Author Topic: Abortion is democracy, or some such bullshit  (Read 517 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Abortion is democracy, or some such bullshit
« on: September 01, 2021, 02:08:38 PM »
NOTE: Please do not comment with "WE'RE NOT A DEMOCRACY! WE'RE A REPUBLIC!"

Yes, I know, and I agree; but people are so quick to vomit out that line they overlook larger issues and leave them unanswered.

demmiblue

"What we're experiencing is an intentional dismantling of open society and liberal democracy..."

A historically unpopular party that’s losing support by the day is relentlessly attacking people’s rights to control their bodies and vote and protect themselves from a pandemic because our system is rigged for minority control and they stole the court.

That’s what’s happening.

We hear all the time about how news is reported and objectivity, but the objective, unarguable truth is that the GOP has used a system design for white, wealthy men to reign over everyone to deny earned, natural rights and quickly dismantle liberal democracy which rejects them.

When we read about this it will be framed as “Texas limits access in a move that concerns some.” That’s a viewpoint born from a politics-as-a-sport perspective championed by a media that’s skewed to wealthy, white men benefited from these attacks. The truth is much uglier.

What we’re experiencing is an intentional dismantling of open society and liberal democracy, an attack on vulnerable populations, and a movement on the Right that recognizes it’s not particularly capable of winning elections.

That’s not overreacting. It’s life here right now.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215808135

Abortion was not democratically enacted, it was judicially imposed.

Roe v Wade overturned laws enacted by duly elected legislatures.

The Texas law was enacted by a duly elected legislature.

No aborted child has ever been democratically olled about their thoughts on the matter.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Abortion is democracy, or some such bullshit
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 03:05:04 PM »

Yes, I know, and I agree; but people are so quick to vomit out that line they overlook larger issues and leave them unanswered.

No aborted child has ever been democratically olled about their thoughts on the matter.

The few that manage to survive have been polled on the matter and it was unanimous that they are grateful to be alive.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 03:15:10 PM »

While I have realized that it's a rhetorical question, I used to wonder why democrats haven't tried to actually write federal law legalizing abortion after RvW.  Simple, it lets them talk out of both sides of their butts.  Actually writing a bill saying it's ok to kill babies is a step no one (to my knowledge) actually has the conviction to do and put their name on.  The Supreme Court decision gives them an out, supporting the "right to choose" without actually having to do anything.  Not sure if it was the first time democrats figured out how to legislate from the bench, but it definitely was the one that made them realize what a strong tool that is.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 06:16:29 PM »
A historically unpopular party that’s losing support by the day is relentlessly attacking people’s rights to control their bodies
Can you say vaccine and mask mandates...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 08:02:18 PM »
 ::) An elected legislature challenging a ruling by the majority of 9 appointed judges is, "dismantling of open society and liberal democracy"? ::)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 08:46:25 PM »
::) An elected legislature challenging a ruling by the majority of 9 appointed judges is, "dismantling of open society and liberal democracy"? ::)

Don't even try to make sense of it. That will only serve to drive you as insane as they are...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 10:12:16 PM »
Don't even try to make sense of it. That will only serve to drive you as insane as they are...

It's actually quite simple, the left lives by this rule:

The ends ALWAYS justify the means.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 11:44:11 PM »
This seems like a good opportunity for a DUmmie boycott: For each child that is not aborted a DUmmie could off themselves. That would even the score.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 11:47:17 PM by DUmpDiver »

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 06:26:06 AM »
That whole thread is a bunch of Marxists complaining that there are people willing to fight against them and a there's a system in place that slows down their ability to force everyone to their submission. As typical, they try to frame it as if they're the majority who wants what's best for all. They sound like Lenin, Trotsky, circa 1917-18.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 07:09:15 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.