Author Topic: Rove: ‘I Fully Expect To Be Indicted By The End Of The Year’  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Yes.................you read that correctly  :lmao:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2982376

kpete  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 12:05 PM
Original message
Rove: ‘I Fully Expect To Be Indicted By The End Of The Year’   
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Mon Mar-10-08 12:07 PM by kpete
Rove: ‘I Fully Expect To Be Indicted By The End Of The Year’

Karl Rove, former senior aide to President Bush, spoke to a hostile crowd at the University of Iowa yesterday evening. Students and local citizens protested his appearance at the university and “staged a mock trial” for Rove inside the student union before the speech.

During the lecture, Rove lashed out at hostile questioners, telling one man his comment showed “a simple, stupid mind” and chastised what he said were “stupid statements” from the audience. Rove also said that former Amb. Joseph Wilson “lied” about his 2002 trip to Niger and accused an audience member of “perpetuating libel” on the U.S. military for asking about the real number of deaths in the Iraq war:

After Rove said most Western intelligence agencies agreed that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction prior to the war, Durham said, “When I had dinner with Joe Wilson, that’s not what he said.”

“With all do respect, Joe Wilson lied about his trip to Africa,” Rove responded, drawing more boos.
Responding to a question about CIA operative Valerie Plame Wilson’s outing, Rove, seemingly joking, added:

I haven’t been indicted yet, but I fully expect to be by the end of the year.

more at:
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/03/10/rove-iowa 

Gawd are the primitives dumb

acmavm  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 12:06 PM
Response to Original message
1. Indicted, tried, given a last cig and a blindfold hopefully.

:bird:

aquart  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 12:06 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Don't stop there.

bryant69  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 12:12 PM
Response to Reply #2
15. Don't stop with execution? What is there after Execution?

aquart  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 12:17 PM
Response to Reply #15
18. A blindfold is NOT an execution.
 It is mere preparation.

acmavm  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 12:20 PM
Response to Reply #18
20. Well, I just figured that you could fill in the blanks. Silly me.

:bird: :bird: :bird:

bryant69  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 12:24 PM
Response to Reply #18
21. Do you find it disgusting when Ann Coulter and the like fantasize about executing Democrats? n/t

Counciltucky (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 01:10 PM
Response to Reply #21
32. Yes, because they don't deserve it.
 Can't say the same about the likes of Rove and his ilk.

Man I wish I'd have been at this Rove event. I graduated from Iowa last year. Times like these make me miss UI even more...

Hypocrisy................noooooooooooo :bird:

bryant69  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 02:52 PM
Response to Reply #32
39. Well I guess I'm just uncertain about executing our political enemies. Seems a slippery slope. n/t 

Counciltucky (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 06:07 PM
Response to Reply #39
43. Very true...
 It's just one of those things where it would be fun were there no repercussions.

Wizard777 (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 06:55 PM
Response to Reply #15
46. Impaling his body upon a stake and placing it outside of CIA headquarters to serve as reminder 
 to future administration. 

jpak  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 12:07 PM
4. Further proof that crime DOES pay in Bushamerika
 $40K - not bad for a lying criminal sack-o-shit...

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 12:07 PM
5. Defensive much, KKKKarl? That would have been 
 Edited on Mon Mar-10-08 12:08 PM by babylonsister
a fun event to witness. Seems like the masses are turning.

The only mass turning is primitives turning in their beds......I mean coffins :bird:

There's much more over at this fire
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Fake But Accurate - they are creaming their jeans.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

So (to borrow a DUmmie opening), the DUmmies are lost on the fact Karl Rove was being sarcastic? 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
The turkey counsel primitive illustrates what's wrong with the primitive way of thinking:

Counciltucky (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 06:07 PM
Response to Reply #39

43. Very true...

It's just one of those things where it would be fun were there no repercussions.

There's repercussions to everything; to every person, to every event, that occurs.

No matter what one does, there's consequences.

Some of them expected consequences, some of them unanticipated consequences.

Primitives don't understand that.

It's like they've sat around smoking dope since the late 1960s, and don't expect any consequences, or repercussions, of that in their now-old age.

Damn, the primitives are denser than a black hole.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
barbtries  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Mar-10-08 05:31 PM
Response to Reply #10
35. $40,000   Updated at 9:05 AM

or, more than i earned in all of 2007.
King Solomon: Justice will only be achieved when those who are not injured by crime feel as indignant as those who are. Bekah Zask, my daughter 7-6-80 - 7-19-01
Alert    

Why do the primitives seem so proud of their lack of career success.  I made that much in the first couple of months of 2007.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

barbtries  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Mar-10-08 05:31 PM
Response to Reply #10

King Solomon: Justice will only be achieved when those who are not injured by crime feel as indignant as those who are. Bekah Zask, my daughter 7-6-80 - 7-19-01
Alert    

Why do the primitives seem so proud of their lack of career success.  I made that much in the first couple of months of 2007.

Umm...  I made $23,000 last year.  Should I not be proud of my job?

Congradulations for you having a high paying job.  I guess the rest of us shall go wallow in our misery.  :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator

...but don't you DARE waterboard a shitbag terrorist. I thought these f'ers were all against the death penalty?

Inconsistent pricks.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline djones520

...but don't you DARE waterboard a shitbag terrorist. I thought these f'ers were all against the death penalty?

Inconsistent pricks.

Keep reading Reb.  They justify it later on.  It's ok, as long as it's a Republican.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Rebel

• Administrator

Congradulations for you having a high paying job.  I guess the rest of us shall go wallow in our misery.  :whatever:

Were you married last year? You're an E-5, right? If so, no way you made 23K.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Rove is in big trouble when those 24 business hours are up!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

Response to Reply #10

Alert    

Forgot about the military -- sorry.  In the long run yours is the better deal.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

Were you married last year? You're an E-5, right? If so, no way you made 23K.

I didn't make E-5 until November.  Due to Finance not doing it's job (can't expect much outta people who do 6 hour work days), I didn't actually start getting paid E-5 until Jan.  And being married doesn't affect my Base Pay, and since I live on base, I don't make BAH.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
I didn't make E-5 until November.  Due to Finance not doing it's job (can't expect much outta people who do 6 hour work days), I didn't actually start getting paid E-5 until Jan.  And being married doesn't affect my Base Pay, and since I live on base, I don't make BAH.

Just sayin'. You have to add in your BAS, which is untaxed, and what they pay for your housing. If you truly only made 23K, you wouldn't make it. I remember using the argument different ways, when it benefited, but when it came down to it, living off post with BAH and BAS, which are both non-taxed, and my base pay, as an E-5 > 8, I was making about 45K in 2000. When you add what you would have to pay in the civilian world, military pay seems quite attractive.

I apologize for all of the commas in the 4th sentence, I'm too lazy to reformat.  :-)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Response to Reply #10

Alert    

You're not bitching that Rove made more than you for a speech. And I know when including your allowances that you made more than 23,000.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline djones520

Response to Reply #10

Alert    

You're not bitching that Rove made more than you for a speech. And I know when including your allowances that you made more than 23,000.

True, I get other allowances.  But I see that more as the government thanking me for telling them they can use me to catch bullets at their whim. :-)

The point I'm making though, is that you shouldn't attack anyone for being "proud" of their job.  This person could just be a welfare leech who doesn't work, and bitch about how unfair life is.  They have a job.  Their out there providing for themselves and their family.  They should be proud of that.  To degrade them because you make 4 times more money then they do just makes you look like an elitist snob.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
True, I get other allowances.  But I see that more as the government thanking me for telling them they can use me to catch bullets at their whim. :-)

The point I'm making though, is that you shouldn't attack anyone for being "proud" of their job.  This person could just be a welfare leech who doesn't work, and bitch about how unfair life is.  They have a job.  Their out there providing for themselves and their family.  They should be proud of that.  To degrade them because you make 4 times more money then they do just makes you look like an elitist snob.

Comes with the territory when dealing with DUmmies. People are just sick and ****in' tired of reading those assholes bitching about everyone who has more than them. You just got caught in the crossfire. I'm sure Freedumb doesn't have anything against police, firemen, EMTs, etc., who make less. It was more an attack on the DUmproaches.

Offline Chris_

It sorta came out wrong -- I mean 40K for a non-military person is below subsistence level.  But it is possible the poster was in school or something.  I am pretty sure people here do pretty well since by and large intelligent people can get pretty good jobs.  But that is a rule of thumb and not a guarantee.

Offline Chris_

Comes with the territory when dealing with DUmmies. People are just sick and ****in' tired of reading those assholes bitching about everyone who has more than them. You just got caught in the crossfire. I'm sure Freedumb doesn't have anything against police, firemen, EMTs, etc., who make less. It was more an attack on the DUmproaches.

That was closer to my point, yes.  Thanks Rebel.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
What the DUmmies fail to comprehend with Rove's statement...is that he just took a direct shot at jason Leopold...Will Pitt and all the DUmmies that bought into the "24 Business Hours" BS
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
What I find incredible is that these fools sit around discussing the execution of people who have done nothing except disagree with them politically. Then they catch their breath and call ALL Republicans fascists. How can it be possible for people to have this level of hypocrisy and stupidity and still be able to function in a normal society. :censored: :censored:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

What I find incredible is that these fools sit around discussing the execution of people who have done nothing except disagree with them politically. Then they catch their breath and call ALL Republicans fascists. How can it be possible for people to have this level of hypocrisy and stupidity and still be able to function in a normal society. :censored: :censored:

Most of them can't and don't.

Offline Airwolf

The turkey counsel primitive illustrates what's wrong with the primitive way of thinking:

Counciltucky (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 06:07 PM
Response to Reply #39

43. Very true...

There's repercussions to everything; to every person, to every event, that occurs.

No matter what one does, there's consequences.

Some of them expected consequences, some of them unanticipated consequences.

Primitives don't understand that.

It's like they've sat around smoking dope since the late 1960s, and don't expect any consequences, or repercussions, of that in their now-old age.

Damn, the primitives are denser than a black hole.

Just a bit of a note here Frank. Counciltucky isn't the name of a bird, it is the name applied to Council Bluffs, Iowa by most citizens of Omaha in a derogatory manner
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline daveman

• Please excuse my
  • Revolution we can believe in!
bryant69  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 12:24 PM
Response to Reply #18
21. Do you find it disgusting when Ann Coulter and the like fantasize about executing Democrats? n/t

Counciltucky (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 01:10 PM
Response to Reply #21
32. Yes, because they don't deserve it.
 Can't say the same about the likes of Rove and his ilk.
This space for rent.