Author Topic: A low post count newbie takes on NanceGreggs on her own turf  (Read 348 times)

Offline Delmar

A low post count newbie takes on NanceGreggs on her own turf
« on: August 30, 2021, 09:14:46 PM »
Murphyb849 (211 posts)

Addressing MORE big lies

The truth about me and why I am a Democrat (addressing MORE big lies)

They say we want to disband police departments (and that we hate the police): we don’t, that’s a lie.
We want to weed out racism and unnecessary police brutality and for those who abuse their power to be held accountable.

They say we want to release all prisoners: we don’t, that’s a lie.
We want to weed out racism and ensure the punishments match the crimes, to de-privatize prisons, and address the historic lack of equality in how the law is implemented across the diversity of folks that is America.

They say we want open borders: we don’t, that’s a lie.
We want asylum seekers to be given their chance to seek asylum. We want to help people who are coming from unimaginable terror and poverty; to help give them the chance we have. We want to ensure children aren’t separated from their parents and that parents and kids are not kept in cages. But we do want proper vetting, and a better immigration policy that is humane and recognizes the contribution and labor provided by immigrants of all kinds.

They say we want to take away your guns: we don’t, that’s a lie.
We want logical gun control to help prevent mass shootings and misuse of firearms, including brandishing weapons in public as a means of intimidation or worse.

They say we want to wage a war on Christianity and Christian values: we don’t, that’s a lie.
We want people of all religions to be able to practice and worship freely and safely--or not at all, if they so choose.

They say we want to get everything for free: we don’t, that’s a lie.
We want to work hard and make sure that healthcare and education are affordable for all. We want to ensure all can work with dignity and provide for themselves and their families.

They say we want a war against traditional marriage: we don’t, that’s a lie.
We want people of all sexual orientations to be able to love freely, no matter who you love.

They say we want to destroy or rewrite history: we don’t, that’s a lie.
We want to recognize the good parts and the ugly parts of our past and do everything we can to say when appropriate “that’s not okay, let’s not honor/valorize those aggressors, and let’s not let those things happen again”.

They say we want to take away your constitutional rights: we don’t, that’s a lie.
We believe in the scientific process and its goal of moving toward the best held truth, and thus we wear masks and try to prevent the spread of this disease.

They say we hate America: we don’t, that’s a lie.
We just recognize our faults and want us to do better, be better.

Please stop with the us vs. them. The ability to criticize and hold ourselves and our government accountable is a bedrock of American Democracy we all should hold dear.

Our position is one of empathy, compassion, and logic. Please stop believing the hype and the spin. Just because we want equality for all doesn’t mean we want to take anything away from you.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215801559

Some newbie loading up his screed in the same repetitive rhetorical style that has been beat into the ground by the drunken pig NanceGreggs for years. 

He's got a lot of years of posting and drinking ahead of him before he catches up to the old matriarch.

Response to Murphyb849 (Original post)Mon Aug 30, 2021, 09:13 PM
Star Member StarryNite (6,888 posts)
2. Well said.
Well said?  That may sound like a compliment but if he had really impressed the other primitive he would've got a "righteous rant Murph."  That's what they always say to NanceGreggs, anyway.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: A low post count newbie takes on NanceGreggs on her own turf
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 09:43:42 PM »
Blast from the past...
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)