Author Topic: My daughter-in-law and my baby granddaughter have COVID.  (Read 315 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
My daughter-in-law and my baby granddaughter have COVID.
« on: September 02, 2021, 08:43:08 AM »
mommymarine2003 (175 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215810635

My daughter-in-law and my baby granddaughter have COVID.

My son called a little bit ago and told us that his wife and baby, age 19 months, have COVID. My son is vaccinated, but his wife comes from an Evangelical family and refused to get vaccinated. We were going to babysit our granddaughter yesterday, but they both weren't feeling well, so everyone in my home was not exposed, thank goodness. My daughter-in-law flew to Arizona 10 days ago for a bachelorette party. They wanted to go to a place that did not require you to wear a mask. We live in Oregon where we have both indoor and outdoor mask mandates right now.

I am trying not to feel anger towards my daughter-in-law, but it is hard. It is so selfish that she exposed her child to this. My niece who lives in Washington State just recovered from COVID. She is vaccinated but still got the virus. She is no longer positive but is suffering from extreme fatigue.

I am starting to develop a strong resentment of anti-vaxxers.

:yawn:

Star Member Skittles (137,252 posts)

1. your DIL is a selfish asshole

disgusting

:whatever:

lagomorph777 (25,299 posts)

20. That poor granddaughter has an asshole for a mother.

9. To make matters worse, she attended her grandfather's funeral this past Saturday

There were 150 people at the funeral. I imagine very few people were wearing masks. The baby was in the nursery, so all the other babies and toddlers were exposed. What a nightmare.

:whatever:

13. I am very worried.

My sister had COVID in March/April of 2020. She was very sick. She is a senior citizen and not a 29-year-old or 1-year-old, but I know that the Delta variant is hitting the younger age groups pretty hard; so this really scares me.

O-)

Star Member RicROC (781 posts)

14. I wish your innocent granddaughter recovers.

I wish your astute son is able to take proper care of his daughter

Your daughter in law is a domestic terrorist and should be in jail because of her disregard for the health of her daughter and anyone else she endangered.

:thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:

Star Member roamer65 (28,555 posts)

15. Your DIL should be jailed for child endangerment.

I feel sorry for your granddaughter.

:argh:

Rabrrrrrr (58,065 posts)

24. Holy crow, what a dilemma to be in. A son you likely love, a DIL who's a life-hating terrorist, and a granddaughter who is sick because of the negligence of the DIL - and yet, your son surely loves her, so you can't quite just treat her like she deserves...

uffda.

I feel for you, and I can only say that I hope they all get through Covid just fine and that your DIL will eventually realize that for all the protestations of the Evangelicals/Fundies to be pro-life, they're nothing but a death cult and a religion of wealth and power wielded immorally.

:mental:

Star Member calimary (63,817 posts)

32. Wow - I'm not sure I could keep my feelings to myself!

This has torn families apart, EVERYWHERE.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, mommymarine2003. It's gotta be doubly hard when the stubborn stupidity and willful ignorance are in one's own family. I am grateful both our kids are sensible and taking all the precautions. Often, our son is double-masked.

Sometimes I find myself wondering if we'll actually survive this as a country. But then again, it isn't just COVID that's driving the wedges separating us.

No, it's the left.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: My daughter-in-law and my baby granddaughter have COVID.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 09:45:20 AM »
... but his wife comes from an Evangelical family and refused to get vaccinated.

Stupid stereotype alert! This Evangelical and his family have all been vaccinated. Were I to poll my church's members, I would expect the vaccination % to be around the % of Santa Clara County (~80%).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 10:05:16 AM »
I am starting to develop a strong resentment of anti-vaxxers.

that resentment should be directed at china
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 10:11:17 AM »
There can be no peace with these people. They are threats to all of us.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 10:34:17 AM »
Any of these "my ebil RWNJ antivaxxer fill in the blank relative got COVID" stories getting updates when the relative recovers, or does that get memory holed?   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.