Author Topic: The COVID-19 Virus Is NOT a Parasite! Mineralman  (Read 524 times)

Offline CC27

The COVID-19 Virus Is NOT a Parasite! Mineralman
« on: August 30, 2021, 09:18:36 AM »
MineralMan (139,058 posts)

The COVID-19 Virus Is NOT a Parasite!

That is a flaw in anyone's reasoning who considers an antiparasitic drug like hydrochloroquine or ivermectin to be a possible treatment for COVID-19. Parasites are living things. Viruses may or not be alive. They are not in any way related to each other.

There is no reason to suspect that an antiparasitic medication would be useful against any virus. The biology is completely different.

Ridiculous on its face!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215799068

You and your follow DUmmies are parasites so...

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: The COVID-19 Virus Is NOT a Parasite! Mineralman
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 09:22:05 AM »
That's a pretty weird argument from a guy who probably takes a blood pressure lowering medication to get hard-ons.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 09:38:22 AM »
I guess MoronMan doesn't realize that HCQ and ivermectin might have effects beyond what he imagines he understands. That ivermectin hindered SARS-CoV-2 infection was discovered by the Aussies over a year ago, and that HCQ hindered the virus from invading cells much as it hinders the malaria amoeba from invading cells was learned even earlier. They aren't magic bullets that preclude the need for all other treatments and preventives, but both have been and are under political attack, not shown ineffective by proper controlled testing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 09:44:50 AM »
He could've been anything he wanted to be, he could've been a brilliant doctor--just like the first lady Dr. Jill Biden--but he chose instead to make his mark in the field of thrift store scrounging.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 09:49:28 AM »
I guess MoronMan doesn't realize that HCQ and ivermectin might have effects beyond what he imagines he understands. That ivermectin hindered SARS-CoV-2 infection was discovered by the Aussies over a year ago, and that HCQ hindered the virus from invading cells much as it hinders the malaria amoeba from invading cells was learned even earlier. They aren't magic bullets that preclude the need for all other treatments and preventives, but both have been and are under political attack, not shown ineffective by proper controlled testing.

The problem is that those treatments, such as they are, have been promulgated by the "wrong people," according to DUmmies. The only people permitted to advance a treatment are those who have received the blessing of the Democrat Celebrity Complex Hive Mind, irrespective of how wrong/misguided/incomplete/short sighted/uninformed it might be. In other words, we are supposed to take what Lizzo thinks is safe and effective, because she's a strong independent woman who don't need no man. Or we are supposed to heed the advice of the randomly selected TikTok tranny, because they are oppressed by the US flag. In other words, roughly half of the people in this country are insane and would like for the other half to become insane as well.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 09:55:31 AM »
He could've been anything he wanted to be, he could've been a brilliant doctor--just like the first lady Dr. Jill Biden--but he chose instead to make his mark in the field of thrift store scrounging.

He has a PHD in scroungeology. :thatsright: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Plus he has a brilliant mind, but it has been wasted> :loser: :loser: :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dr. jill has a PHD in donations of OPM money her crooked husband made from being a senator. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 11:34:11 AM »
I guess MoronMan doesn't realize that HCQ and ivermectin might have effects beyond what he imagines he understands.

That seems to be a limitation on their thinking in general. "We meant for Policy X to have effect Y. It can't possibly be doing harm!"

Offline Delmar

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 11:34:22 AM »
I suppose that the MAGA people taking the horse dewormer outrage should be allowed to fade away but since this story is funny and it involves primitive hero Rachael Maddow getting snookered...
‘NO one thought to fact-check?’ Rolling Stone, Rachel Maddow BUSTED pushing FAKE story about OK hospitals overwhelmed with horse dewormer ODs
Look at all those people with gunshot wounds waiting in line in coats … during the summer.

They didn’t even bother to find a picture that could PASS as real.

And of course, Rachel Maddow had to jump on the bandwagon and push this fake story as well:
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/09/05/no-one-thought-to-fact-check-rolling-stone-rachel-maddow-busted-pushing-fake-story-about-ok-hospitals-overwhelmed-with-horse-dewormer-ods/

Gunshot victims left waiting as horse dewormer overdoses overwhelm Oklahoma hospitals.  These idiots will believe anything.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 12:36:27 PM »
Yep, Proggies got hoovered by a falsehood they wanted to hear and be true. Unsurprisingly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.