Author Topic: A Holiday Post In Nadinese  (Read 953 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
A Holiday Post In Nadinese
« on: December 01, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »
Sun Dec 1, 2013, 05:15 PM
nadinbrzezinski (127,981 posts)

Ah the holidays, and loss.

After my brother died I said it would be a good idea to do a virtual irish wake (bring all the virtual drink you wish) to remember those who have gone before us, and how we will remember them.

So let me start this, with both my dad and my older brother.

Suffice it to say, they never had a good relationship, and I fear they never really learned to appreciate each other's quirks. Dad wanted Max to have a stable job, a good life, and all that. These were the things my brother really could not do fully.

So what are the things I remember both for?

My dad, well, we got fairly close near his death. One time we flew down there, he had to be in the Hospital on an emergency basis, for blood transfusions and my mom had a surgery in a completely different hospital, so I took care of dad.

That was somewhat special, watching weird foods with Zimmerman with dad and Bear Grills Survival program, and hearing war stories from WW II. Some of them he never told anybody but my husband and ironically my older brother, who could not believe them. He told me those since he said I would also get it since I have been in a few shoot outs. While they were never as intense, I did get it. What he did, he did to survive, fully. I will leave it at that.

My brother, well over the years he became increasingly right wing. Oh I must admit, he truly hated the fact that Americans elected that man in the WH. If he had been in the States he would have been your archetypical white male, aka tea party. His emais, I stopped reading them a long time ago, included jokes that were on the far right of the spectrum, and he sent those to my mother too, so that did not help. Nevertheless, when one day I managed to get on the phone with him four months ago, and he started to spout those jokes, I went he must be doing better. So yes. I will remember him for those jokes and it is a mixed memory.

He was my little window into RW ideology and how pervasive it is. He was also very jealous of the rest of his siblings, especially my brother since well, he is very successful in his field, and I mean extremely successful. He works seven days a week, and if he did not have vacation he would do this 365 days of the year. So when people people start talking about doctor pay, he has earned every red cent of what he gets paid, and as an employee he hardly makes that much. But due to those jealousies my older brother really never asked. People travel from all over the world to see my other brother, but my older brother never dared ask. My other brother kept up with it, and talked with his doctors, but such is life. He was willing to use an air ambulance, but my older brother never said yes.

So things that I will remember, my dad's sense of humor and going on with life, and his...let's call it what it is, atheism. Where was god when his family got massacred during the holocaust? Yet he still sent us to a Jewish School and we attended temple every year. He loved the music. Oh and he did listen to midnight mass every year on the TV from the Vatican. He loved religious music, and Yddish songs.

My brother for his love of pure bred dogs. I got the photo of the only one that staid at home. His love for his daugher and wife, and yes, his bad right wing humor. I might not have been able to stand it, but it was what made him what he was.

So, to the both of them,
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024117328

Here's a Pepsi challenge. Take the bolded paragraph (or any other paragraph, your choice) and translate it from nadinese into standard English.

I will bet that no two people come up with the same translation.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: A Holiday Post In Nadinese
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:35:37 PM »
Good Lord.  :mental:

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 04:41:50 PM »
Sun Dec 1, 2013, 05:33 PM
nadinbrzezinski (127,984 posts)
5. Good, memories are good

What?
Anyway, I lay even odds that this thread will spawn a kerfunkle before it dies.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 04:59:21 PM »
Can that even be translated into English?
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 05:12:31 PM »
He was my little window into RW ideology and how pervasive it is. He was also very jealous of the rest of his siblings, especially my brother since well, he is very successful in his field, and I mean extremely successful. He works seven days a week, and if he did not have vacation he would do this 365 days of the year. So when people people start talking about doctor pay, he has earned every red cent of what he gets paid, and as an employee he hardly makes that much. But due to those jealousies my older brother really never asked. People travel from all over the world to see my other brother, but my older brother never dared ask. My other brother kept up with it, and talked with his doctors, but such is life. He was willing to use an air ambulance, but my older brother never said yes.
The younger brother is a worthless bum. The old brother works hard for what he has.
The younger brother wants what the older has.
The older one said no.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 05:14:14 PM »
Plonk plonk, plonkety plonk plonk, ker-plonk no plonking metaplonk.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 05:19:16 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 05:23:39 PM »
The younger brother is a worthless bum. The old brother works hard for what he has.
The older one said no.

That was a reverse tomahawk plonk! with some in-your-face goodness . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
The older one said no.

No the other brother is the younger brother who is also a doctor. 
The older brother is the brother that passed and he was so envious of the other brother that he wouldn't ask for help, which the other brother may or may not have offered, I have no idea.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 05:40:39 PM »
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 05:48:04 PM »
He told me those since he said I would also get it since I have been in a few shoot outs.

Vintage nadin.

But what about the Jewish atheist father who apparently confessed war crimes to his nutcase daughter?

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 05:49:29 PM »
gNads the Incomprehensible

After my brother died I said it would be a good idea to do a virtual irish wake

So now gNads is Irish, too?

I need to go check her resume' for that one.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 07:36:58 PM »
 :thatsright: WTF??? Im not going to even try to translate that garbled mess.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 07:52:21 PM »
After my brother died I said it would be a good idea to do a virtual irish wake

That's a common reaction to the death of a sibling, isn't it?

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 08:37:19 PM »
No the other brother is the younger brother who is also a doctor. 
The older brother is the brother that passed and he was so envious of the other brother that he wouldn't ask for help, which the other brother may or may not have offered, I have no idea.

No. the other other brother smothered the other brother with over offers of brother other.  Even after the other brother offered the brother (not the other), the other other said the other could cover the brother with love.  But the loved other brother could not ever love the other other brother so he offered a cover offer.

Instead the other brother said he wan't going to cover the offer.

And then died.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »
No. the other other brother smothered the other brother with over offers of brother other.  Even after the other brother offered the brother (not the other), the other other said the other could cover the brother with love.  But the loved other brother could not ever love the other other brother so he offered a cover offer.

Instead the other brother said he wan't going to cover the offer.

And then died.

That's close.

You're within a shive or two of the right answer.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 08:40:05 PM »
That's close.

You're within a shive or two of the right answer.

Oh -- the OTHER brother died.

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »
Sun Dec 1, 2013, 05:15 PM
nadinbrzezinski (127,981 posts)

Ah the holidays, and loss.

After my brother died I said it would be a good idea to do a virtual irish wake (bring all the virtual drink you wish) to remember those who have gone before us, and how we will remember them.

So let me start this, with both my dad and my older brother.

Suffice it to say, they never had a good relationship, and I fear they never really learned to appreciate each other's quirks. Dad wanted Max to have a stable job, a good life, and all that. These were the things my brother really could not do fully.

So what are the things I remember both for?

My dad, well, we got fairly close near his death. One time we flew down there, he had to be in the Hospital on an emergency basis, for blood transfusions and my mom had a surgery in a completely different hospital, so I took care of dad.

That was somewhat special, watching weird foods with Zimmerman with dad and Bear Grills Survival program, and hearing war stories from WW II. Some of them he never told anybody but my husband and ironically my older brother, who could not believe them. He told me those since he said I would also get it since I have been in a few shoot outs. While they were never as intense, I did get it. What he did, he did to survive, fully. I will leave it at that.

My brother, well over the years he became increasingly right wing. Oh I must admit, he truly hated the fact that Americans elected that man in the WH. If he had been in the States he would have been your archetypical white male, aka tea party. His emais, I stopped reading them a long time ago, included jokes that were on the far right of the spectrum, and he sent those to my mother too, so that did not help. Nevertheless, when one day I managed to get on the phone with him four months ago, and he started to spout those jokes, I went he must be doing better. So yes. I will remember him for those jokes and it is a mixed memory.

So things that I will remember, my dad's sense of humor and going on with life, and his...let's call it what it is, atheism. Where was god when his family got massacred during the holocaust? Yet he still sent us to a Jewish School and we attended temple every year. He loved the music. Oh and he did listen to midnight mass every year on the TV from the Vatican. He loved religious music, and Yddish songs.

My brother for his love of pure bred dogs. I got the photo of the only one that staid at home. His love for his daugher and wife, and yes, his bad right wing humor. I might not have been able to stand it, but it was what made him what he was.

So, to the both of them,

Interesting she talks about her brother being more right wing. How right wing in her view?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 09:46:14 PM »
Oh -- the OTHER brother died.

What's on second, and I Don't Know is on third.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 09:50:21 PM »
What's on second, and I Don't Know is on third.

Stay OUTTA THE INFIELD!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 08:19:12 AM »
Crap, I wish I hadn't come back to check on this thread.
I need a drink.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 09:42:06 AM »
A thing is a terrible mind to waste.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 10:19:34 AM »
virtual irish wake ....either she's a cheap virtual funeral director or to cheap to buy some real liquor.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 12:47:30 PM »
She must play The Sims..........
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.