Author Topic: I've Met Two Politicians In My Life, And Both Have Disappointed Me So Much  (Read 848 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2985714

Magic Rat  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Mar-10-08 07:21 PM
Original message
I've Met Two Politicians In My Life, And Both Have Disappointed Me So Much

Advertisements [?]
Elliot Spitzer and Hillary Clinton.

I met Spitzer once, back when he first became Attorney General, and Hillary Clinton, back when she was first lady before she ran for the Senate and then again while she was on the campaign trail in 2000.

I had such high hopes for both of them and I'm just sickened by what they've become.

Spitzer moreso, because the guy had so much promise. He could have been one of the all-time great governors of New York - but he blew it (no pun intended). He really, really could have been one of the good one's and a real solid national powerhouse.

Clinton to a lesser degree, because other than how she's acted in this presidential campaign, she was a pretty good senator.

I think if Obama comes to visit my area, I'll stay home. I don't want to taint him.

:(

Refresh | 1 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
:bs2flag:

lpbk2713  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Mar-10-08 07:34 PM
Response to Original message
3. I met Jeb Bush and Katherine Harris at the same time and place.

I still get a queasy feeling in my stomach when I think about it.

(Jeb really does have a big head and Harris ... well, what they said about her applying makeup with a putty knife appeared to be true at that particular time.)

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
:bs2flag:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
....oh sure, go for the woman's make-up.... :cheersmate:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Lauri

so, Spitzer and Hilary just became tainted human beings this year? before 2008, they were honest and hard working and moral and had character??

:lmao: