Author Topic: Weak coffee bouncy (like making love in a canoe)  (Read 491 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Weak coffee bouncy (like making love in a canoe)
« on: August 27, 2021, 11:36:29 AM »

Star Member ripcord (2,139 posts)

My first and last trip to Starbucks

I don't drink flavored or iced coffees like Starbucks serves so I have never had a reason to go there but a friend wanted his usual morning coffee so off we went. I ordered a large plain coffee and got a snide comment from the worker about cheap customers who don't tip, when did a tip become required for simply doing your job and pouring a coffee?

I suspect the DUmmy saw the tip jar and simply became outraged that tips are provided at times. In other words, this event did not actually occur

I am certain that a company that never saw you before today will not miss never seeing you again. Even if you did go there daily, I suspect that they wouldn't miss a lunatic nutball like you, anyway.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Weak coffee bouncy (like making love in a canoe)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 11:47:07 AM »
I suspect the DUmmy saw the tip jar and simply became outraged that tips are provided at times. In other words, this event did not actually occur

I am certain that a company that never saw you before today will not miss never seeing you again. Even if you did go there daily, I suspect that they wouldn't miss a lunatic nutball like you, anyway.

I do not like charbucks but sometimes it has been the only option.  I have NEVER encountered anything but courteous behavior from the coffee clerks there.  And I have been to literally thousands (tens of thousands) of places where there is a tip jar and NEVER ONCE has its existence been even pointed out by the people serving me.

Interesting how DUmmies bring the worst out of people.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 11:56:42 AM »
I do not like charbucks but sometimes it has been the only option.  I have NEVER encountered anything but courteous behavior from the coffee clerks there.  And I have been to literally thousands (tens of thousands) of places where there is a tip jar and NEVER ONCE has its existence been even pointed out by the people serving me.

Interesting how DUmmies bring the worst out of people.

I will bet anyone that this is how a conversation probably went:

"What's this? Free money?"
"No, DUmmy, it's a tip jar."
"Are you sure it's not for Muscular Dystrophy, and you're stealing donations?"
"No, it's a tip jar for people to leave tips."
"Am I SUPPOSED to leave a tip?"
"No, as with any opportunity to tip, it's strictly voluntary."
"Well, I don't want to tip you."
"Then don't leave a tip."
"How many people leave tips?"
"I really don't know."
"But enough. Are you paid a living wage?"
"Starbucks actually provides a lot of benefits to us, even part-timers."
"So why do you need tips?"
"Again, tips are strictly voluntary. You don't have to leave one."
"Well, frankly, I don't want to leave you a tip. In fact, I might like for you to tip me for coming here."
"Oh, I see: you're a *******ed lunatic. I have actual customers to serve. Please leave the store now."
"Damned FASCIST! I'm telling the internet on you!"
"Can you please leave? I think you're about to crap your pants and I don't need that in my store."
"Too late!"
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 12:01:54 PM »
I will bet anyone that this is how a conversation probably went:

"What's this? Free money?"
"No, DUmmy, it's a tip jar."
"Are you sure it's not for Muscular Dystrophy, and you're stealing donations?"
"No, it's a tip jar for people to leave tips."
"Am I SUPPOSED to leave a tip?"
"No, as with any opportunity to tip, it's strictly voluntary."
"Well, I don't want to tip you."
"Then don't leave a tip."
"How many people leave tips?"
"I really don't know."
"But enough. Are you paid a living wage?"
"Starbucks actually provides a lot of benefits to us, even part-timers."
"So why do you need tips?"
"Again, tips are strictly voluntary. You don't have to leave one."
"Well, frankly, I don't want to leave you a tip. In fact, I might like for you to tip me for coming here."
"Oh, I see: you're a *******ed lunatic. I have actual customers to serve. Please leave the store now."
"Damned FASCIST! I'm telling the internet on you!"
"Can you please leave? I think you're about to crap your pants and I don't need that in my store."
"Too late!"

LOL!!!

^5!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 12:39:34 PM »
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2021, 01:01:46 PM »
Did it occur to that poster that the employees might share tips?

Also, staying away from Starbucks might be the best decision recently made by anyone on DU.  :-)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2021, 02:34:24 PM »
Quote from:
Treefrog

18. Funny. It was just a few months ago du was all about supporting the frontline workers.
Saying how we should be sure to tip and always say thank you.

Things I do anyway, but recently I read a rant by a poster who called a delivery person names, and that thread got dozens of recs…and now this.

Waiting for the first thread in cussing out a grocery worker…

Oh, there’s been many of you vile cretins who have insulted and berated the very types of employees and employers you claim to represent.

My favorite was when this primitive named NightTrain, who was a delivery person, took some male customer his incontinence briefs, tossed the box to the customer, and then announced loudly to the customer “Here’s your diapers!” while a group of residents were standing right there.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2021, 06:35:56 PM »
All of this tipping wouldn't be necessary if we paid the baristas a living wage!!!! (DUmp mode)

And "living wage" is a term that is NEVER defined, akin to paying your "fair share" in taxes.

I'm a generous tipper, but not at a coffee shop or fast food joint.  These same jagoffs probably don't ever even consider tipping two bits at McDonald's or Burger King.  My personal rules are to tip my waiter/waitress, bartender, hairstylist, and my Uber/Lyft driver.

Personally believe Starbucks coffee is horrid and haven't even had it in several years.  To each their own.  The Maxwell House brand or whatever type I have on hand works for me.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender