Author Topic: Yesterday's Election Anti-Obama or Local Issues  (Read 636 times)

Offline deportliberals

• BANNED
Yesterday's Election Anti-Obama or Local Issues
« on: November 04, 2009, 12:10:15 PM »
As Rasmussen and Gallup showed, the independents are walking away from Obama's marxist agenda.

From the exist polling it appears that independents are moving back to the GOP.  In my state, we saw a 24 point swing from Obama and dems back to the republicans.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Yesterday's Election Anti-Obama or Local Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »
I hope that the GOP doesn't view this as a mandate to run amok as the Democrats did in 2006 to present. I hope they view it as a mandate for a smaller, more restricted Government that's focused on this country's survival.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 01:06:54 PM »
I hope that the GOP doesn't view this as a mandate to run amok as the Democrats did in 2006 to present. I hope they view it as a mandate for a smaller, more restricted Government that's focused on this country's survival.
I guess that depends on your definition of "running amok".

If it's in Bush-era terms of immigration amnesty, massive new government programs, increased spending, defense cuts, etc then I concur.

I would be hard pressed to see how immigration enforcement, cutting programs and spending (make that SLASHing), better defense etc could be labelled as running amok. I think these things would be far more readily accepted by the electorate than the Obama-Pelosi-Reid agenda even among the squishy middle.

The electorate knows it is ignorant and they like their ignorance, its comfortable for them but part of that self-imposed ignorance is that nobody wants to find out what comes after TRILLION.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline deportliberals

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 01:09:49 PM »

I agree!  It's too early to view this as a mandate but it is a strong shot across the Obama bow.  If the republicans do take back one or both houses in 2010, I hope they have enough sense to realize that they will have won for conservative principles and not squander their advantage as they did under Bush.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 04:36:16 PM »
Some disaffection with the free pony program and all the total BS about saved jobs, but far and away the results were driven by local issues.  Hatred of Corzine in particular, which was purely his own fault, not related to any Dem national agenda.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.