Author Topic: majority of Americans view abortion as morally wrong  (Read 433 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
majority of Americans view abortion as morally wrong
« on: January 22, 2010, 06:19:48 PM »
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/majority-of-americans-and-nearly-6-in-10-young-adults-view-abortion-as-morally-wrong-82304862.html

Oh my.

NEW HAVEN, Conn., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On the eve of the 37th anniversary of the Supreme Court's decision in Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion throughout the United States, a new survey shows a strong majority of Americans believe abortion to be "morally wrong."

"Millennials" (those 18-29) consider abortion to be "morally wrong" even more (58%) than Baby Boomers (those 45-64) (51%). Generation X (those 30-44) are similar to Millennials (60% see abortion as "morally wrong"). More than 6 in 10 of the Greatest Generation (those 65+) feel the same.....

The youngsters are more against it than the oldsters.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Schadenfreude

Re: majority of Americans view abortion as morally wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 06:24:43 PM »
Not surprised at all at those percentages. The baby boomers are possibly the most selfish group of Americans ever and comeuppance is surely theirs. They will get old, be a burden on society, and choice (not theirs) will be exercised.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
Re: majority of Americans view abortion as morally wrong
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 06:24:55 PM »
Yay Millennials!  Though, I though we were Generation Y...

I wonder if part of it might be that we've grown up seeing amazing advances in ultra sound technology.  Our parents saw blurry images, but we have the option of full 3-D ultrasounds that provide huge detail into the baby's development.  We can't pretend that it isn't really a baby.  Well, obviously some of us can, but there are idiots in every generation  :hammer: