Author Topic: U.S. Government Paid 15-Year-Olds $40 to Answer Graphic Questions About Their Se  (Read 461 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
U.S. Government Paid 15-Year-Olds $40 to Answer Graphic Questions About Their Sex Lives

(CNSNews.com) – From March 2002 to March 2003, the federal government paid more than a thousand 15- to 17-year-olds $40 each to answer questions about their sex lives, including intimate questions about specific sexual acts, whether they had ever engaged in homosexual acts, whether they had used contraception, and what sorts of discussions they had had with their parents about sex.

Armed with laptops loaded with two questionnaires, one for females and one for males, more than 200 federally funded female questioners from the University of Michigan went into homes throughout the country to administer the National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG) on the behalf of the National Center for Health Statistics.

*snip*

According to questionnaires published by the CDC in a public document available on the government agency’s Web site (“Plan of Operation of Cycle 6 of the National Survey of Family Growth”), young teens were systematically asked graphic and personal questions about their sexual behavior out of earshot or the presence of their parents.

*snip*

Though the survey was conducted only after parents had signed the permission form, parents were in fact not allowed to be in the room when the survey was conducted on their children--nor did they get an advance look at the actual questions their children were asked to answer.

“By law the information each person gives is strictly confidential and is used only for statistical research,” the parental permission form attached to the CDC’s Cycle Six planning document warned. “To protect the confidentiality of your answers it is important to do the interview in private.”

Uncle Sam wants to know.....

MORE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Looks like a choice between making parents feel good about themselves, or getting reasonably accurate statistical data.  I don't see a problem with it, very few 15-17 year olds are wholly innocent of all sexual knowledge.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Looks like a choice between making parents feel good about themselves, or getting reasonably accurate statistical data.  I don't see a problem with it, very few 15-17 year olds are wholly innocent of all sexual knowledge.

Sure this does not sound too serious but we know the age level will go down to the point that kids in 1st. grade will be asked questions about their knowledge of gay life, where baby's come from and what is a french kiss.

The very fact that sex is brought up--Gay or Heterosexual to kids under 10 disturbers me.

Why are we allowing and in couraging our kids to even think about the subject is beyond me.

The age of innocence is being taken away from kids when a of 6 year old child has knowledge of what those older know and can think rationally about.  [If Possible :-)]

I can think of no reason for anyone to arouse a little kids intrest in sex other to pray on them in the future.

When the State can require little kids to read books on gay life in the 2-3 grade, how come they don't require the kids to read Play Boy for the alternative life style.??