Author Topic: No kids tonight!  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Lauri

No kids tonight!
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:29:28 PM »
Its finally happened. almost a year ago we bought a new house and we are NEVER alone... never.

tonight, both our kids are with friends and we have the place all to ourselves!

so.. we made a nice dinner... sat in the hot tub and the dog slept in the snow in the grass like a big old bear..

we did some other stuff.. and now we are just relaxing ...

what do you do with alone time with the spouse or significant other?

tonight was a perrrrfect evening.. i am a lucky woman..  :popcorn:

Offline Lauri

Re: No kids tonight!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 02:47:03 PM »
ok, well, in case anyone is interested.. ( :popcorn:)   we still have no kids home and its 12:45 pm Saturday morning..

we contemplated going shopping, so we could look and talk and think without being constantly interrupted by the 8 year old.. but the weather is turning very, very cold today and the rain might get a bit icey.

so we are still at home.. listening to music and surfing a bit. my husband is puttering in the kitchen, making some chops of some sort..

i have hummus and crackers..

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 02:51:26 PM »
Do you have a log fire ...  :evillaugh:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 03:02:54 PM »

i was about to type "no, we dont" then realized we do have a chimenia in the backyard near the hot tub.. its been raining too much to use it though.

but we have a big, craggy rock fireplace in our new home... its fairly enormous and puts out a heck of a lot of heat.

why do you ask?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 03:06:20 PM »

i was about to type "no, we dont" then realized we do have a chimenia in the backyard near the hot tub.. its been raining too much to use it though.

but we have a big, craggy rock fireplace in our new home... its fairly enormous and puts out a heck of a lot of heat.

why do you ask?

If you have to ask then certain parts of you have atrophied...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 03:09:55 PM »

why do you ask?

Cold weather, no kids about it seemed the ideal opportunity to make the most of a romantic open fire.  I can sit and contemplate open flames, drink wine and chat for ages (and there is the more adults only opportunity too).

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 03:12:20 PM »

why do you ask?

Cold weather, no kids about it seemed the ideal opportunity to make the most of a romantic open fire.  I can sit and contemplate open flames, drink wine and chat for ages (and there is the more adults only opportunity too).

oh yeah, that was the 'other stuff' up in the OP that I was talking about ...  :-)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 03:16:39 PM »

why do you ask?

Cold weather, no kids about it seemed the ideal opportunity to make the most of a romantic open fire.  I can sit and contemplate open flames, drink wine and chat for ages (and there is the more adults only opportunity too).

oh yeah, that was the 'other stuff' up in the OP that I was talking about ...  :-)
Oh good. Because it might have been suduko.  :rotf:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »

why do you ask?

Oh good. Because it might have been suduko.  :rotf:

oh gosh no ..! we are adults in our prime... thank you very much  :-)