Author Topic: Worried, but I have to be gentle and careful... Bouncy  (Read 1340 times)

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: Worried, but I have to be gentle and careful... Bouncy
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2021, 10:38:05 AM »
I've been very fortunate to be "essential" in a militantly libertarian industry. If the company tries to force vaccines on us or risk losing employment, I can go independent or find another company along with everyone else. I'm fairly confident my company is aware of this fact.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2021, 12:44:56 PM »
The whole essential thing is another issue altogether.

BUT any business that says (on their own) all customers  must be vaxed.. that's their choice. They have the right(should) to refuse service to anyone. The Big problem really is that we have allowed carve outs for so many "special classes."

I’ve zero issues with a private business requiring vaccinations. They can win or lose on that stance. We’re having a big debate on Instagram with the Texas Renaissance festival. They’re requiring the vaccine for the vendors, employees, and performers. A lot of us are standing with those who don’t want to get the shot to work the festival.

The Texas Renaissance festival is the largest in the nation and it’sa lot of fun, but I’ll be damned if I support such ludicrous bullshit with my dollars. This year it’s those that can control. Next year it’ll be the paying guests. Not happening. It’ll be interesting to see how much business they lose, or not.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2021, 03:45:56 PM »

I’ve zero issues with a private business requiring vaccinations. They can win or lose on that stance. We’re having a big debate on Instagram with the Texas Renaissance festival. They’re requiring the vaccine for the vendors, employees, and performers. A lot of us are standing with those who don’t want to get the shot to work the festival.

The Texas Renaissance festival is the largest in the nation and it’sa lot of fun, but I’ll be damned if I support such ludicrous bullshit with my dollars. This year it’s those that can control. Next year it’ll be the paying guests. Not happening. It’ll be interesting to see how much business they lose, or not.

KC

I'd not go if they're requiring vax for all those folks. But their choice, as you said to win or lose on that stance

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2021, 08:24:02 PM »
I'd not go if they're requiring vax for all those folks. But their choice, as you said to win or lose on that stance
Family dollar/dollar tree demands masks and a signed paper about covid from their vendors. Don't shop there
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)