Author Topic: #04 Top DUmmie of 2016 (kentuck)  (Read 22546 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
#04 Top DUmmie of 2016 (kentuck)
« on: December 29, 2016, 05:13:55 AM »
Congratulations to kentuck, the #04 Top DUmmie of 2016!

As with so many other Top DUmmies, one has the impression kentuck’s been one of them more times than he’s actually been.

2014 #10 Top DUmmie
2013 #14 Top DUmmie
2011 #14 Top DUmmie
2010 #13 Top DUmmie
2005 #12 Top DUmmie

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

kentuck, who was born in 1947 in Kentucky, lives in a little green house in or around Colorado Springs, Colorado.  After serving a couple of years in the U.S. Army during the late 1960s, he became a dockworker, truck driver, electrician, and an order processor for a company that prints business forms.  Married, no known children, but unless they’re primitives that’s irrelevant.

kentuck is a master of asking stupid questions, but that might or might not be simply a pose; perhaps it might be his way of attempting to inspire discussion, much as a teacher in a classroom might make a simple-minded comment to provoke students into thinking.

And like a school teacher using such a technique, kentuck alleges to “wonder,” but usually it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t “wonder;” he’s already made up his mind.

Where kentuck is at his best, his most ridiculous, his most entertaining, are those times he alleges to know what conservatives and Republicans think, or what our motives are.  This, more so than his asking “stupid questions,” is probably responsible for most of his fame.

Of course kentuck has no idea what those on this side really think.  It’s along the same lines that while a sane person can successfully masquerade as an insane person, an insane person can’t really imitate a sane person.  Which is why someone from here can fruitfully mole Skins’s island or Manny’s message-board, while a primitive from either locale can’t pull it off here.

Just like a broken clock can be right two times a day, there’s a remote chance one of these days kentuck might get something right.  But it hasn’t happened yet.

Next Up: #03 Top DUmmie of 2016; time for hypertensive ol’ Bob to sidle to the edge of his chair
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:32:18 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: #04 Top DUmmie of 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:17:17 AM »
He finally broke the top 5??????????????????????

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 05:20:43 AM »

I think it's high time, although given the competition, his prior record's nothing about which he needs to feel ashamed.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 05:49:45 AM »

Yet another thing Trump has accomplished, and he's not even yet president.  Kentuck went super stupid after the election, which I feel booted him into the top five.  I have faithfully voted for him in my top ten every single year. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 05:53:36 AM »
Kentuck went super stupid after the election, which I feel booted him into the top five.

Yeah, and this pretty much took the cake, for me:

kentuck (77,918 posts)     Mon Dec 26, 2016, 03:39 PM

Democrats are naturally inclined to consensus, compromise, and working together.

Republicans are exactly the opposite.

It would be "unnatural" for Democrats to oppose Donald Trump on everything. It is not in their nature. That is one of the reasons they are Democrats - they look for ways to work together to resolve problems within our society.

This could create problems with the grassroots that want to oppose Trump on everything. It isn't going to happen. Democrats will be Democrats and look for compromise and consensus. 

It just blows my mind, that anybody would believe this crap.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 07:24:25 AM »
Yeah, and this pretty much took the cake, for me:

It just blows my mind, that anybody would believe this crap.

Yeah, after the way DU-folk divided CHILL-Bern and treated each other hideously, and given the generally fractious atmosphere there on DU, that post was I-can't-believe-you-said-that-grade silly.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:00:42 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 09:17:01 AM »
I personally promoted his case for 10 years.  Never as #1, but in the group picture.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 10:42:06 AM »
I personally promoted his case for 10 years.  Never as #1, but in the group picture.

It'd be interesting to speculate upon who the remaining three are; there's them, and the franksolich  yet to be announced.

Some whom I thought were shoo-ins--Cryano, the big guy in Bellevue, Attila Marc the Hun--didn't crack the top ten, and of the three remaining, I didn't vote for two of them.

I suppose everyone's reasonably confident about one winner.

And there's always the franksolich, given to a primitive who belongs with the Top DUmmies, but who wasn't even nominated and voted upon; the horse so dark one couldn't even see him (excepting myself) in broad daylight.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 10:59:56 AM »
It'd be interesting to speculate upon who the remaining three are; there's them, and the franksolich  yet to be announced.

Some whom I thought were shoo-ins--Cryano, the big guy in Bellevue, Attila Marc the Hun--didn't crack the top ten, and of the three remaining, I didn't vote for two of them.

And there's always the franksolich, given to a primitive who belongs with the Top DUmmies, but who wasn't even nominated and voted upon; the horse so dark one couldn't even see him (excepting myself) in broad daylight.

The Omaha lard-ass has been a shell of his former self since his encounter with the "Friends of Steve Dawes".
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 11:10:56 AM »
The Omaha lard-ass has been a shell of his former self since his encounter with the "Friends of Steve Dawes".

Very true; he was considerably humbled.

But I for one don't think he was humiliated nearly enough for his overweening arrogance; he's still up in the air and needs brought down to earth.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 11:34:39 AM »

That's why it is always kinda like Christmas when I count the votes.  Never know for sure how it'll turn out.  But being a long time credentialed accountant, would NEVER tip the scales.  And no one has accused me of doing so.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 03:17:04 PM »
Yet another thing Trump has accomplished, and he's not even yet president.  Kentuck went super stupid after the election, which I feel booted him into the top five.  I have faithfully voted for him in my top ten every single year.

#winningsomuchithurts

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 04:26:03 PM »

Of the Short Bus.

:)
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 05:21:39 PM »

sometimes I feel like the 4 year-old when the parents spell out b-a-t-h or -n-a-p.
It's driving me nuts not knowing the back story on all this stuff.
I guess that happens when you show up on year 15...  i think I missed a whole lot of funny shit

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 05:29:25 PM »
sometimes I feel like the 4 year-old when the parents spell out b-a-t-h or -n-a-p.
I guess that happens when you show up on year 15...  i think I missed a whole lot of funny shit

Don't forget to ask if you don't know, and want to know.

"grasswire: Wingnut CAVERS have put up a false web site for OS" (March 21, 2012)
https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=70733.0

There's lots more but this is the main one.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »

If you think you've missed it over the last 10-15 years, just wait.

A whole lot of funny shit is gonna happen over the next 4-8 years.

I. Can't. Wait.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 05:38:19 PM »

Well, I think it's safe to say that Hopalong Bob has the top honors wrapped up.  For the others, I'm suspecting going to make a few guesses:

sheshe2 for #2, and bravenak for #3. 

I'm reasonably sure about both, although diabeticman could have made a really strong showing.  The other variable is that I'm operating off of little knowledge about the goings on at DU Jr. 

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 05:40:56 PM »

Yes, do ask.  It's great fun to relive these moments.   :-)

Offline DUmpstruck

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 06:09:33 PM »
That's why it is always kinda like Christmas when I count the votes.  Never know for sure how it'll turn out.  But being a long time credentialed accountant, would NEVER tip the scales.  And no one has accused me of doing so.
Still waiting to see some of the love letters from Skin's Island regarding the voting.   :tongue:

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 08:28:14 PM »
Yes, FZ, just ask.  I think a lot of us keep an archive of the choicest links on our PC's for use down the road.  It's hilarious to visit memory lane.  The earwig incident may have been lost, though.  Did anyone save it?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 09:24:02 PM »
The earwig incident may have been lost, though.  Did anyone save it?

Yeah, it's right here in the DUmpster.

I made sure Funks got a copy of it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 09:26:36 PM »
Yes, FZ, just ask.  I think a lot of us keep an archive of the choicest links on our PC's for use down the road.  It's hilarious to visit memory lane.  The earwig incident may have been lost, though.  Did anyone save it?

Also, for Karin or any other interested parties:  https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=62285.0

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 09:28:05 PM »
Also, for Karin or any other interested parties:  https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=62285.0

Yep, that's the one I passed on.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2016, 09:35:46 PM »
Yep, that's the one I passed on.

Was it just me, or were direct links to past threads acting funny a few days ago?  I hope the franksolich computer curse hasn't passed to my computer.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2016, 09:53:50 PM »
Was it just me, or were direct links to past threads acting funny a few days ago?  I hope the franksolich computer curse hasn't passed to my computer.

It had to do with some revamping of the site.  It's probably all cleared up now, or most of it.

Don't ask me; all I observed was that http was suddenly changed to https on links.  I have no idea why.  Apparently all links are to be https now.
apres moi, le deluge