Author Topic: You'll never guess which states have most jobless numbers?  (Read 614 times)

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Labor could loom large in mid-term elections...

Unemployment in March was 20 percent higher in so-called "blue states" won by Democratic candidate Barack Obama in last fall's presidential election than in "red states" won by Republican candidate John McCain, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=98569

No shit!
Really??

I guess those $40/hour jobs of slapping go/no-go stickers on windshields at the now government owned auto plants were really not worth it!
Hail to the chief blue state SUCKERS!

I hope your fracking pain is so great that your only options are to self-terminate.
Too bad you scumbags will drag down decent people that did NOT get that tickle down their leg when the big-ZERO spoke.
If your children and family starves you have no one to blame but yourselves.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline thundley4

Re: You'll never guess which states have most jobless numbers?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 02:11:06 PM »
Not only is unemployment higher in those blue states, but I'm willing to bet that those same states have a higher number of people on welfare, and also have higher personal and business taxes than the states that went for McCain.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »
That is what is called a sucker bet.

One of the things that makes the unemployment numbers here so high is the our minimum wage is $8.50.  The wage increased back in August, and lots of restaurants began closing down.  Including the cafeteria at the place I used to work.   It shut down the day before the MW increase.   Effectively increasing the MW cut one of my benefits.
They also reduced the cleaning staff at the same time.

Given the high taxes here, (no sales tax, but they tax everything else that moves, is nailed down, or makes someone happy) it is not surprising that that business is moving out. 

Several years ago the company I used to work for had a huge back office presence here. It moved here from CA. They have been moving back office operations to AZ for the last two years, and now the processes is accelerating. 

An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 02:56:41 PM »
You notice how you NEVER heard about the unintended consequences of the mandatory wage hikes or other such nonsense that affects business profits???
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle