Author Topic: Comin' Straight From the Underground  (Read 1514 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Comin' Straight From the Underground
« on: January 29, 2021, 10:08:33 AM »
Hi folks, CU refugee here.  Native Kansan, current Texan (eyeballing those secession papers right now)  evil Bible thumpin' ditto head.  Teaching in a disciplinary school, which I usually love, but the Kung-flu has made a different mess for us than what we usually deal with and a different mess than regular campuses have on their hands. 

Lurk a lot, usually post to blow of steam in areas that are less likely to be found and "embarrass the district"  (that's how our social media policy reads, leaves way too much leeway). 

Searching the forums, it appears Tapatalk is not preferred, is there another mobile friendly way to post?
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Comin' Straight From the Underground
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 10:35:39 AM »
This is the second remark about tapatalk I've read the past two days.  I have no idea what it is, but I checked a thread from several years ago, and it appeared people even back then were having problems.....and then-management didn't seem too bothered.

However, conservativecave has since been under different ownership for a few years, and this ownership seems much more committed to keeping this site running well.  I suggest one send a personal message to miskie here about the issue.

Keep in mind that miskie is good at doing all he needs to do, at the same time he works full time.....and is a single father of several teenagers.  So it would be good to give him some time and and some slack.  Also, he magnanimously bears all expenses for this site; there's never been a fund-raiser.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 10:38:22 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 11:02:00 AM »
This is the second remark about tapatalk I've read the past two days.  I have no idea what it is, but I checked a thread from several years ago, and it appeared people even back then were having problems.....and then-management didn't seem too bothered.

However, conservativecave has since been under different ownership for a few years, and this ownership seems much more committed to keeping this site running well.  I suggest one send a personal message to miskie here about the issue.

Keep in mind that miskie is good at doing all he needs to do, at the same time he works full time.....and is a single father of several teenagers.  So it would be good to give him some time and and some slack.  Also, he magnanimously bears all expenses for this site; there's never been a fund-raiser.

Taptalk is an app that makes navigating,  posting and editing posts to discussion boards easier than using the web browser on your phone.  It used to work for the cave on my phone but stopped working about 2 years ago so i went back to reading and posting with a browser on my phone.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 11:46:41 AM »
Taptalk is an app that makes navigating,  posting and editing posts to discussion boards easier than using the web browser on your phone.  It used to work for the cave on my phone but stopped working about 2 years ago so i went back to reading and posting with a browser on my phone.

In case one's not aware--my good friend DLR Pyro is--I'm one of that near-extinct breed who knows nothing about cellular telephones and their operation.  If someone were to put a gun to my head and demand I use one, well, tough luck for me.  I'm deaf so I have no use for them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 02:45:16 PM »
In case one's not aware--my good friend DLR Pyro is--I'm one of that near-extinct breed who knows nothing about cellular telephones and their operation.  If someone were to put a gun to my head and demand I use one, well, tough luck for me.  I'm deaf so I have no use for them.

Shock and Surprise!!! I'm getting more hard of hearing every day it seems but my hearing aids bluetooth connect to my Apple SE and I hear the conversation clearly in the middle of my hear as it were. Great improvement over hollering huh every few minutes.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!