Author Topic: I get it now. I understand. Hillary will not concede even though she can't win.  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Lauri

Ian_rd  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Mar-10-08 12:15 PM
Original message
I get it now. I understand. Hillary will not concede even though she can't win.

Advertisements [?]
Through the will of Democratic Party voters, Hillary cannot win. But she will also not concede. She is not fighting this fight because she believes her policies are better than Obama's, for theirs are quite similar. She is fighting him because he is a threat. He is a threat to the Party Establishment who told her she could be president. How dare Obama barge in without paying his dues and presume to campaign without permission! It was HER turn! The voters have indeed been unruly, failing to take their orders properly from before the primaries that Hillary was inevitable, and that they should bow down and accept it. Like disrespectful children, they voted and continue to vote for someone else.

This must not be permitted, they say. Hillary Clinton will destroy the ability of the Democratic Party to win in November before she allows Barack Obama to be president. Because this is not Democrat vs. Democrat. This is the Elite control of government vs. popular democracy. That's why she's praising McCain at Obama's expense. That's why she will never concede despite her inability to win in a straight contest. Because she has taken sides, and it is not ours. In her mind, the Democratic Party can suffer another loss if it means preserving the system of establishment control in Washington, D.C.

She's not going anywhere. Either by stealing the election from the will of the voters, or dogging Obama until November. Hillary's mission, when before it was becoming president, has been redefined: Stop Barack Obama at all costs.

hey, the GOP knew this a year ago. you kids are kinda slow over there  :popcorn:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5002427

Offline Lauri

they are all very morose about Hilary... and then this..

greguganus 
7. After this, I wouldn't vote for hillary for president of a homeowners association. n/t
   :-)

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
The influence of Teh Rove knows no boundaries.  :bow:
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator

I dunno.

Earlier today, there was a bonfire started by the kaput primitive, kpete, in which the kaput primitive said Karl Rove is just about to be indicted.

So we might now have Karl around for long, if he's being sent to the big house.

I should have saved that thread, but the governor of New York sort of disrupted my notion of what's important, and what's not.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lauri

I dunno.

Earlier today, there was a bonfire started by the kaput primitive, kpete, in which the kaput primitive said Karl Rove is just about to be indicted.

So we might now have Karl around for long, if he's being sent to the big house.

I should have saved that thread, but the governor of New York sort of disrupted my notion of what's important, and what's not.

The Rove must be one of the best actors I've ever seen! He looked so happy and relaxed this afternoon on FOX discussing the implications of what the Spitzer situation would mean for Hilary's campaign.

And speaking of Hilary, did I call that one right or what? Hilary said "NO COMMENT" once... just once. :-)

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
 :bow: ALL HAIL LORD ROVE, THE ALL POWERFUL :bow:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
 :bow: ALL HAIL LORD ROVE :bow:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Does this idiot realize that B Hussein O has to win 75%-plus of the remaining delegates to secure the nomination?

That too is all but impossible according tot the latest polls.

What this idiot wants isn't for Hillary to drop-out but for Hillary supporters to not vote for her.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Attero, you used the wrong color . . .

ALL HAIL TEH ROVE!!!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

That'll come out of the next VRWC check . . .  :thatsright:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
It is an interesting point to ponder but not for the reasons the op thinks.

If Sen.Clinton doesn`t get the nomination one wonders how much support she will be extending to Sen.Obama.
She would be a viable candidate in 2012 but not in 2016 so she may not be all that interested in seeing a dem victory in Nov.

It would only be in her own self interest if she was looking to sandbag Obama.