Author Topic: DU organizes letter writing campaign for their hero Lt Mike Byrd  (Read 343 times)

Offline Delmar

bottomofthehill (4,741 posts)

Capitol Police Lt Mike Byrd, little help

I am stealing this from a late night thread from letmyoeoplevote but I think it needs to see the Light of day. Congressman Kildee wrote a letter to Lt Byrd thanking him for taking action to save his life on 1/6. He was in the House Chamber when Ashli Babbitt came through the window into the Speakers Lobby. On the letter is the address that we can send letters supporting Lt Byrd.

We should follow his lead and DU what we do best
We too should write letters to Lt Byrd thanking him.

I know there is a lot of raw emotion here about 1/6, but we should keep the letters positive, watching his interview you can see that he is still coming to grips with the shooting. By positive, I mean no comments like " you should have shot more" or "she bought the ticket she took the ride" He needs to hear positive messages of thanks.

The Lt has had his life turned upside down, He and his family have been threatened. He has spent the last 6 months being investigated by his own department, the Justice Department and Metropolitan Police. He was cleared by all, but that is a lot of stress to get out from under.

His brave actions protected Members of Congress, Congressional staff, the Officers under his command. his actions also ensured that the electoral votes were counted and the "peaceful" transfer of power occurred on 1/20/21.

I have already sent Lt Byrd a note.
2 replies, 365 views
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215799196

Participants are urged to keep their letters positive, urged to thank the cold blooded killer for saving the republic instead of expressing wishes that he would've killed more people.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: DU organizes letter writing campaign for their hero Lt Mike Byrd
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 11:51:14 AM »
It's a good thing I have impulse control, as this makes me want to write a letter of thanks to Sirhan Sirhan.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 12:14:08 PM »
The Lt has had his life turned upside down, He and his family have been threatened. He has spent the last 6 months being investigated by his own department, the Justice Department and Metropolitan Police. He was cleared by all, but that is a lot of stress to get out from under.
The same could be said for Officer Darren Wilson, and a whole lot of other cops across the country who shot dangerous thugs, but unfortunately, they get no letters of support from DUpipo.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 01:03:49 PM »
DUmmies wanting to thank someone for senseless gun violence.  Sounds about right...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020