Author Topic: DU pro-gun forum: Do guns protect you from police?  (Read 1965 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
DU pro-gun forum: Do guns protect you from police?
« on: December 09, 2013, 05:22:56 PM »
pscot (16,069 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/1172133783

Do you believe owning guns
will protect you from the police?

OFFS.

oneshooter (6,328 posts)
24. If they are a threat then they should be disbanded and removed from power.

wait for it...

Xipe Totec (31,053 posts)
25. Indeed.

Or replaced by higher quality public servants.

like Barry's civilian police force!

pscot (16,069 posts)
8. I guess the number trigger happy police

who keep making the news, plus the suspicion that we may be headed for some fairly wide spread civil disorder as climate change begins to bite.

OutNow (700 posts)
9. No

But then I don't believe in owning guns for any reason.

Starboard Tack (8,340 posts)
14. Absolutely not. Guns are not designed to protect. They are designed to kill.

In fact, if you own a gun, you are more likely to be killed by a gun. If you carry a gun, you are even more likely to be killed, especially by the police, or some other idiot carrying a gun.
Avoiding guns altogether is the safest path, but then what would happen to "Family Fun Time".

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
Re: DU pro-gun forum: Do guns protect you from police?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 05:26:05 PM »
side note:  contrary to what someone said on here, I was able to post in DU's general discussion forum about the fact that I owned guns and hunted and was not banned. Thus far, it has gotten several replies in agreement and no hide. And 1 recommendation.

Just one more data point for you DU watchers.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 05:33:11 PM »
side note:  contrary to what someone said on here, I was able to post in DU's general discussion forum about the fact that I owned guns and hunted and was not banned. Thus far, it has gotten several replies in agreement and no hide. And 1 recommendation.

Just one more data point for you DU watchers.

Linkey please.  Not that I think you are a liar or anything but, you apparently lied in the thread in DU.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
Linkey please.  Not that I think you are a liar or anything but, you apparently lied in the thread in DU.

what are you talking about that I lied in the DU thread? You need help.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024154691

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 05:45:35 PM »
A brand new thread posted just for us. ^^^^^^^^^ How sweet.  :lmao: :loser:
Let's give it a little time before jumping to conclusions.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline hillneck

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
It's not a legit anti-gun scream until Ph-DD's shows up.   :rotf:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 05:51:13 PM »
what are you talking about that I lied in the DU thread? You need help.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024154691

You very carefully worded your post to say you hunted as a poor child to put food on the table,  You failed to mention that you still have at least one deadly weapon currently in your possession.  And you assiduously parroted the standard gun grabber mantra.  So of course nobody challenged your lame post and, damn few replied.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 05:52:23 PM »
I carry a gun for the same reason the police carry a gun.  I also don't hunt for anything other than small game. 

That means my firearms serve mostly as "pest control". 

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 05:53:58 PM »
You very carefully worded your post to say you hunted as a poor child to put food on the table,  You failed to mention that you still have at least one deadly weapon currently in your possession.  And you assiduously parroted the standard gun grabber mantra.  So of course nobody challenged your lame post and, damn few replied.

Well, his handle is "Pretzel_Warrior".  You can't get a more pretzel-like narrative than the one he deftly weaved at his link. 

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 05:54:19 PM »
Heather MC (6,135 posts)
8. Nothing wrong with hunting, but i bet you never needed an AR15, to take down

Bambi's cousins.

Too bad the whole amendment thing doesn't say you can only have guns for hunting.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »
I haven't hunted since I was a poor child like PeW. 

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 06:00:55 PM »

Too bad the whole amendment thing doesn't say you can only have guns for hunting.

Hey, PW will get all upset at you pointing out the fallacy of their favorite canard!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 06:17:08 PM »

Heather MC (6,135 posts)
8. Nothing wrong with hunting, but i bet you never needed an AR15, to take down

Bambi's cousins

I know right, I've never needed an AR-15 when hunting wood goats.  I actually prefer something with more ass behind it.  .300,  .30-06, .270, 7mm Mag, .308.....I still hunt wood goats and can afford to feed myself without killing them, I just like em, usually around medium rare.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 06:24:53 PM »
Hey, PW will get all upset at you pointing out the fallacy of their favorite canard!

Say, my family was not POOR, they hunted for the sport and the meat to eat later on in the season. The men and boys set off on the hunt to try out their man hood.     They were not in the streets showing off their manhood by knocking out expecting 80 year old, people.

Police for the most part are our saver's, we do have some dirty rotten bastards that get on the force but they do not last long.

I always feel comfortable around an armed cop.   Maybe because I am a woman and can not get out and duke it out with the bad guys.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 06:28:23 PM »
Say, my family was not POOR, they hunted for the sport and the meat to eat later on in the season. The men and boys set off on the hunt to try out their man hood.     They were not in the streets showing off their manhood by knocking out expecting 80 year old, people.

Police for the most part are our saver's, we do have some dirty rotten bastards that get on the force but they do not last long.

I always feel comfortable around an armed cop.   Maybe because I am a woman and can not get out and duke it out with the bad guys.

You don't need to worry about protection ever, just start talking and the bad guy will fall asleep faster than a man after sex.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 06:38:38 PM »

Prog's, like PeW , problem with police and the military is that individuals who have the stones to enforce public safety tend to be of a conservative bent.  Liberals don't have the devotion or balls to stand on the wall for their fellow man.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 06:43:43 PM »
I haven't hunted since I was a poor child like PeW. 

I have many, many firearms.
And I don't hunt animals.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 06:47:23 PM »

However, if the animals come hunting for you...  :whistling:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 06:49:24 PM »

Emphasizing your complete misunderstanding of the 2nd Amendment doesn't really bode well for responses to you, now does it?

Hint: It isn't about hunting nor is it about self-defense although those are really good byproducts.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline jukin

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 07:19:19 PM »

I go deer or pig hunting a few times a year. I go trap shooting many times a year. I have many weapons that are not good for either.

BTW more people are murdered by hammers than rifles including assault rifles.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 12:20:12 AM »
I don't know why they keep bringing up that there is no reason to use an AR-15 for hunting when it is perfect for taking coyotes and and woodchucks and other game. there is no differance between it and the round that comes out of any other .223 cal. rifle or pistol.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 01:00:36 AM »
I don't know why they keep bringing up that there is no reason to use an AR-15 for hunting when it is perfect for taking coyotes and and woodchucks and other game. there is no differance between it and the round that comes out of any other .223 cal. rifle or pistol.

Because an AR looks scary to them. 

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 06:29:15 AM »
Because an AR looks scary to them. 

BOO!

On a side note, I have noticed that cops are more polite to CCW permit holders than most folks.  (In VA, it shows up on the DMV report when they run your licence.)
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 06:49:52 AM »
BOO!

On a side note, I have noticed that cops are more polite to CCW permit holders than most folks.  (In VA, it shows up on the DMV report when they run your licence.)

Lawmen (and women) are always polite to me. Maybe that's why.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »
You rang??
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”