Author Topic: It's true.. I'm insane  (Read 1987 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
It's true.. I'm insane
« on: March 25, 2009, 09:04:38 AM »
Ava  (1000+ posts)        Tue Mar-24-09 10:06 PM
Original message
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8635250

It's true.. I'm insane
 Edited on Tue Mar-24-09 10:07 PM by Ava
I just tucked my little sisters(the twins are 7 and the oldest is 8) into bed. I was babysitting tonight.. since my Mom and Stepdad went to a basketball game. When I babysit and tuck them in at night I tend to play goofy with them - do an accent and put on a goodnight "show" lol. Tonight one of the twins decided to video without me knowing and I've been laughing at the video for awhile now. Tonight I played the role of "mean French babysitter" - which included a horrible French accent and lines such as "I will put you outside with ze cats!". They're still giggling in their room now. Am I insane? Yes. Does it entertain them? Yes.

Mission accomplished. Now my Mother will come home and wonder why they're still awake and giggling. 

I'm going to miss them when I leave for school in the fall. I think they'll miss me too, along with my craziness.

Nah....being a memeber of DU...now that's insane.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: It's true.. I'm insane
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 09:08:38 AM »
A 7 year old knew how to set up a video recorder with out Ava knowing .... hmmmmm ....

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 09:10:35 AM »
A 7 year old knew how to set up a video recorder with out Ava knowing .... hmmmmm ....

My thoughts, too, which is why after reading this I figured the chin-challenged lil Ava is lying, so I moved on.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:11:31 AM »
My thoughts, too, which is why after reading this I figured the chin-challenged lil Ava is lying, so I moved on.

chin-challenged.   :lmao:

You, sir, are good.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »

You, sir, are good.

KC

I dunno why her doting mother never had that taken care of; plastic surgery is cheaper when one's young.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 09:25:21 AM »
One of Ava's replyers called her "truly brilliant" (there's that overused word again).  Then, Adbot told everybody to "grow up."   :lmao:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 09:30:34 AM »

You, sir, are good.

KC

To elaborate a little bit further here, lest it be thought I'm not a nice guy.

I've always been fascinated by the phenomenonae of physical deformities and their effect upon self-esteem.  I suppose this is natural, given that I myself was born absent ears, although I have it easier than most people, because all I have to do is wear my hair long, and no one notices.

Because I have to read lips, and usually really close, I'm generally more aware of dental problems and mouth hygiene than just about anybody but dentists.

Ever since I was a little lad, I was always impressed that people with bad teeth seemed to have self-esteem problems.  This was later reinforced when as an adult I observed other alcoholics. 

I feel so strongly about the matter that, in my adult life, I've actually gone out of my way to pay to have teeth in other people fixed--four times, at costs ranging from $200 to $700, out of my own pocket.  And most happily, I was right; correction of these deformities led to heightened self-esteem, more sociability, and better jobs.....and in one case, a naturally-occurring weight loss of over 150 pounds.

Little things can do much.

Lil Ava of course has that problem in her jaw receding into her neck, hardly any chin at all.  Many people might not notice it, but Lil Ava, as well as franksolich, is well aware of it, and it has affected her, making her stupider than she needs to be.

One suspects the reason Lil Ava was home-schooled (as compared with her sisters, who apparently were not) was that mom wanted to protect her, shield her, from teasing and taunts by her peers.

Instead of spending all that time and trouble, mom should've just had a chin planted on Lil Ava when Lil Ava was much younger.  It makes sense; we correct cleft palates.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 09:43:48 AM »
To elaborate a little bit further here, lest it be thought I'm not a nice guy.

I've always been fascinated by the phenomenonae of physical deformities and their effect upon self-esteem.  I suppose this is natural, given that I myself was born absent ears, although I have it easier than most people, because all I have to do is wear my hair long, and no one notices.

Because I have to read lips, and usually really close, I'm generally more aware of dental problems and mouth hygiene than just about anybody but dentists.

Ever since I was a little lad, I was always impressed that people with bad teeth seemed to have self-esteem problems.  This was later reinforced when as an adult I observed other alcoholics. 

I feel so strongly about the matter that, in my adult life, I've actually gone out of my way to pay to have teeth in other people fixed--four times, at costs ranging from $200 to $700, out of my own pocket.  And most happily, I was right; correction of these deformities led to heightened self-esteem, more sociability, and better jobs.....and in one case, a naturally-occurring weight loss of over 150 pounds.

Little things can do much.

