholes will be covering their hind ends by saying this is an abnormal event that could not be forseen

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2021, 06:09:16 PM »
Given that it is California and filled with environmental fruits, nut and flakes, the new plants should get final approval about the time the sun goes supernova.

Now that would cause some serious global warming!!!   :-)

Montani Semper Liberi