Author Topic: U.S. woman adopts Russian boy, 7, then sends him back  (Read 2257 times)

Offline longview

Re: U.S. woman adopts Russian boy, 7, then sends him back
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 09:21:53 AM »
I read the article linked and another.  Both mention the boy's mother was/is an alcoholic.  I'm just guessing, admittedly, but the little guy might have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome or Fetal Alcohol Effect.  Either can make a really big difference in a poor kid's behavior and with what will work in the home. 

I am not making excuses for the gal who did this to him.  I just know from limited experience with kids that have either of those that things can be very stressful unless the family puts a bunch of effort into figuring out what works (which is what parents do!) and they often need help getting it all worked out.

A sister-in-law and her husband adopted two boys that it turned out had this.  The early years were really difficult, but they hung in, never gave up and now both kids are pretty good adults.  Still have some learing problems that make work tough at times, but they persevere and hold jobs.

Stories like this sure hit me in the "mom" spot of my heart. 

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 03:40:14 PM »
Foreign adoptions are easier to get than domestic ones. Also, it cost less and is less rigorous. I don't know why the woman adopted in the first place. Also, the adoption agency should of noticed something about that boy.

The opposite of that statement is true.  I researched both for years.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 07:21:06 AM »
The opposite of that statement is true.  I researched both for years.

I have been following on the Court program the trial of parents that are charged with first degree murder in the death of their 16 year old daughter due to a house fire.

The child is the biological daughter of the father, his wife adopted her at 18 months of age.
The couple have 2 daughters of their own and this has been dubbed the Cinderella syndrome.

Both biological girls were treated way different from the adopted child. The State says she was abused and tortured, chained to her bed at night with a dog choke chain and electrical ties.

The mother is legally blind yet pulled the child out of school to " home school " her when the child with very mild learning problems began to show class mates and their family's the marks left on her body.  Once she began to tell people about the abuse, she disappeared into the home.

So far the prosecution is still presenting their case that has gone on a week or so, Social workers have been left crying on the stand after admitting they ignored the child, her teachers and never even had the child examined or looked themselves for signs of abuse.

Very sad, I cannot wait to hear the defence to the treatment the child received or why the parents would tie the child to a chair in the basement for hours.

One thing really makes me wonder is that the child was 16 years old when she died trapped in her bed, how did she go pee, hold it or wet the bed.  Then the biggie, the ME that did the Autopsy never mentioned if the child may have been sexually active or was menstruating yet.       

Everyone from the prosecution to the ME seems to be tiptoeing around this and it is not normal to do this in the death of a young lady that age.

So she was adopted into a world of horror, if the parents had just sent her back to her mother she may not have been better off but chances are she would be alive at this time.

Doors swing both ways in life, I have known a few adults that were adopted and for curiosity went in search for their biological parents.  Every last one of them tell of the joy of finding a mother or father of their blood, then within months finding out just how lucky they were to have been adopted.

To put it bluntly, they considered their adopted family as their parents,  and the mother of blood just an incubator and the father of blood just a sperm Donner.