Author Topic: RUSSIANS HACKED THE VOTE!!!!  (Read 852 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
RUSSIANS HACKED THE VOTE!!!!
« on: April 28, 2019, 01:43:14 PM »
Star Member cilla4progress (11,009 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212051241

So the Russians DID have ability to hack vote tallies (NYT)
SNIP:

It was the day before the 2016 presidential election, and at the Volusia County elections office, near Florida’s Space Coast, workers were so busy that they had fallen behind on their correspondence.

Lisa Lewis, the supervisor of elections, stumbled on an important email sent to her and three others in the office, by then a week old, that appeared to be from VR Systems, the vendor that sells electronic voter list equipment to nearly every county in the state. “Please take a look at the instructions for our modernised products,” it said, using British spelling and offering an attachment. Something about the email seemed off.

“It was from Gmail,” Ms. Lewis said. “They don’t have Gmail.”

Ms. Lewis, it turned out, was right to be suspicious. Though it had VR Systems’ distinctive logo, with a red V and a blue R, the email contained a malicious Trojan virus, and it originated not from the elections vendor but from the Russian military intelligence unit known as the G.R.U. The email had been sent to 120 elections email accounts across Florida.

OH! NO!

::)

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (70,913 posts)

5. According to this article, they did not change any vote totals.

But they could have changed voter registration records.

:rotf:

triron (11,976 posts)

13. And that's all it would take to change votes to non-votes.

Amounts virtually to the same thing as vote tallies.

:thatsright: No- that's not how it works. If you go to vote and you are not registered they have you either : 1) Go Register, 2) get a provisional ballot that's counted after your name is checked against rolls.

Star Member cilla4progress (11,009 posts)

20. That's my thinking...

Only a hop, skip and a jump to changing the outcome.

Again, I say: look at the margins in MI, WI, and PA in 2016 for trump - less than 1%.

IF someone was going to hack the vote tally, say, the GRU, would this not be the tactic? So much harder to prove, if only a slight edge.

Sorry..this is where I go all conspiratorial.

:thatsright: ****ing idiots...

triron (11,976 posts)

26. Guess I do too. Except the circumstantial evidence strongly suggests

it happened, and may likely happen in 2020 (perhaps even moreso).

:thatsright: :thatsright: :mental: :mental: :thatsright: :thatsright: :mental: :mental:

Star Member sharedvalues (5,674 posts)

61. Not to mention 2018 FL elections: Scott (Sen) stole it?

It seems very likely that:
Scott: FL-Sen
DeSantis: FL-Sen
Kemp: GA-Gov

All are illegitimate.
First, we know each used standard GOP voter suppression. Do we know the Russians didn’t hack any of their registrations or votes?

of course... the 2018 elections were stolen by the russians as well...   :thatsright:

Star Member watoos (5,118 posts)

17. How do you know votes weren't changed?

How many machines were pulled out and independently audited?

Star Member uponit7771 (54,387 posts)

93. Come on, they can do much more with access than change "totals"

We know this already

triron (11,976 posts)

131. Bottom line: the Russians wanted Trump to win and they tried (and were successful in an unknown number) to hack into all 50 states election
systems. Exit polls and pre-election polls pointed to an HRC win.
According to an analysis done by Ron Baiman actual votes vs exit polls
skewed toward Trump with odds of 1 in 750000!

ElementaryPenguin (6,869 posts)

135. I read somewhere a figure exponentially higher than that...

Evidently, 23 of 25 states with exit polls - the final vote tallies were off - always the results were skewed in favor of Trump - if mistakes were random - they wouldn't always go one way. They stated that the odds of were the same as your odds of flipping a coin - and getting heads 23 times in a row - in which the odds are some gazillion to one!

With all the work Putin had done -still, on the eve of the election Hillary was heavily favored to win. WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE THING THAT PUTIN AND THE RUSSIANS WOULD JUST SETTLE FOR LOSING - AND NOT HACK THE VOTE TOTALS? BECAUSE IT WOULD BE TOO MEAN?

Princeton University computer experts were asked just BEFORE the 2016 election if Russia had the ability to hack our vote total - and their answer was a resounding "YES!!" "IT WOULD BE CHILD'S PLAY FOR THE RUSSIANS!"

:mental:

Chin music (1,302 posts)

6. We all knew it.

The gops platform is SO anti American, that having foreigners vote (essentially) for them, is the new normal. Voter fraud indeed. Computers are going to destroy this country.

loves_da_dems (43 posts)

24. You bet

How else could the Repubs win?
No more machines, paper ballots only.

Loki Liesmith (2,912 posts)

9. That's not what the article says

Voter rolls. Not vote tallies.

They are not remotely the same.

:fuelfire:

Star Member mopinko (52,471 posts)

69. no. they could turn registered voters into unregistered voters.

who could then vote provisional, or same day register, depending on the laws in that state.

and that's very different from being able to touch vote totals.

no. shit.

NewsCenter28 (958 posts)

113. It would bring down the republic

If we knew that our votes didn’t really matter, that the GOP and their Russian friends just hack the tallies or downright steal every election they really need to win.

Sucks that you’re mad at the OP and not the KGOP and Russia making your vote irrelevant!!

Star Member LiberalFighter (37,562 posts)

19. They could indirectly change the vote outcome.

If they have access to voter registration they could change the voter's status. Hopefully, the system is setup to log changes and require specific authorization.

:thatsright:

Star Member jimlup (6,268 posts)

157. As a resident of Michigan

I have a strong feeling, and it is only that (I have no direct evidence but I also know the Detroit precincts were messed up and I have to ask if wasn't a couple of KGB gremlins helping things along...) that the Michigan election was hacked. I can think of several ways to do it. I'm sure the KGB is smarter than I am. Seems like a no-brainer actually. I wish we had followed through with the damn recounts. Further, I think careful research on the voting profiles and trends needed to be done by knowledgeable political scientists to see if all this crap we are hearing about these alleged "Trump voters" is really true. I suspect that it isn't as true as we've come to believe.

Star Member lindysalsagal (10,653 posts)

32. HO. LEE. SHITE!!

Stolen election. Impeach!

:thatsright:

fwvinson (14 posts)

40. Russia changed votes.

We have been lied to so often, we cant know what is not a lie. They have said 26 state voting machines were infected. By Russia. What the **** do you think happened. That they just wanted to see if they could do it? The votes were changed. I contend the states of Minn., Pa, Ws, Mich, Florida and Ohio were changed, for sure. That means 20 more states votes were also changed. Russia changed the votes.

bluestarone (5,868 posts)

41. To add to this is this. The way they are acting today scares me because

They probably have a big plan to STEAL the 2020 election AGAIN!!  What can we do? totally helpless feeling here! VOTE like we never did before!!

NewsCenter28 (958 posts)

114. I am ENRAGED after reading this OP

It’s time for downright armed resurrection to deal with the KGOP neo-nazis!

:???: armed resurrection?

robbedvoter (27,795 posts)

148. But we are still blaming Hllary/Wisconsin, right? Because no way Russians

wold have used that ability, right?

:lol:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: RUSSIANS HACKED THE VOTE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 01:53:34 PM »
The crap they have to tell themselves..... :whatever:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 02:05:00 PM »
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Undies

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 04:19:18 PM »
Star Member jimlup (6,268 posts)

157. As a resident of Michigan

I have a strong feeling, and it is only that (I have no direct evidence but I also know the Detroit precincts were messed up and I have to ask if wasn't a couple of KGB gremlins helping things along...) that the Michigan election was hacked.

Wasn't Detroit the stopping point of Jill Stein's Amazing Re-Count Adventure due to so many democrat shenanigans were being exposed?

(How come, all over the country, everybody who ends up in front of a judge charged with "Voter Fraud" is a bought-and-paid-for democrat?)   

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 04:31:59 PM »
Chin music (1,302 posts)

6. We all knew it.

The gops platform is SO anti American, that having foreigners vote (essentially) for them, is the new normal. Voter fraud indeed. Computers are going to destroy this country.

But all the illegals and dead people you use don't count, right? :thatsright: :mental: :bird:

loves_da_dems (43 posts)

24. You bet

How else could the Repubs win?
No more machines, paper ballots only.

By having a better candidate with a vision for all us mere mortal Americans. asshole! :bird:

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 04:49:39 PM »
Well, DU-member cilla4progress didn't link to the article (s)he supposedly quoted. So we don't know whether the source is his/her rectum, a source known for being estranged from truth, or some more mainstream source (which haven't done too well of late in the truth department). Nor can we tell when the article was written or the full account of what happened.

That said, it looks like the Russian government did some phishing and was unsuccessful. IOW, something that happens regularly to just about every business and government website - for many, multiple times a day. As NothingBurgers go this one doesn't even have a bun.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 06:57:36 PM »
Still don't believe the DUmmies until I see a gazillion Monte Carlo simulations done by Truth is All until it is proven.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 08:10:36 PM »
Quote from:
triron

131. Bottom line: the Russians wanted Trump to win

This is where it all falls apart. What parties ideology is closer to Marxism? The Democrats. Which candidate would have been easy to manipulate and control by Russia? Hillary.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 09:07:53 AM »
“Armed resurrection,” DUmmie?  Your side hates guns, and 65% to 70% of the military and LEOs in this country are on our side!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.