Author Topic: I still have not recieved my fed income tax refund yet.  (Read 592 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

I still have not recieved my fed income tax refund yet.
« on: July 29, 2021, 04:16:20 PM »
The only message I get is they are still working on it.
I did a little digging, and the IRS hopes to complete the 2019 returns later this summer. Only then will the 2020 returns be processed.

is everyone else in the same boat?

Offline thundley4

Re: I still have not recieved my fed income tax refund yet.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 06:18:09 PM »
Wow!  We filed in early February and had the federal refund within two weeks, but it took almost a month for the state.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 06:55:20 PM »
The only message I get is they are still working on it.
I did a little digging, and the IRS hopes to complete the 2019 returns later this summer. Only then will the 2020 returns be processed.

is everyone else in the same boat?

Our 2019 return was delayed, which delayed processing our 2020 return, but we got a refund from both fed and state in about late May or so. The dumbass part of the whole thing was we had to pay tax in our 2019 returns for both fed and state. IRS and state cashed those checks most ricky-tick, but completely failed to process the tax returns themselves until more than a year later.  :whatever:

And they wonder why nobody trusts the damned government.  :censored:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 07:52:57 PM »
Our 2019 return was delayed, which delayed processing our 2020 return, but we got a refund from both fed and state in about late May or so. The dumbass part of the whole thing was we had to pay tax in our 2019 returns for both fed and state. IRS and state cashed those checks most ricky-tick, but completely failed to process the tax returns themselves until more than a year later.  :whatever:

And they wonder why nobody trusts the damned government.  :censored:

OK, a moment of sanity from Ralphie, as I have extensive experience in dealing with the IRS.

The Wuhan basically threw the IRS into a giant mess for the past year and a half.  99% of the staffers at that institution are just doing their job, other than those political appointees at higher echelons. 

Mr. M, I wouldn't worry too much, however, an few phone calls directly to the IRS should expedite this process.

The most worthless textbooks that I was required to purchase in college involved tax laws.  Other than the basic theory, specific and many general tax laws change every single year.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender