Author Topic: So I'm filling up my car with gas in Venice, CA today...  (Read 2225 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
So I'm filling up my car with gas in Venice, CA today...
« on: March 09, 2008, 10:18:53 AM »

Kutjara  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-08-08 09:45 PM
Original message
 ...and this guy rolls up in a house-sized SUV and stops at the other side of the pump from me. As he's removing the nozzle, he looks over and says "Heh, heh. Guess we can thank Hugo Chavez for this shit, huh?" I was preoccupied so I didn't immediately get what he was saying. "Sorry, what?" I replied. "The price of gas. Guess we can thank Hugo Chavez for driving the price of gas through the roof," he clarified. I was stunned by this overt example of neocon thickheadedness, so it took me a second before I said, "I'm saving my thanks for the Chimpanzee people like you put in the White House. Twice. If you want to know why oil prices are through the roof and the economy's in the toilet, look no further than the criminals in DC and the boardroom of ExxonMobil." "Bullshit," he responded, "it's the ******* commies who're trying to destroy America, same as always." I was about to drive away by this point, so I said, "they don't need to waste their energy. We're doing a great job of that all on our own. Enjoy your $100 tank!"

Honestly, how can someone like this pass the border checks and get into Venice? I thought there were rules.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7549582

Error #1, starting your bouncy tale with 'So' it makes them too easy to spot.  :-)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: So I'm filling up my car with gas in Venice, CA today...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 10:33:09 AM »
They get lamer by the day.

I live in a pretty small world out in the middle of nothing to be fair about it but just can`t picture any part of a "conversation" like this happening. :whatever:

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 10:38:47 AM »

Kutjara  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-08-08 09:45 PM
Original message
 ...and this guy rolls up in a house-sized SUV and stops at the other side of the pump from me. As he's removing the nozzle, he looks over and says "Heh, heh. Guess we can thank Hugo Chavez for this shit, huh?" I was preoccupied so I didn't immediately get what he was saying. "Sorry, what?" I replied. "The price of gas. Guess we can thank Hugo Chavez for driving the price of gas through the roof," he clarified. I was stunned by this overt example of neocon thickheadedness, so it took me a second before I said, "I'm saving my thanks for the Chimpanzee people like you put in the White House. Twice. If you want to know why oil prices are through the roof and the economy's in the toilet, look no further than the criminals in DC and the boardroom of ExxonMobil." "Bullshit," he responded, "it's the damn commies who're trying to destroy America, same as always." I was about to drive away by this point, so I said, "they don't need to waste their energy. We're doing a great job of that all on our own. Enjoy your $100 tank!"

Honestly, how can someone like this pass the border checks and get into Venice? I thought there were rules.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7549582

Error #1, starting your bouncy tale with 'So' it makes them too easy to spot.  :-)

That damn old evil Exxon.  I wonder if any of the DUmmies can explain why Citgo gas is usually prices the same as Exxon and Shell and Amoco and .....

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 11:34:03 AM »
Boing,boing,boing.......They aren't even trying anymore... :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 11:34:29 AM »
1 bong. They do not even try anymore.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 12:24:30 PM »
theredpen  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-08-08 10:52 PM
Response to Original message
15. Another tale of Houston turnabout

Same friend as the Saab story from above.

Whenever my friend is waiting line with another friend somewhere in Houston, he'll start a really load conversation, "So, can you believe people voted for Bush twice? I mean, how stupid are these people? He lied us into a war and then he couldn't even run it successfully, he's screwed up the economy and he's made our country the joke of the world."

Invariably, some wingnut will chime in with a counterpoint and he'll cut them off with, "Excuse me, but this is a private conversation!"

Works every time.

:whatever:

I think this guy may have been in GA recently I was waiting in line and a couple of guys were yammering on about how bad * is and war for oil blah blah blah I just stood there and laughed to myself.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 12:25:23 PM »
Zero credit. Even some of the news people have said tha tHugos jacking around down there has driven the prices up. Makes me wonder who their script writers are sometimes.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 12:26:04 PM »
theredpen  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-08-08 11:04 PM
Response to Reply #16
17. Fair enough...

But don't forget that the ready access to handguns thing works both ways.

Also, when you're waiting in line at the bank, it would be a great victory to get the wingnut to draw a weapon. The wingnut would... end badly.

:whatever:

You would piss your pants if the "wingnut" even hinted he had a gun.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 03:02:11 PM »
The bouncy fell flat, pfffft.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 04:50:32 PM »
So I'm sitting on my fat Cheeto's engorged ass smoking a fat spliff today in Venice, CA and had a vision...

fixed...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 09:01:16 PM »
You also know it's a bouncy when the DUmmie is the one who is polite.

They only credible word from this DUmmie's mouth was  when he said "bullshit".
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 09:23:04 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but when I'm at the gas station filling up, I'm actually just watching the pump and I never talk to anyone else out there. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 09:38:16 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but when I'm at the gas station filling up, I'm actually just watching the pump and I never talk to anyone else out there. 

I live in Oregon and by state law we cannot pump our own gas.
Usually when the tank is filling I just sit there, staring out the windshield thinking "did I leave the iron on?"
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 09:51:56 PM »

Usually when the tank is filling I just sit there, staring out the windshield thinking "did I leave the iron on?"

I listen to the radio.    :tongue:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 10:59:02 PM »
i get out, swipe my debit card, put the nozzle in the tank and go sit back in my house sized SUV with the air conditioning on and listen to my Ipod, talk on my cell phone and think about where I'm going shopping next.  :-)

on edit; i go back and sit in my house sized SUV in order not to run into the moonbats who might start spontaneously screaming at the pumps and people in general. living in seattle, the odds of this happening are much higher.. and i just dont want to chance it. 

although, i'd like to see it happen sometime..  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 01:49:07 PM by Lauri »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 01:59:20 PM »
So, I'm at the gas station filling up my truck. I've got "God Bless America" and "Proud Parent of a US Marine" bumper stickers on it when this moonbat pulls up behind me. I know it's a moonbat because there's an "I brake for fairies" (I didn't ask what kind) license plate frame. Anyway, this fat, middle-aged woman with the greasiest, stringy long hair I've ever seen gets out, starts pointing to my bumper stickers and spewing some angry rhetoric. I rolled down my window and said, "Hon, you're just not worth the oxygen, just go make up a fantasy about our encounter, okay?"

Cindie

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »

Doesn't that just piss you off?  The states of Oregon and New Jersey feel their citizens are too dumb to pump their own gas .... Or is there another reason they give.

When I was working in New Jersey it totally blew me away when I got out of my truck to pump my gas and they wouldn't let me.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 02:49:48 PM »
Even if it isn't a bouncy (it is), it is funny that the "house sized SUV" owner can AFFORD his $100 tank.

The OP probably keeps his 1984 Yugo filled up by selling recycled newspapers from the garbage.