Author Topic: Well! Looky there! There is a GoFundMe Account set up for that pizza joint  (Read 32369 times)

Online CC27

Star Member A HERETIC I AM (14,121 posts)

Well! Looky there! There is a GoFundMe Account set up for that pizza joint in Indiana.

it has raised over $56,000 in 14 hours! YAY!

Some of the comments are pretty funny, many claiming they have to stand up for their "Religious liberties" because, you know.....hating people is a liberty and all.

http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza

Now I honestly don't want them run out of business, they'll do that on their own if they make crappy pizza and have bad service practices. What is so amazing to me about all this, and not just Indiana but everywhere this sort of thing makes news, is that so many religiously fundamentalist types think that they have god on their side when they express hatred toward a particular type or class of human being. It's been going on a long time, I realize, it's just now we hear about it so quickly.

Go and donate a buck and that allows you to post a comment. Tell them what you think, just like that dopey sherriff who hated the ACA and then needed medical care he couldn't afford. Liberals came out in droves and gave him money, but not without a piece of their mind!

Came out in droves? Nice added bouncy.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026449976

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Another stochastic terrorist that cannot distinguish what actually happened vice what its programming tells it to feel.  At no time did the owner state she wouldn't sit and serve queers, nor did she ever utter one hateful thing.

How this mindless trash is able to breathe the same air as civilized people is beyond me.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Online CC27

Another stochastic terrorist that cannot distinguish what actually happened vice what its programming tells it to feel.  At no time did the owner state she wouldn't sit and serve queers, nor did she ever utter one hateful thing.

How this mindless trash is able to breathe the same air as civilized people is beyond me.

Amen to that. The woman did nothing. Poor lady is hiding in her home because she is so scared.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse

Wasp, they hold their breath while typing. Failure to do so, is multi-tasking and they'd screw one of them up.
Unfortunately, it's usually the typing. I'm sure your familiar with gNads word salads.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline chitownchica

The donations keep rolling in. They're up to 129k :-).

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
The commies see this as a way to get democraticks elected and the sad queers think this will make you love them.  The other 95% of the country just want them to shut up.  Fortunately, this is going to go the way of CFL and they will end up with egg (or something nastier) on their face.

Offline chitownchica

They are at $178k.  I hope they hit 1M.

Offline BuzzClik

They are at $178k.  I hope they hit 1M.

There is money to be made by appealing to the intolerant tendencies of the right wing. Chik-fil-A proved that already.

Offline Bad Dog

There is money to be made by appealing to the intolerant tendencies of the right wing. Chik-fil-A proved that already.

Indeed. Pisses you off don't it.

Offline thundley4

More like conservatives don't like people being targeted and threatened unfairly.  Some cash is way more effective than healing white light or good vibes.

Offline BuzzClik

Indeed. Pisses you off don't it.

Not in the slightest. I've been watching this for decades. I voted twice for Reagan, but was disgusted by the hateful attitudes of a loud minority in the GOP during the Bush41 campaign. I have not voted for a Republican since, and I have no regrets.

But pissed off? Nah. Just relieved I'm no longer associated.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

yeah, I guess keeping the Sabbath by not compelling the Chik-Fil-A employees to work on Sunday is real, real intolerant.

And, lest you think you libs haven't been effective in demonstrating your own intolerance, Chik-Fil-A's Wiki article says:

In March 2014, tax filings for 2012 showed the group stopped funding all but one organization which had been previously criticized.

You know, of course, that CFA made donations to groups that don't march to your drumbeat. Just like George Soros and just like most corporations.

Who's intolerant now? CFA has bowed out of the political and social fights, as is their right.

They just wanna make money and leave the browbeating to you guys.  :-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline BuzzClik

More like conservatives don't like people being targeted and threatened unfairly.  Some cash is way more effective than healing white light or good vibes.

Wow. Consistency is not one of your strengths, is it? A backlash develops when this pizza joint refuses service to GBLTs, and you consider the backlash to be unfair targeting?

Hey, whatever helps you live with yourself.

Offline Bad Dog

Not in the slightest. I've been watching this for decades. I voted twice for Reagan, but was disgusted by the hateful attitudes of a loud minority in the GOP during the Bush41 campaign. I have not voted for a Republican since, and I have no regrets.

But pissed off? Nah. Just relieved I'm no longer associated.

If you are going to try to lie to us try to be a little more creative.  You sound like one of Rush's forum callers.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Wow. Consistency is not one of your strengths, is it? A backlash develops when this pizza joint refuses service to GBLTs, and you consider the backlash to be unfair targeting?

They never refused service to anyone.  They were questioned by a reporter from a South Bend TV station 20 miles away and that was their response.  They were never asked to cater a wedding, gay or otherwise.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline chitownchica

Haha. Enjoy your misery.  It's up to 191k now.

Offline thundley4

They were deliberately targeted by the reporter because they were Christians. The reporter new what would happen or should have been aware how liberals would react to the story.

Offline BuzzClik

yeah, I guess keeping the Sabbath by not compelling the Chik-Fil-A employees to work on Sunday is real, real intolerant.
We are definitely not talking about the same thing.

Offline JakeStyle

She actually said that she would be happy to serve gays, lesbians whatever, she just didn't want to be involved in a gay wedding.

Offline BuzzClik

They were deliberately targeted by the reporter because they were Christians.

I was unaware and don't care what religion was being practiced by the owner.  Most Christians correctly find intolerance to be un-Christianly. It was the intolerant attitude that set people off.

If you're trying to sell O'Reilly's war on Christianity to me, it won't go. I'm a Christian and have no loathing of my religion or other Christians.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
We are definitely not talking about the same thing.

You apparently forgot that the CEO of CFA's initial announcement about his own personal disapproval of gay "marriage" created a shitstorm of biblical proportions, at the end of which he just went laughing all the way to the bank.

CFA's religious priorities are well known, and that includes their policy of not opening their restaurants on Sunday.

I think the term is "relevance."
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline JakeStyle

$199k Rush just gave them a lot of publicity.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti

Not nearly as much as there is to be made stoking racial hatred.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
A backlash develops when this pizza joint refuses service to GBLTs, and you consider the backlash to be unfair targeting?

You do know that your statement is about as factual as the "hands up, don't shoot" bullshit, right?

C.S. Lewis

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
$203,000  :panic:

7,153 people in 20 hours.  That's on average $28 per person

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.