Lil Ava of course has that problem in her jaw receding into her neck, hardly any chin at all.  Many people might not notice it, but Lil Ava, as well as franksolich, is well aware of it, and it has affected her, making her stupider than she needs to be.

One suspects the reason Lil Ava was home-schooled (as compared with her sisters, who apparently were not) was that mom wanted to protect her, shield her, from teasing and taunts by her peers.

Instead of spending all that time and trouble, mom should've just had a chin planted on Lil Ava when Lil Ava was much younger.  It makes sense; we correct cleft palates.

You're like my wife in that respect.  She notices things like that while I tend to bumble through life looking at an overall picture and missing the finer points.

It is really interesting to hear her tell a story because she caught so much more than I did.  Where I may have known more of what was going on in the whole she knows more ..... detail.

KC

*Stolen

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 10:50:22 AM »
You know I have bad teeth and gums but I doubt $7000 would do the job. Maybe I can win a comic contest.... :-)

self-esteem?? I DREAM of being other people and yup, I am fat!!

but since I would rather be homeless than... wait those people took your gifts?? How did you get them to do that?? Birthdays or Christmases or something??

Just send me some mouthwash form my halitosis and I would be fine. =o)

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 11:05:08 AM »
You're like my wife in that respect.  She notices things like that while I tend to bumble through life looking at an overall picture and missing the finer points.

It is really interesting to hear her tell a story because she caught so much more than I did.  Where I may have known more of what was going on in the whole she knows more ..... detail.

There's advantages and disadvantages to looking at things as a big picture not noticing the details, or looking at things in detail missing the big picture.

It's six of one thing, half a dozen of another thing, and so it evens out.

I'm thinking of a high school class reunion some years ago, around the turn of the century, where I had a long conversation with a long-ago classmate, a girl who from about four years of age until she was a teenager, had to wear heavy metal braces on her legs.  It wasn't polio--this was some years too late for polio--but something else.

As a girl, she always wanted to wear long dresses, to cover up the braces.

Long dresses for girls were NOT fashionable at the time.

Her parents would not let her wear long dresses; she had to wear dresses about the same length as those of her sisters and peers, which were about knee-high, exposing the heavy metal braces.

She was (is) a decent and civilized person, but confessed during our conversation that this had caused her some, uh, inner personal problems, this deformity being so blatant.

If she had been my daughter, if she wanted to wear long dresses even if out of style, she could have worn long dresses.  She was after all up against something with which the rest of us never had to deal, and possessed natural instincts to "guide" her on the best means of dealing with the problem.   And she wasn't bad-looking or anything; she would've stood out in a crowd with a long dress, but not in any negative sense.

The only thing I could figure out about the attitude of her parents is that they were two of the town's few Democrats, and being Democrats, they were naturally insensitive to the needs of others.

Me, from about the age of four years until twelve, I preferred the "page-boy" sort of haircut (but about half an inch, an inch, longer), so as to disguise the absent ears.  I assure you the "page-boy" haircut was NOT in style at the time, but for me, it served its purpose.

Rather than enduring a kid hollering at his mother, "Hey, mom, look at that boy with no ears!", I had to endure only an occasional kid hollering at his mother, "Hey, mom, look at that boy who looks like a girl!"

Life rarely offers a choice between something "good" and something "bad;" more usually, the choice is between something "bad" and something "worse," and so one makes out the best one can.

(After about twelve years of age, I started wearing my hair, still long, pretty much the way the house-losing cymbals-clanging primitive, the "Symbolman" primitive, wears his, which is more socially-acceptable.)
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lanie

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 11:13:01 AM »

KC

It happens. I sometimes get my niece to "fix" things for me. lol.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 11:28:01 AM »
It happens. I sometimes get my niece to "fix" things for me. lol.

I know young kids can do some pretty cool stuff with electronics and such but you tell me .... a second grader who not only knows how to operate the video camera but can hide it where it captures the scene she wants to film.

I don't know of any second grader who could do that.  None.  Course, I'm in south east Texas where we're all idiots.

KC

*Stolen

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 12:10:25 PM »
I know young kids can do some pretty cool stuff with electronics and such but you tell me .... a second grader who not only knows how to operate the video camera but can hide it where it captures the scene she wants to film.

I don't know of any second grader who could do that.  None.  Course, I'm in south east Texas where we're all idiots.

KC

The child outsmarted a DUmmie, not hard to do

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 12:11:35 PM »
I wonder....

...if Ava does requests....
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »

KC

That is a child that one should stay on the good side of.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.