Author Topic: Young Scots risk losing their sight in bid to get blind drunk  (Read 1045 times)

Offline bijou

Young Scots risk losing their sight in bid to get blind drunk
« on: August 28, 2008, 06:38:45 AM »
WITH one of the highest rates of binge drinking among teenagers, Scotland already has an unenviable reputation with alcohol.
But now experts are warning about a new trend among young people that is aimed at speeding up the process of getting drunk – pouring shots of alcohol directly into their eyes.

Known as "one-in-the-eye", it involves using shot glasses in a manner similar to that of eye-wash.

Despite the risk of blindness, users hope that by absorbing the alcohol via the membranes of the eye, it will enter the bloodstream more quickly and have a stronger effect when it reaches the brain.

Originating in the bars of holiday resorts on the continent, the dangerous fad has caught on in university bars and nightclubs, despite potentially catastrophic consequences. ...

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Young-Scots-risk-losing-their.4428773.jp

As ever students at the forefront of idiot behaviour.  :mental:

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: Young Scots risk losing their sight in bid to get blind drunk
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 07:17:22 AM »
There are much safer ways of getting really drunk really quickly.  Those people are freaking morons. :thatsright:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 11:44:02 AM »
There are much safer ways of getting really drunk really quickly.  Those people are freaking morons. :thatsright:

I recall reading about a fad of doing an alcohol enema. Hell, I ENJOY the taste of some alcoholic beverages. I'd rather drink the stuff and have a good time than to just get "high".
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 11:59:31 AM »

I recall reading about a fad of doing an alcohol enema. Hell, I ENJOY the taste of some alcoholic beverages. I'd rather drink the stuff and have a good time than to just get "high".

I had read about AWOL earlier this year.

Thousands of years ago, when men and women took that first drink, their lungs, nasal passage and bronchial tubes had alcohol passing through them.

That’s why you’ve probably heard: “You smell like you've been drinking again” or “Please exhale in this breathalyzer.”

One of the ways our body gets rid of the alcohol we drink is through the lungs, in our breath.

AWOL simply turns that procedure around and lets the alcohol enter the body through the lungs thus eliminating the dreaded hangover.

What Others Are Saying:

"It feels so clean!"
"What a great light feeling."
"No heaviness."
"This is the greatest thing since the still."
"If you hate hangovers, you'll love this."

AWOL

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 03:03:50 PM »
What part of Florida are these students at
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.