Author Topic: No More F*cking Around. We elected you. Start acting like it  (Read 397 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
No More F*cking Around. We elected you. Start acting like it
« on: September 02, 2021, 04:08:03 PM »
Star Member zuul (12,649 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215814116

No More F*cking Around. We elected you. Start acting like it (what I want to see today from Dems)

Elizabeth C. McLaughlin @ECMcLaughlin (Founder, Gaia Project for Women's Leadership)

Instead of shouting into the ethers and dropping f-bombs all over Twitter, I'm gonna tell you what I want to see today from the Dems.

1) I want immediate implementation of @ElieNYC's brilliant idea of federalizing a force of OB/GYNs in Texas.

2) I want Manchin and Sinema stripped of committee assignments unless and until they vote to end the filibuster.

3) I want Dianne Feinstein pressured into resignation before the Sept. 14 recall election deadline so that Gavin Newsom can appoint her successor and this stupid charade of pretend confidence can end.

4) I want the DSCC and the DCCC to play hardball. No money for campaigns if you vote outside the agenda. If McConnell can make this happen, so can we.

5) I don't want to hear the word bipartisanship ever again from President Biden. Not ever. Not ever ever ever.

6) I want Roe v. Wade codified into federal law with legislation introduced TODAY.

7) I want the Green New Deal passed and codified.

8) While we're at it, NATIONWIDE MASK MANDATE.

9) I want every member of Congress who spoke at the 1/6 rally stripped of Committee assignments.

10) I want every member of Congress who voted to overturn the election stripped of Committee assignments.

11) I want the sergeant at arms of the Senate and the House empowered to detain anyone who interferes with the 1/6 committee, including by defying subpoenas. This power was used in the past and needs to be reinstated for 1/6 witnesses, including Reps.

That's for starters. But I'm just gonna say this: we've seen what they can and will do. We've known it forever and now it's bearing fruit.

NO MORE ****ING AROUND. WE ELECTED YOU. START ACTING LIKE IT.

VOTING RIGHTS. I meant to include and did not. Pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act through the Senate today or write the tombstone for America.

And the For the People Act, obviously.

LET’S GO.

Star Member NurseJackie (40,403 posts)

4. This accomplishes nothing productive.

What she wants and what's possible are two different things. She needs to come to terms with that and prepare herself for disappointment. I get that she's upset and frustrated, but... this isn't productive.

I want the Green New Deal passed and codified.
Really? How? Where's the bill? The Biden Climate Plan makes much more sense and is a better start.

Instead of shouting into the ethers and dropping f-bombs all over Twitter, I'm gonna tell you what I want to see today from the Dems.
Why just "from the Dems"? Does she even know how things work? Does she think that we have some sort of super-majority? Does she understand that these things require working with the Republicans?

I want Manchin and Sinema stripped of committee assignments unless and until they vote to end the filibuster.
Ridiculous. She obviously does not want to be taken seriously.

:rotf:

Star Member wellst0nev0ter (6,493 posts)

16. Sure beats whining about 2016

That's over, it's done. We control government now, pressure the holdouts to actually use that power.

Beastly Boy (3,410 posts)

21. Sounds an awful lot like "shouting into the ethers and dropping f-bombs all over Twitter" to me!

First things first.

Here is my list of demands for the Dems:

1. We didn't elect enough of you. I want more Democrats elected.

That's it.

This is directed not at Democratic lawmakers, but at every Democrat who, among other things, didn't vote for Hillary in 2016, no matter the reason. Enough of making demands on the lawmakers we failed to give enough power to act on our demands.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: No More F*cking Around. We elected you. Start acting like it
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 04:13:59 PM »
Imposing a permanent fascist dictatorship is the only way to save our democracy!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 04:29:57 PM »

No More F*cking Around. We elected you. Start acting like it (what I want to see today from Dems)

Elizabeth C. McLaughlin @ECMcLaughlin (Founder, Gaia Project for Women's Leadership)

1) I want immediate implementation of @ElieNYC's brilliant idea of federalizing a force of OB/GYNs in Texas.

2) I want Manchin and Sinema stripped of committee assignments unless and until they vote to end the filibuster.

3) I want Dianne Feinstein pressured into resignation before the Sept. 14 recall election deadline so that Gavin Newsom can appoint her successor and this stupid charade of pretend confidence can end.

4) I want the DSCC and the DCCC to play hardball. No money for campaigns if you vote outside the agenda. If McConnell can make this happen, so can we.

5) I don't want to hear the word bipartisanship ever again from President Biden. Not ever. Not ever ever ever.

6) I want Roe v. Wade codified into federal law with legislation introduced TODAY.

9) I want every member of Congress who spoke at the 1/6 rally stripped of Committee assignments.

10) I want every member of Congress who voted to overturn the election stripped of Committee assignments.

11) I want the sergeant at arms of the Senate and the House empowered to detain anyone who interferes with the 1/6 committee, including by defying subpoenas. This power was used in the past and needs to be reinstated for 1/6 witnesses, including Reps.

That's for starters. But I'm just gonna say this: we've seen what they can and will do. We've known it forever and now it's bearing fruit.

NO MORE ****ING AROUND. WE ELECTED YOU. START ACTING LIKE IT.

VOTING RIGHTS. I meant to include and did not. Pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act through the Senate today or write the tombstone for America.

And the For the People Act, obviously.

LET’S GO.

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 04:56:02 PM »

No More F*cking Around. We elected you. Start acting like it (what I want to see today from Dems)...

Don't flatter yourselves, DUmbasses. The Dominion programmers in charge of the "vote counting"  :rofl: software elected the corrupt boils on the asshole of humanity you ****'tards are addressing. Not you.

:fuelfire:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 05:16:20 PM »

:rotf: That would violate the 13th Amendment:

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

:rotf: Brilliant! :rotf:

:rotf: That would violate the 10th Amendment. :rotf:

:rotf: That would violate the 10th Amendment. :rotf:

I don't know who Elizabeth C. McLaughlin is ( :rotf: nor does Wikipedia :rotf: ), but the legislative actions she proposes are obvious violations of the US Constitution, and several of her other proposals would set off internecine strife among Dems (so of cpourse I support those proposals! :rotf:  :tongue: ). All in all, whoever Elizabeth C. McLaughlin is, she'd make a perfect DUmmie!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 05:21:46 PM »
Okay, now that I have some time:

That's called slavery and it's against the constitution.

5) I don't want to hear the word bipartisanship ever again from President Biden. Not ever. Not ever ever ever.[/quote]

Your circus. Your monkeys.

Golly. How come you didn't do this before?

Bills have been proposed; they've failed.

There is no constitutional authority.

The caucuses assign their committee members.

Speech and debate clause, mother ****er.

You only think you want that.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 09:08:22 PM »
She wants.......................................................A SHUBBERY!
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 11:33:11 PM »
DUmbass there's a saying I have for you in this situation...

Want in one hand, shit in the other and see which one fills up first.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe