Author Topic: Limbaugh broadcasts dead air during commercial breaks  (Read 14229 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Limbaugh broadcasts dead air during commercial breaks
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2012, 12:14:13 AM »
:-* *smooch!*
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2012, 12:14:55 AM »
Carbonite is an off-site data backup/recovery service.  Honestly, that kind of thing is a dime a dozen. 

The only thing that makes Carbonite a household name is that they advertised on the Rush Limbaugh show.

I admit, I didn't listen to all of Rush's show on Friday, my Aunt is the 1 who told me Carbonite was back. I was shocked because the reaction towards Carbonite has been very negative from Rush listeners because the owner of Carbonite is a supporter of MoveOn.org, and many have stated they would never use the company again because of that.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2012, 12:16:33 AM »
:-* *smooch!*

smooch back at ya!

Now I'm heading to bed, and there's a Republican man in that bed who makes that chart look like a dot!

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2012, 12:17:46 AM »
When advertisers and sponsors sign on to Rush, they know in advance it's not a bunny slope ride.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2012, 12:20:38 AM »
The most expensive thing about services like Carbonite is their internet access.  Storage is cheap... you can get a terabyte of local storage for under $100.  You don't have to know what that means, but it's cheap.  It's like selling gas for 99-cents a gallon.  Their biggest expense is internet access.  All that stuff can be scheduled ahead of time if you know how many customers you have to keep your costs down.  It's damn near free money.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2012, 05:32:55 AM »
So I guess that about takes care of our lib friend's arguments. Next?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2012, 06:50:39 AM »
Damn--go to sleep early because of having to be up early, and all this happens! :thatsright:

I've got a feeling that our chew toy will go back to the septic tank it crawled out of and tell them it "schooled us," in an effort to get DUmb**** cred. ::)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2012, 08:44:11 AM »
Carbonite is an off-site data backup/recovery service.  Honestly, that kind of thing is a dime a dozen. 

The only thing that makes Carbonite a household name is that they advertised on the Rush Limbaugh show.

Exactly!!!
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2012, 10:05:44 AM »
The most expensive thing about services like Carbonite is their internet access.  Storage is cheap... you can get a terabyte of local storage for under $100.  You don't have to know what that means, but it's cheap.  It's like selling gas for 99-cents a gallon.  Their biggest expense is internet access.  All that stuff can be scheduled ahead of time if you know how many customers you have to keep your costs down.  It's damn near free money.

And yet they're still losing money.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »
Well damn Ballygrl - I've always respected you but you've just gone up several notches on the respect scale!  Good job for telling the way it is!  And yes, we do like our big strong republican men, don't we?  They take care of their own, and in more ways than one.   :naughty:

:yahoo:

What I want to know is - WHY ARE WE EVEN TALKING ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL?  If you need it, go get it yourself and quit asking other people to pay for it.  Have some damn self respect, liberal women. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2012, 06:02:20 PM »
Well damn Ballygrl - I've always respected you but you've just gone up several notches on the respect scale!  Good job for telling the way it is!  And yes, we do like our big strong republican men, don't we?  They take care of their own, and in more ways than one.   :naughty:

:yahoo:

What I want to know is - WHY ARE WE EVEN TALKING ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL?  If you need it, go get it yourself and quit asking other people to pay for it.  Have some damn self respect, liberal women. 

They went from earning the bacon and frying it up in a pan to wanting the government to pay for their birth control.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »
I love our women. :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2012, 10:44:22 PM »
They went from earning the bacon and frying it up in a pan to wanting the government to pay for their birth control.
The shivering fits...
I Can Make A Man Outta You
Passionate, 4 but it seemed like 5 marriages...
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2012, 04:28:51 AM »
I would be glad to have an honest debate but don't start it off with a lie. Rush lies on a daily basis, all political commentators do, on both the left and the right.

Depending on the type of BC pill prescribed, it can cost from $750 to $1000 a year. BC must be taken daily regardless of activity, that is how it works. A shame the right is so repressed they know nothing about sex and are instead forced to call people a slut because they actually have any at all.

There are several issues the left is completely ignoring about this issue. To begin with Fluke is NOT some poor, put upon student...she's a 30 year old activist who deliberately chose a Catholic university to push this issue. She admitted this herself. She did NOT appear before congress, it was a rigged press conference set up to look like a congressional panel. She didn't get to speak before congress because they have rules that apply to both Democrats & Republicans about how much notification is needed to call an "expert" to testify. She's no expert. And the topic of the hearing wasn't whether she or anyone else "needed" to have birth control paid for by insurance but whether forcing a church that doesn't believe in birth control or abortion to copay for insurance that includes BC & abortion is a violation of their 1st Amendment rights. The state cannot tell a church what to do because that "wall of separation" you guys are always pointing out goes both ways. It's part of that whole "freedom of religion" thing. However, if it has suddenly become meaningless then so do all the Athiests' cries to have "God" removed from the public square since that wall no longer exists.

When I was younger, even when I only had a part time job while going to school, I paid for my own birth control. I was responsible for myself and had no expectations that anyone else should pay for it. I went to Planned Parenthood because they had a sliding scale and I ended up paying a very small amount (though it was a lot for me). I left with a little brown paper bag with birth control pills and condoms. I used a diaphragm for a while because it was what I could afford. But even IF the premise is true that birth control for the women of Georgetown does cost what would be earned during a part time summer job, so be it. BC pills are a choice. Condoms & foam are another choice. There are newer kinds of IUD's and BC injected under your skin, or that Nuva ring that suddenly makes women want to wear yellow swim suits & go swimming while protecting them from pregnancy.

Still, I'd like to know (though I'm late to the party and you may already have run off) why you think "the right" doesn't know anything about sex? In fact you couldn't be more wrong. A textbook on human sexuality (excerpt here) sites a study showing conservative women have more orgasms than liberal women. That means we're not laying back in the missionary position with our eyes closed making out the grocery list. Part of the left's problem is you put everyone in groups instead of seeing them as individuals. All conservatives must think the same (uptight, Evangelical, whatever), all women should be pro choice, all blacks should be Democrats as should all gays, etc. Granted, I don't know any pro abortion conservatives but we don't all think the same thing about God (plenty here don't believe in Him), we have varying opinions about gay marriage (I don't have a problem with it & think the government shouldn't be in the marriage business anyway), etc.

For all the bouncy stories you folks tell over there, when you're really confronted you simply don't do well. You come over here to prove a point (and it's brave of you to come when you know you're going to be hit with both barrels) but quickly start denigrating us. What kind of an argument is it to say "A shame the right is so repressed they know nothing about sex and are instead forced to call people a slut because they actually have any at all." It's simply not true and I think most here could care less if Ms. Fluke has sex 5 times a day every day of her life, but we do expect her to take responsibility for herself.

How about a discussion of the real issue...why should the state think it has the right to force a religion to go against one of it's most sacred tenets by fiat. What gives Obama the right to just wave his hand and decide he can violate the 1st Amendment? And if you don't happen to think it doesn't then make your best argument for why it isn't.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2012, 05:15:03 AM »
There are several issues the left is completely ignoring about this issue. To begin with Fluke is NOT some poor, put upon student...she's a 30 year old activist who deliberately chose a Catholic university to push this issue. She admitted this herself. She did NOT appear before congress, it was a rigged press conference set up to look like a congressional panel. She didn't get to speak before congress because they have rules that apply to both Democrats & Republicans about how much notification is needed to call an "expert" to testify. She's no expert. And the topic of the hearing wasn't whether she or anyone else "needed" to have birth control paid for by insurance but whether forcing a church that doesn't believe in birth control or abortion to copay for insurance that includes BC & abortion is a violation of their 1st Amendment rights. The state cannot tell a church what to do because that "wall of separation" you guys are always pointing out goes both ways. It's part of that whole "freedom of religion" thing. However, if it has suddenly become meaningless then so do all the Athiests' cries to have "God" removed from the public square since that wall no longer exists.

When I was younger, even when I only had a part time job while going to school, I paid for my own birth control. I was responsible for myself and had no expectations that anyone else should pay for it. I went to Planned Parenthood because they had a sliding scale and I ended up paying a very small amount (though it was a lot for me). I left with a little brown paper bag with birth control pills and condoms. I used a diaphragm for a while because it was what I could afford. But even IF the premise is true that birth control for the women of Georgetown does cost what would be earned during a part time summer job, so be it. BC pills are a choice. Condoms & foam are another choice. There are newer kinds of IUD's and BC injected under your skin, or that Nuva ring that suddenly makes women want to wear yellow swim suits & go swimming while protecting them from pregnancy.

Still, I'd like to know (though I'm late to the party and you may already have run off) why you think "the right" doesn't know anything about sex? In fact you couldn't be more wrong. A textbook on human sexuality (excerpt here) sites a study showing conservative women have more orgasms than liberal women. That means we're not laying back in the missionary position with our eyes closed making out the grocery list. Part of the left's problem is you put everyone in groups instead of seeing them as individuals. All conservatives must think the same (uptight, Evangelical, whatever), all women should be pro choice, all blacks should be Democrats as should all gays, etc. Granted, I don't know any pro abortion conservatives but we don't all think the same thing about God (plenty here don't believe in Him), we have varying opinions about gay marriage (I don't have a problem with it & think the government shouldn't be in the marriage business anyway), etc.

For all the bouncy stories you folks tell over there, when you're really confronted you simply don't do well. You come over here to prove a point (and it's brave of you to come when you know you're going to be hit with both barrels) but quickly start denigrating us. What kind of an argument is it to say "A shame the right is so repressed they know nothing about sex and are instead forced to call people a slut because they actually have any at all." It's simply not true and I think most here could care less if Ms. Fluke has sex 5 times a day every day of her life, but we do expect her to take responsibility for herself.

How about a discussion of the real issue...why should the state think it has the right to force a religion to go against one of it's most sacred tenets by fiat. What gives Obama the right to just wave his hand and decide he can violate the 1st Amendment? And if you don't happen to think it doesn't then make your best argument for why it isn't.

Cindie

:clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow:

And the H5.

Ma'am, you're good.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2012, 07:00:36 AM »
H5 delilahmused  :cheersmate:

When I was younger, I went to my county health department for my birth control. I even got my yearly there...all for free. Heck, they even gave me the NORPLANT device when it first came out. Unfortunately I had to have it removed due to problems it caused.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2012, 07:51:12 AM »
You can't have an honest discussion about the issue when 1 side starts off with a lie, and a hint, it's not our side starting off with a lie.

And yes, delilah is right, this was a farce, this "woman" wasn't a po little girl, she's a woman, and from what I've read a wealthy woman, and how dare she, or any other brainwashed victim of the left, think that their wanting birth control, birth control paid for by other Americans, how they could think their wants trumps the rights of the 1st Amendment just shows how stupid our Nation has become, and how stupid the average Democratic voter is.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2012, 09:34:05 AM »
And Cindie gets another ^5 and a +1.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2012, 11:57:34 AM »
ALERT ALERT ALERT for those at DU

Rush is suspended for the day Rush is suspended for the day

Rush suspended himself for the day so he could play golf!

Offline Karin

« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »
Suspended in order to hit the links today.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2012, 12:09:43 PM »
Hey, if Obama can do it, why can't Rush?

And I'm gonna love hearing the DUmmy heads explode when they try to bring it back up only to have that one thrown in their faces.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2012, 12:18:22 PM »
Suspended in order to hit the links today.

I posted that below my message in 4 inch script LOL, wanted to see if they'd go into a frenzy without copying and pasting the little 4 inch script below my message. :-)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »
Uh Oh!

After all the showboating and grandstanding

Obama Fares Worse Among Women after Month-Long Contraception Mandate Battle
Washington Post poll contradicts Washington Post narrative about female voters.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/washington-post-poll-contradicts-washington-post-narrative-women-voters_633469.html?nopager=1

How's the great contraception mandate battle of 2012 playing out? If you read the Washington Post's news coverage, the issue is supposedly killing Republicans among female voters. But the newest Washington Post/ABC poll tells a different story.

During the first few days of February, about a week before Obama declared a so-called "accommodation" to the contraception/abortifacient mandate, a Washington Post/ABC poll showed Obama's approval rating at 50 percent, with 46 percent of Americans disapproving.

Then, from March 7 to 10--a week into the national media firestorm surrounding Rush Limbaugh's degrading remarks about Georgetown Law student and liberal activist Sandra Fluke--Washington Post/ABC conducted another poll. It found Obama's approval rating at 46 percent, down four points from February, and his disapproval rating at 50 percent, up four points from February.

In February, Obama was leading Mitt Romney, 51 percent to 45 percent among registered voters. In March, Obama was trailing Mitt Romney, 47 percent to 49 percent among registered voters. The Post/ABC pollster finds that Obama "did better among men and women alike last month, and has lost ground slightly among both sexes this month."

While women are 12 points more apt than men to identify themselves as Democrats, that essentially matches the long-term norm. Largely because of that partisan gap, Obama’s approval rating is 9 points higher among women than men, but again this is typical. Compared with last month, disapproval of Obama’s job performance is up slightly among men, and there’s no increase in approval among women. And on vote preference vs. Romney, Obama did better among men and women alike last month, and has lost ground slightly among both sexes this month. In the latest results Romney has a 12-point lead among men who are registered voters; among women, it’s Obama +6.

The Post/ABC poll asked Americans, "Do you think health insurance companies should or should not be required to cover the full cost of birth control for women?" It found that 61 percent of Americans think insurance companies should be required to pay for it. But if "the insurance is provided through a religiously affiliated employer that objects to birth control, however, support for this requirement drops to 49 percent (52 percent of women, 45 percent of men)." (It's worth noting that polls on this issue have varied significantly depending on how the question is asked. When a poll specifies that the "federal government" is the entity requiring employers to pay for birth control coverage, support for the mandate in general is evenly split.)

The bottom line is that it's not clear at all that the fight over the contraception/abortifacient mandate has hurt Republicans. The Post/ABC pollster attributes Obama's dip in the polls to high gas prices. Of course, the biggest story in February was the mandate, so it's possible that the mandate is actually hurting Obama.

But if you read the Washington Post's report by Karen Tumulty this weekend on the GOP's slide among female voters, you'd think the new mandate was a terrible issue for Republicans. The report originally began with this sentence: "The fragile gains Republicans had been making among female voters have been erased by what in recent weeks has become a national shouting match over reproductive issues, potentially handing President Obama and the Democrats an enormous advantage this fall." The Post then backed up the claim that the events of "recent weeks" had caused the GOP to lose female voters: It noted that women favored Democratic control of Congress by 4 points in a Wall Street Journal poll last summer, but now favor Democrats by 15 points in a new WSJ poll.

On Twitter, I pointed out to the Post's reporter that Obama's numbers had improved a lot between last summer and January--before the "shouting match over reproductive issues" had begun. Gallup, for example, showed Obama's net approval rating among all voters improving from -11 in August to -2 in January. So the fight in February over the mandate couldn't have caused Obama's improvement. It seems much more likely that better economic news caused Obama's rebound in the polls over the past several months, but the Post reporter never considers the possibility. (The same reporter once credulously cited a poll claiming that coverage of abortion under Obamacare would be wildly popular. Reliable polls showed abortion coverage was deeply unpopular, and the issue nearly killed Obamacare.)

A better way to measure how the fight over the mandate is playing out would be to compare January polls to late February or early March polls--and then compare movement among female voters to movement among male voters over the same period. Gallup showed Obama's approval rating average unchanged from January to February. And now we have the Post/ABC numbers showing that "there’s no increase in approval [for Obama] among women. And on vote preference vs. Romney, Obama did better among men and women alike last month." The generic Democratic edge among women voters "essentially matches the long-term norm," according to the Post/ABC pollster.

After our Twitter exchange, the Post reporter toned down the piece. The claim that the fight over "reproductive issues" caused the GOP's slide among women voters was deleted. The piece now notes that the GOP's downward trend among women voters "began before the controversy in recent weeks." (See the original report here.)

But even with these tweaks, the story is still one-sided. From its weak polling analysis, the story goes on to quote two Democratic pollsters, the president of a liberal think tank, and a Republican pollster working for a rival of Rick Santorum's--all of whom argue the issue is bad for Republicans.

The story also quotes Maine senator Olympia Snowe, the lone Republican who voted against the conscience exemption to Obamacare. The Post never notes that three Democrats voted for the conscience bill, and it pretends Kelly Ayotte, a Republican senator from New Hampshire who has been an outspoken opponent of the mandate, doesn't exist. Old white guy Orrin Hatch serves as a much more useful foil in the Post's 'GOP v. women' narrative.

The Post notes that Alaska senator Lisa Murkowski did an about-face on the conscience bill after she voted for it, but Murkowski is in a unique situation. She lost the 2010 Republican primary and won a three-way race without the support of conservatives. Murkowski badly needs a good chunk of support from social liberals and Democrats, unlike most Republicans. 

Of course, Senator Scott Brown needs lots of moderates and independents to vote for him in liberal Massachusetts. And according to the Boston Globe, "Brown may have benefited from his positions on social issues in the last few weeks, such as the one over whether Catholic institutions should be forced to provide contraception in their health care plans for workers."

Brown's Democratic opponent oriented her entire campaign around "contraception access" for the past month, but Brown tackled the issue head on and now holds a significant lead over Warren in Massachusetts. But this fact doesn't fit with the Washington Post's narrative, so it apparently isn't fit to print.

Update: On Twitter, the Post's Karen Tumulty disagrees with my post. "Obama approval [among] men plummeted in past month, stayed even [with] women," Tumulty tweets. According to the poll's crosstabs (which Tumulty helpfully passed along), Obama's approval rating actually dropped 3 points among women and 6 points among men between February and March (Obama's disapproval rating was up 1 point among women and up 7 points among men):

Obama's approval among women

February: 53-44

March: 50-45.

Obama's approval rating among men

February: 47-48

March: 41-55

I don't see how a 6-point drop among one group amounts to "plummeting" approval rating, but a 3-point drop among another group amounts to "little change."

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:52:07 PM by Ballygrl »

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2012, 04:31:54 PM »
The left does not really want Rush off the air, we want him to keep saying stupid things to alienate even more voters from the Republican party. President Obama is a lock in the election, we let Rush keep saying stupid things and he hands us more races. Every time this fool opens his mouth he creates more votes for Democrats, it's a thing of beauty.

Can't argue with that, after the beat down the Republican party took in 2010.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2012, 05:52:20 PM »
Can't argue with that, after the beat down the Republican party took in 2010.
What did owebuma call it again ? A "shellacking". ?