Author Topic: Here is a question for anti-maskers:  (Read 517 times)

Offline CC27

Here is a question for anti-maskers:
« on: August 27, 2021, 08:49:47 AM »
madaboutharry (36,486 posts)

Would they be willing to have surgery if no one in the operating room was wearing a mask?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215787411

You are way off DUmmie.

Offline SVPete

Re: Here is a question for anti-maskers:
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 09:18:28 AM »
While true that surgeons and staff don't wear surgical masks because they are masochists, they do so to protect the patient - not themselves - and the patient has been cut open by a surgeon who is within a foot or two of the incision. IOW, what DUmmie madaboutharry imagines is a "devastating" challenge is simply a very poor irrelevant analogy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 09:37:14 AM »
While true that surgeons and staff don't wear surgical masks because they are masochists, they do so to protect the patient - not themselves - and the patient has been cut open by a surgeon who is within a foot or two of the incision. IOW, what DUmmie madaboutharry imagines is a "devastating" challenge is simply a very poor irrelevant analogy.

There was a doctor/surgeon who wrote an article about this very thing, basically saying you can't compare the two. The sterile environment of the hospital is nothing like the outside world, and mask wearing by professionals is not comparable to the way the average person's mask wearing. Also, a surgeon wouldn't operate while sick.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 09:40:26 AM »
The primitive asks a good question if its intentions are for people to laugh in their face.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 09:43:51 AM »

a couple of questions for you mask pushers:

If you are vaccinated and wearing a mask, what are you worried about?

Why do you always have to bring politics into the mask argument, always assuming that people who don't want to wear a mask are "Trumpers"?

Why do you take such glee is demanding what somebody wears on their body?

When did the battle cry,"my body, my choice" become irrelevant to the left?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2021, 09:52:01 AM »
I want to see a primitive operated on while the surgeon is wearing a mask his crafty aunt made for him
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2021, 10:44:03 AM »
Why do you take such glee is demanding what somebody wears on their body?

The democratic party hive-mind (their echo chamber on DU, the media, and their politicians) have them utterly convinced that they're doing the right thing by belittling, scorning, and driving away non-compliers. That, and having power over others seems to turn them on.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2021, 10:49:06 AM »

Would they be willing to have surgery if no one in the operating room was wearing a mask?

Funny to ask this in a place where one knows either no one (official, not mole) holds the view and also knows if anyone comes in with an unapproved answer, the answer and the poster will vanish.

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 11:08:39 AM »
Funny to ask this in a place where one knows either no one (official, not mole) holds the view and also knows if anyone comes in with an unapproved answer, the answer and the poster will vanish.

In plainer language, yes, the DU OPer was virtue-signaling. The supposedly Devastating Question is a DU-standard virtue-signaling template.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2021, 12:27:10 PM »
The masks surgeons wear are useless against viruses and are not used for that reason. They’re used in surgery to stop droplets not aerosols.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 04:51:09 PM »
For that DUmmie, find a surgeon or even a regular doctor that will treat a patients without wearing gloves.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 05:47:05 PM »
As I suspected: no one in the thread has the intelligence or integrity to hit them in the face with a clue-by-four.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2021, 05:55:01 PM »

Well, yes... I would. I'd rather have the surgery with no surgeon wearing a mask (assuming it's needed) than to not have the surgery because of no mask.