Author Topic: Real Estate Website Urges Conservatives To Buy Texas Homes  (Read 1172 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Real Estate Website Urges Conservatives To Buy Texas Homes
« on: June 07, 2017, 09:21:15 AM »
Interesting.  I like the idea, a bit . . .

Real Estate Website Urges Conservatives To Buy Texas Homes

MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) – Move to Texas for the great schools, the good jobs and the low crime. But also, a new web company pitches, move because you’re a conservative.

McKinney-based website conservativemove.com is drawing interest from around the country for its focus on moving right-leaning residents from blue states, to the Lone Star state. The website tag line reads “Helping Families Move Right.”

This week, company founder Paul Chabot says the first two homes owned by clients in California will go on the market. Five more clients are actively searching for homes in North Texas. There have been inquiries he said from more than 500 people, in more than 40 states.

“They’re dead serious,” he said of those showing an interest in moving to Texas. “They are absolutely dead serious on doing it.”

Chabot made the move himself with his wife and four children in January. After unsuccessfully running for Congress in California twice, he said the state just didn’t represent him anymore. At a going away party, people expressed a curiosity in making the same move, and the idea was born.

Maybe if I didn't have the ties to upstate NY that I do . . .

The rest of the article is here:  http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/06/06/real-estate-website-urges-conservatives-to-buy-texas-homes/
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Real Estate Website Urges Conservatives To Buy Texas Homes
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 09:28:42 AM »
I have thought about it but the heat and humidity ..........
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:28:07 AM »

North Texas isn't nearly as humid as down near the gulf.  Or in the Midwest, for that matter.  Definitely hot, though.  And not just the women. :hyper:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 11:17:17 AM »
I moved here to N. Texas from Southern California, my birth home. I miss the weather but not the insanity.  They had YET ANOTHER TAX take effect, making sales tax in So Cal 9.5% -- they are now tithing to the government just to buy stuff.  Now governor moonbeam wants to take on the Feds, while DEMANDING its money, like California is a dependent country.

They are nuts and I am glad I am here, weather or no.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 03:29:05 PM »
If I could get my job to move with me...
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 05:12:30 PM »

I've been very close to McKinney in North Texas for 20 years.  You get used to it...mostly; and as others have stated, not nearly as bad as southern coastal areas.  The hottest-humid place I've ever been to is Austin and/or San Antonio (TX)
Deplorable since 2016

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 08:15:52 PM »
I moved here to N. Texas from Southern California, my birth home. I miss the weather but not the insanity.  They had YET ANOTHER TAX take effect, making sales tax in So Cal 9.5% -- they are now tithing to the government just to buy stuff.  Now governor moonbeam wants to take on the Feds, while DEMANDING its money, like California is a dependent country.

They are nuts and I am glad I am here, weather or no.

Moonbeam just pledged to China that Californistan would adhere to the Paris Accord, though I doubt he intended that to include giving a bunch of other countries money, but ya never know how all those other countries will interpret it.  On top of that, their single-payer BS is projected to cost TWICE their existing annual budget for everything else on top of all their existing expenditures...meaning they'd have to triple their revenues just to keep going broke at their present rate.  How is it possible to triple revenues in a state that is already one of the most extortionate in the country?  Beats Hell out of me.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 08:23:42 PM »
Moonbeam just pledged to China that Californistan would adhere to the Paris Accord, though I doubt he intended that to include giving a bunch of other countries money, but ya never know how all those other countries will interpret it.  On top of that, their single-payer BS is projected to cost TWICE their existing annual budget for everything else on top of all their existing expenditures...meaning they'd have to triple their revenues just to keep going broke at their present rate.  How is it possible to triple revenues in a state that is already one of the most extortionate in the country?  Beats Hell out of me.

If I am not mistaken, California's budget is based on state retirees getting the shaft instead of a pension.  :popcorn:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 08:37:53 PM »
If I am not mistaken, California's budget is based on state retirees getting the shaft instead of a pension.  :popcorn:

Even if they did, the whole thing can't work.  Screwing the retirees will decrease the direct payments to them but throw a lot of them into other social programs that cost a ton, and they're only one factor in CA's over-obligated budget.  I can't see how the single-payer stuff can possibly work even if they build a wall to keep the productive from leaving that would make the German Democratic Republic and its STASI look like amateurs.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.