Author Topic: You Are There  (Read 367 times)

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
You Are There
« on: September 14, 2010, 06:51:11 PM »
Due to Frank's thread on Joe Pyne, I got to thinking about old TV shows I vaguely remember from childhood.  I remember a lot of patriotic shows because it was nearing the Bicentennial an one show I would swear was You Were There on The Shot Heard Around The World.

Looking at Wiki, it says the show went off the air in '57.  So being I wasn't alive prior to '65, what show could I be remembering?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline thundley4

Re: You Are There
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 07:00:11 PM »
Due to Frank's thread on Joe Pyne, I got to thinking about old TV shows I vaguely remember from childhood.  I remember a lot of patriotic shows because it was nearing the Bicentennial an one show I would swear was You Were There on The Shot Heard Around The World.

Looking at Wiki, it says the show went off the air in '57.  So being I wasn't alive prior to '65, what show could I be remembering?

I was born in '61, but I remember it also.  Some of the reenactments were as almost as good as what the History Channel to my fading memory anyway. From Wiki:

The program was seen again on Saturday morning on videotape from 1971 to 1972. These programs were also hosted by Cronkite. Both series were produced by CBS News.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: You Are There
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 07:39:34 PM »
Ah yes, thanks.  I remember it being Saturday morning.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey