Author Topic: Calling a Covid vaccination "the jab" is meant to be disrespectful. It's RW ling  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215787479

You literally cannot make this shit up!   :rofl:

Cousin Dupree
Calling a Covid vaccination "the jab" is meant to be disrespectful. It's RW lingo.

I hate seeing it used on DU.

Ginormous, HUGE thread. I’m on my phone so you’ll have to tow your own sewage over.

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215787479

You literally cannot make this shit up!   :rofl:

Ginormous, HUGE thread. I’m on my phone so you’ll have to tow your own sewage over.

:lmao:

KC

I was going to haul that over. Good example of how people behave on Democrat Underground.

They hate when you misuse words there. We are supposed to call it The Life-Saving Gift From the Almighty Joseph Biden To Ensure Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Transgender Rights to Defecate Next to Schoolgirls Memorial Black Lives Matter Don't Assume my Gender Vaccine. Nope. It's a needle stick, dummies, and it was developed under a Republican administration. **** off and die of something awful.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
It's British lingo, you Anglophobe.   :-)   The DUmp likes arguing about words and their "proper" usage and effects on people's feelings more than looking into real issues, so par for the course. 

I use it because too many people are still getting sick and spreading the kung-flu after getting the jab for the term vaccine to apply properly, IMNSHO.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
It's British lingo, you Anglophobe.   :-)   The DUmp likes arguing about words and their "proper" usage and effects on people's feelings more than looking into real issues, so par for the course. 

I use it because too many people are still getting sick and spreading the kung-flu after getting the jab for the term vaccine to apply properly, IMNSHO.

They seemed to have no problem with adopting things like;  in hospital, or at university (or at uni).

Why the push back on jab?

They’re so fickle.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)

Why the push back on jab?

KC

Hmmm? 

Much easier to become unglued about than discussing and having to explain the Afghanistan fiasco the demented old fool of a president for whom they voted ...

Has caused perhaps?    :rotf:

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 02:54:59 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline SVPete

How people who fancy themselves so very cultured and sophisticated have avoided knowing that "jab" is common Brit usage eludes me.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

How people who fancy themselves so very cultured and sophisticated have avoided knowing that "jab" is common Brit usage eludes me.

Is fag still in use in England? Used to hear the word a lot in British movies from the 70's and before.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Star Member Jim G. (13,436 posts)

127. See Post # 53

And the sub.

It is a RW slur & whether or not it's used differently overseas is irrelevant.

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Jim G. (Reply #127)Fri Aug 27, 2021, 12:58 PM
leftstreet (33,133 posts)

132. No

This has been explained

It's not a "RW slur," it's a term you personally noticed a troll using on DU

If you notice a troll using "petrol" instead of "gas," will you deem petrol a RW slur?

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to leftstreet (Reply #132)Fri Aug 27, 2021, 01:23 PM
Star Member Jim G. (13,436 posts)

146. You Might Not Be Aware It's Used As A Slur

But I know for a fact that it is.

Nothing has "been explained" either. Just argued.

LOL ol' Jim is also seen bragging about his MIRT status, and how he is in the know....

I can't believe that they fell for my mole's poutrage about the Jab....

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Is fag still in use in England? Used to hear the word a lot in British movies from the 70's and before.

It certainly was before I was born and when you were a young pup.  There is nothing wrong with that lingo, unless one is a perpetually butt hurt liberal who wants to burn every word in the dictionary that could be offensive to someone.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

Yep.... the proper term would be suppressant
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline ADsOutburst

Ah, democrats doing what they do best; policing and controlling language.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Ah, democrats doing what they do best; policing and controlling language.

Even George Carlin (not a conservative) pointed this out.

And yes, whatever liberals don't want to ban, they demand to make mandatory.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/vuEQixrBKCc
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpDiver

The DUmmies have no problem calling 1/6 an insurrection despite the fact that not one of the 600+ charged have been charged with insurrection.

Offline Delmar

There is a house that I drive by most weekends that has a big banner hanging on the porch railing that says TRUMP WON U KNOW.  They have a second sign that says NO JAB JUICE HERE.  I hadn't noticed that second one until just today.  I probably saw it before but it didn't register with me since I didn't know what it meant.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

There is a house that I drive by most weekends that has a big banner hanging on the porch railing that says TRUMP WON U KNOW.  They have a second sign that says NO JAB JUICE HERE.  I hadn't noticed that second one until just today.  I probably saw it before but it didn't register with me since I didn't know what it meant.

"Jab Juice" is more alliterative than "Vaccine shot".

I've probably used "jab", with some frequency. It's more brief than "vaccination", and I'm a lazy non-typist. I'm hardly an anti-vaxxer or anti-Covid-vaxxer.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
We should take the que from the left and label this with a more attractive, inclusive phrase.

Instead of "Don't take the jab." say "Pro-choice vaccinations."

Some pro-life people, like myself, might be a little uncomfortable with the "pro-choice" phraseology ... live with it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 09:38:06 AM by old dog 2 »
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I'm not anti vaccine.

I'm part of the control group.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I'm not anti vaccine.

I like that term. I think I’ll steal it.

KC

*Stolen

I'm not anti vaccine.

Join with us to fight the zombie hordes, brother!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I’d be super interested to know how many DUmmies are not vaccinated. Can you imagine how terrified they are they will be found out and forced off the DU?!   :lmao:

KC

*Stolen

I’d be super interested to know how many DUmmies are not vaccinated. Can you imagine how terrified they are they will be found out and forced off the DU?!   :lmao:

KC
I'd love to share the entire text history I've got with my siblings. So proud of themselves and all the back patting a few months ago. Fast forward today and call them out on 4 family members getting covid despite "the jab" and masks. Their only response? "This really isn't the time to be having this conversation."

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)

I like that term. I think I’ll steal it.

KC

As will I! 
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I'd love to share the entire text history I've got with my siblings. So proud of themselves and all the back patting a few months ago. Fast forward today and call them out on 4 family members getting covid despite "the jab" and masks. Their only response? "This really isn't the time to be having this conversation."

Literally everything I’m reading is saying those who are vaccinated are getting delta at a higher rate than the unvaccinated. Is it true?  I don’t know. I’m still in the control group (thanks SSGSB)

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

KC

If DU has a (sub-)forum for "alternative" medicines and "natural" remedies, that would probably have some anti-vaxxers. A (sub-)forum for back-to-nature and live-off-the-land types would probably have some. Basically any (sub-)group that is about rejection of many modern technologies (e.g. "organic" foods), especially "Western Medicine". Folks like that are not intrinsically left-leaning, but many are. So any DU-folk who are in that kind of sub-cultural range who have not posted an "I am vaxxed" virtue-signal are possible anti-vaxxers who are laying low.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel

Literally everything I’m reading is saying those who are vaccinated are getting delta at a higher rate than the unvaccinated. Is it true?  I don’t know. I’m still in the control group (thanks SSGSB)

KC

Sorry, I can't help you.

Trust but verify.  I don't have time to verify and very, very few sources I trust.  Trust 100%?  Out of the question.  The entire internet is a sewer. 
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire