Author Topic: Bostonian Drunkard had a list  (Read 1660 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Bostonian Drunkard had a list
« on: March 11, 2008, 07:58:16 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2984287

WilliamPitt  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 04:26 PM
Original message

I had Spitzer at the top of my list for presidential candidates in '12 if we **** things up this time, or in '16 if we don't.

This sucks.

Keep. It. In. Your. Pants. If. You. Hold. Office.

Is this too much to ask?

Hmmm.

One suspects the Bostonian Drunkard would be enjoying a happier fate, too, if the Bostonian Drunkard kept his fingers in his pocket, rather than on the keyboard.

Anyway.

madinmaryland  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 04:28 PM
Response to Original message

1. "had" is the keyword.

He'll probably resign in the next few days. Will never hold public office again.

Hypocracy is thy name.

Why is it primitives rarely seem to spell "hypocrisy" correctly?

Perhaps because primitives usually don't recognize it when it's obvious?

Whatever.

nels25 (159 posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 04:33 PM
Response to Reply #1

6. Just curious

if he does not resign,does the state of NY impeach and remove him form office??

As I understand it the legislature is split with the lower house being held by the Dem's and the upper house barely held by the GOP.

Just asking??

madinmaryland  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 04:41 PM
Response to Reply #6

10. He has basically said he committed a crime, so it may be possible to impeach and remove him, if that option exists in NY. Given that he has not been very popular with the houses in NYS, it may be possible to get enough votes for impeachment.

Your "take" on the above, muddyemms or Carl?

JackRiddler (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 04:50 PM
Response to Reply #6

17. The Republicans may well try.

State politics has been a personal Bruno v. Spitzer crusade for more than a year already.

I don't see how Spitzer can keep the job, simply because this isn't adultery - it's a crime by the law book. It shouldn't be, but he's cooked. He knew he was dealing with an illegal organization. Also, did he ever indict any johns when he was prosecuting prostitution rings? How can he answer that?

So here's an obituary for his governhorship:

He took his success as AG and thought he could be governor in the same fashion. His style was highly autocratic, he made a lot of enemies unnecessarily. He alienated Democrats in the legislature and gave the opening for a Republican slime campaign. The legislative pickings of his strategy have been slim and none.

The biggest achievement he had to tout was a reform of workers' compensation law in New York in the neo-liberal mold. Permanent "partial" disability due to workplace related condition now only counts for 10 years of insurance payments, for example. Patients can no longer choose their own pharmacy and drug claims contested by the insurer - all of them, usually - go without coverage.

NewHampster  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 04:28 PM

2. It's the demands of the job or the opportunities that present themselves.

He wouldn't have been any good anyway. Not such a great Gov. so far.

I dunno.

George Bush seems to have handled the greater demands of his own job, without doing anything illegal.

MrCoffee  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 04:29 PM

3. I second that emotion, Will

If you're going to get busted, don't get busted for exactly the same shit you locked people up for and made your name on.

NightWatcher  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 04:30 PM

4. my grandfather's best advice: 'keep it in your pants and dont do the drug'.

I did inhale, but have been able to obey the other part to date

Warpy  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 04:32 PM

5. Well, as I'm finding out, keeping it in your pants if you've made a name for yourself "cleaning up" prostitution is essential.

I never wanted him for President, but I thought he'd make a great AG.

Junkdrawer (1000+ posts)     Mon Mar-10-08 04:34 PM

7. Apparently, so did KKKarl...

Siegelman
Spitzer

spanone  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 04:40 PM

8. are they all complete idiots? don't they know they're gunning for each other?

my goodness elliott

Ichingcarpenter (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 04:40 PM

9. I liked, respected and supported his run for Governor

He did great things as AG against the wall-street criminals.

He hurt the Democratic Party and his career.

I'm extremely disappointed on the power of his dick.

And on it goes; the primitives seem sadly resigned to the Inevitable.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Bostonian Drunkard had a list
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 08:59:11 AM »
The DUmmies are all about "The Rule Of Law", so they should be calling for this Spitzermonkey's head.  Remember how the DUmmies are all about hanging George W. Bush, President of the USA, over some imaginary breach of The Rule Of Law? 

When one supports and insists the Rule Of Law be honored, one cannot pick and choose which laws are Rules and which are not.

Of course, the Rule Of Law doesn't mean jackshit when it comes to DUmmie illegal drug use - but, dammit, President Bush better follow the law to the letter or he is an international criminal worthy of death.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 09:47:17 AM »
Coach, the "word on the street" here is that he'll soon resign.  If he doesn't within, say, 36 hours or so, the Minority Leader of the NYS Assembly (Republican Jim Tedisco) will be asking the Speaker of the Assembly (Democrat Sheldon Silver) to start impeachment procedings.  BUT, knowing how ethically challenged Silver is, it's 50/50 that he would actually do what Assemblyman Tedisco asks.

Silver refuses to quit the Manhattan law firm he's part of (Weitz & Luxembourg), and on the W & L site, there was a link for people who wanted to sue the NYS government last year (until an outcry forced its' removal).  Recently, someone connected with the law firm was appointed to a special governmental panel, and Silver said, "There's no conflict of interest whatsoever," or words to that effect.  Oh--to the first sentence of this paragraph, it would be considered a "conflict of interest" for Silver to be employed by said law firm--yet he refuses to have the Republicans in the Assembly bring the complaint before the New York State Ethics Commission, which is something that he must do before the Ethics Commission can proceed.

Also, a senior aide to Silver had to resign a couple of years ago for drugging female interns and then having sex with them.  Silver came under a fair amount of criticism fo his role in that mess.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:52:33 AM by Muddyemms »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 10:03:01 AM »
Man, those were some hot friggin' women.

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,3524,00.html

Don't know if they were were 5K though.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 10:30:08 AM »

Too skinny -- it looks like one of those "feed the starving children" ads...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 10:34:17 AM »

I think I know a guy who can tell if whether or not that's a good price. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 10:43:45 AM »
They have the same equipment as other women, right? Seventy five bucks a minute? WOW!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 02:12:09 PM »
Did it take 24 business hours for the piper to come up with his list?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 03:42:22 PM »

Too skinny -- it looks like one of those "feed the starving children" ads...

I agree, couple of them look like frickin' refugees from a Serv prison camp.  A couple pretty nice though.  Not $5000 nice.  For $5000 it damn' well better have superpowers.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.